John McCain: USA PATRIOT (ACTor)

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media

Since you brought it up...no, he didn't. While that's old-hat to most people with half a brain in their heads, it appears the political 'fraidy-cats are gathering their proof that his justification was carefully fabricated and are finally speaking up.

The hope is but a glimmer in the distance, but we may yet see that motherfucker impeached and convicted for his crimes.

Hazel, disagree. There was cause to invade Iraq and a legal ratification under United Nations as a military enforcement of the first gulf war's cease fire agreements. When Saddam kicked out weapons inspectors under Bill Clinton's watch (the night he was impeached - Saddam was an opportunist - taking advantage of the US's in-fighting at the time) - the UN already had a mandate to militarily enforce the first gulf-war cease fire negotiations - that included weapons inspection - to completion and NATO patrolling of the northern and southern air defense areas of Iraq and adherence to the UN food for oil program to allow Iraq to rebuild and keep Iran at bay.

Clinton and the UN did not insist those inspectors return to Iraq after they were expelled. We bombed Saddam for 4 days, including the facilities he barred access to (I know, I was there). Later it is revealed UN members had their hands in the Food for oil scandal - were Saddam charged the illegal surcharges on oil anyway.

The issue - 9/11 is attacked. The UN promises unmitigated support on the war on terrorism, yet they let Hussein ride roughshod over the UN. They don't enforce their own laws.

I give Bush and Rumsfeld black eyes, b/c they had the wrong strategy from the jump. They planned on a short campaign and "shock and awe" worked for the short term. Though long term, that region has suffered with less and they waited it out and Rumsfeld did not have a plan for a protracted strategy. Something Powell was verbose about and Rumsfeld disregarded.

We had a reason to be in Iraq - but Powell was clear - if you break Iraq, then it's yours (to Rumsfeld). Bush left Rumsfeld in there - even though we were failing our objectives abysmally.

Long before this president and during my military career, the top analysts/former ranger, delta guys that I respected were clear, said you have to have a diplomatic and a military enforcement measure that works in that region. You cannot rely on one or the other. Negotiating terms and not enforcing them does not help the region, it brings more hatred to us for our oversight. Our military presence without any substantive dialogue with stakeholders that are vested - as neighbors, versus "evil neighbors" doesn't work either. Using a report that was filtered from the UK about Uranium is not the president's fault. I can tell you as intel person, uranium reports were not the reason nor the legal foundation to invade Iraq.

Now, if you want to talk about opportunism of Chenney and the stubborn histrionic personalities of Bush and Rumsfeld - we're in violent agreement.

The one thing I give McCain is that he criticized the administration vociferously for the way they prosecuted the war, the way that troops were not prepared, equipment. He was not afraid to have that dialogue w/ Bush and Rumsfeld. It's the only point I give McCain - b/c again it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize Rumsfeld did not work with Powell, and he didn't listen to his generals on the ground.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
I've said this before. I'm voting Obama, b/c he will put smart people around him. He will have a diplomatic angle - and an unconditional dialogue with our enemies and is resolute about defending Israel. Even Bush's own secretary of state Condoleeza Rice and secretary of defense, Robert Gates have told the stubborn Bush and Chenney, the US has to find a way to talk to enemies. It's not a new concept and it's not about whether one is a republican or a democrat. Regan talked to our bigget enemy, the Soviet Union at the time and everyone thought he was nuts to do so.

Obama has the same thinking - it's not a policy driven decision about republican or democrat. You have to say you took the step to hear that side and find common ground. What goals do we have that we can agree upon? We want stability in the region at least, etc. I want someone that has that kind of thinking. I don't believe when Obama is briefed by his generals or when he gets those briefs from his intelligence agencies, he is going to make a rash decision on politics, but do what is right to keep us safe. That may not mean anchoring in to Iraq - but maintaining an american presence will be likely. We've been in Germany and South Korea and the conclusion of those conflicts to deter those regions from erupting in to conflict again. It's likely we will maintain a presence in Iraq.

