John Mccain, how DARE you??

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by marleyisalegend, Aug 12, 2008.

1. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Audacity would be a good word. How 'bout hypocrisy? Or here's one we all love. FLIP FLOP! After criticizing Obama for being a celebrity, Mccain makes an entrance that would've been just as suitable at the MTV Video Music Awards as it is on the campaign trail. He makes this grand entrance on the Straighttalk Express (HA!) to, what was it, the Rocky theme? Queen? Something like that. Either way, it just tickled me. It's like someone eating a turkey sandwich, and yelling at someone eating a cheeseburger; "That used to be a live animal ya know!" Uhh, you've got some TURKEY on your bottom lip.

:rolleyes:

2. Jonathan2/11

Jonathan2/11 New Member

I dnt see wut ur sayin, just cuz he makes a dramatic entrance dnt make him anything like obama hes way better den dat and da poles agree

3. Qua

Qua
    Gold Member

Albums:
    How freaking dare you McCain?!

Please.

#3 Qua, Aug 13, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  4. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    Where are you talking about , usually the music played is chosen by the planning committee where he is visiting. He was in my County today, even visited a football team practicing at a local school and they won't even be able to vote. We already know where you stand on the campaign trail sweetie. Don't let it make you a hater. He is just an old man. I saw on the news, they let some 9 year old boy ask him a question and the dear little thing said "when your done talking will you sign my book" McCain immediately fulfilled the lads wish.

I still ain't a McCain supporter and especially now that I see Tom Ridge might be his vice. Lieberman would make a better vice in my opinion.

5. Principessa

Gold Member

OMG! You're illiterate and a moron. That speaks so well of Mc Cain supporters. :rolleyes:

Oh yippee! He signed a little boys book. :rolleyes: I'm sure it made a great photo op. Just like Pres. Bush stopping to take a pic with a 91 yr old woman last week. It was completely unplanned and unscripted.

Tom Ridge or Senator Lieberman as a Republican vice president?!?! :yikes: Is there nobody else?!?! :confused: I doubt very seriously the Republican National Committee will nominate nor will the Republican constituents support an Orthodox Jew for vice president. Get a grip on reality! :tongue: Half the south still thinks Jews have tails. :angryfire2:

6. Guy-jin

Gold Member

Albums:
    It pisses me off that someone who types the way you do gets an equal vote as someone like me.

7. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Really? And where is that? Where do I stand? I'd love to hear what assumptions you've made. And I'm certainly not hating, just ranting at the hypocrisy, trust me, my posting will never reach Trinity-level obnoxiousness.

It was actually the same entrance music CELEBRITY/governor Scwarzenager (sp?) used. I think it was definitely a celeb entrance; flashy, show-offish, everything he accused Obama of being a week ago. And agian, I have to laugh at the "Straighttalk Express". Who else is on that STE with him? Edwards? Jesse Jackson? Martha Stewart? Yup, Mccain comes from a long line of.....straight talkers.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

I know! See, this is why I believe stupid people should not be allowed to breed. :cool:

9. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

I agree with the Ridge part but Lieberman? That turn coat. All he does is flip flop between winners! I don't think McCain has a big problem with the Jewish vote which is the only reason I can think of taking Lieberman. What McCain needs is someone who knows their geography and can help him pronounce countries names! :biggrin1:

10. D_Pubert Stabbingpain

D_Pubert Stabbingpain Account Disabled

Yep, hypocrite is his middle name. He jumped down Obama's throat for acting like he was already President by touring Europe and the first thing McCain does is call Georgia's leader and say the US stands behind them?!! That's not acting like he thinks he is already Pres?

Come on folks, every word out of his mouth is a contradiction. I'm from his own state and his reputation here sux. In fact, the AZ polls have him neck and neck with Obama in a predominantly Republican state.

The only other person who walks around in public looking lost and like a total dufus is the current Pres. His walk, his talk, the look on his face is soooooooooo Bushy. He tries to seperate himself from the main fool but he looks more and more Hawkish every day. What I want to know is who is pulling McCain's strings. IOW, who will take Dickie's place running the White House?! :biggrin1:

11. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's fairly hilarious. A republican, in a republican state, neck and neck? That's like Jordan only beating Webster by a few points.

12. lucky8

Gold Member

Good thread marley...

13. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

could you understand him?!?!

BTW, I thought he was expressing his support for Obama :tongue:

14. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I just want to see how the pundits are going to react with the guy practically waging war on Russia, not the Soviet Union, but the original Russian Empire, Russia.

Aren't we broke? You can't charge a war on American Express, you moron.

15. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you kidding? The repugs are like a teenager with a limitless credit card, and of course someone else (citizens playing the role of the parent) have to pay for everything....with interest.

16. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I see irony in your statement however: the chief reason we American can borrow our way through life is that we are the only (credible) military power left.

Were it not for our military might...we'd be put on a 0-calorie diet by the IMF in no time.

17. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

This is nothing new. I mean, this particular act is, of course, but McCain acting this way is nothing new. Back in June, when a handful of his committee members resigned (some because they felt more strongly about Obama's campaign than McCain's, others because he was firing high-profile lobbyists), he was looking at what Obama was doing to keep his so tight-knit and get so many people behind him. Notice how around that same time that Obama clinched the (presumptive) nomination, McCain starting talking about "change that will actually work," spinning half-truths out of his political records. He's been mimicking Obama for a while, only to turn around and berate him for the same acts done differently.

Granted... It's still pretty funny to watch, since it's getting him nowhere.

18. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Let's give Trinity her due ... she may seem obsessive, but her posts have about as much detail as anyone's, and her arguments aren't easy to dismiss.
    I don't agree with her but she's formidable.

19. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    you can be such a dick for a female

20. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

It's so ridiculous for McCain to even be arguing about being a celebrity for if he didn't want that kind of status he wouldn't be running for President. Being in politics is all about having power and stature to begin with... just like a celebrity.

Draft saved Draft deleted