I'm voting Obama, b/c he is willing to take the step and have the dialogue, not some stalwart failed military poke with a stick approach that failed with this administration.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
he will put smart people around him.

He will have a diplomatic angle -

he will have unconditional dialogue with our enemies and is resolute about defending Israel. Even

Not a policy driven decision about republican or democrat. You have to say you took the step to hear that side and find common ground.

I want someone that has that kind of thinking.

I don't believe when Obama is briefed by his generals or when he gets those briefs from his intelligence agencies, he is going to make a rash decision on politics, but do what is right to keep us safe.

he is willing to take the step and have the dialogue

My god... re-read what you have written... where is the track record? This is what you want, not what you are getting.

Issues are issues, but I'm starting worry about Obama "fans" when the black Nikes and purple shrouds are being put on.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My god... re-read what you have written... where is the track record? This is what you want, not what you are getting.

Issues are issues, but I'm starting worry about Obama "fans" when the black Nikes and purple shrouds are being put on.

I agree, I can't even believe some of the dreamy stuff these fans are saying. You'd think it was the fucking Age of Aquarius PLUS the Goddam Little Prince, if not Jesus Christ and Confucius and Buddha thrown in. I mean, it will be just so simple for Obama to push eveybody in his direction--especially since he can't even convince a lot of LPSGers, and we don't make policy. Lordy Lord, I hadn't realized it had gone this far. Sounds almost like the Reverend Fucking Moon and the National Honor Society rolled into one.

It's clearly a kind of religious cult more than I'd realized. That will never last in today's climate. And these 'discussions with our enemies' almost sounds like the Book of Revelation. 666 anyone?

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
and an unconditional dialogue with our enemies and is resolute about defending Israel.

This is the most wishful and absurd though. It is altogether impossible to do both. Even the most experienced statesmen couldn't carry that one off. You'd think he was talking to Zeus and sleeping with Juno,not just Michelle Obama.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree, I can't even believe some of the dreamy stuff these fans are saying. You'd think it was the fucking Age of Aquarius PLUS the Goddam Little Prince, if not Jesus Christ and Confucius and Buddha thrown in. I mean, it will be just so simple for Obama to push eveybody in his direction--especially since he can't even convince a lot of LPSGers, and we don't make policy. Lordy Lord, I hadn't realized it had gone this far. Sounds almost like the Reverend Fucking Moon and the National Honor Society rolled into one.

It's clearly a kind of religious cult more than I'd realized. That will never last in today's climate. And these 'discussions with our enemies' almost sounds like the Book of Revelation. 666 anyone?

I don't mind if someone stands on a different side of an issue... Iraq, borders, abortion, etc... but agreed....

This is some dreamy... "he's going to cure cancer" rhetoric with no historical track record.

Going to be a long summer... for one... want to know why Barry has voted against almost every piece of legislation to create more energy resources (as do most Dems).

Also, I want to know what he's going to say to Iran's Aqua-Velva Dad....

Why his wife hates the US and whitey so much (ok, teasing there... but you know that's going to come up, and it is fair game Obama, so don't go Bill Clinton and scorn the media for asking a relevant question).

Explain the $100M he's earmarked in pork barrel spending this past year (especially vs McCains $0 in his entire career).

Why $300K went to known radical religious groups (nee Plfeger Miester Meister Burger).

Why is noone asking about what he's going to do about gas prices (I already know that no politician has the answer, other than empty rhetoric... but I want to see "dumb America" see it themselves...)

Just start answering some questions, at a minimum... vs change and hope, and Bush is evil, and so forth.

Answer some salient questions , for once. Then tell us what you are going to do for America, vs why we need change.

Change for the sake of change if folly.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This thread is not about Barack Obama...there are plenty others where you can freely peddle your ignorant crap.

I created this one to discuss McCain's stated intent to continue the current administration's policy of disregard for the US Constitution, and I don't appreciate the tactics of deliberate misdirection being displayed here.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread is not about Barack Obama...there are plenty others where you can freely peddle your ignorant crap.

I created this one to discuss McCain's stated intent to continue the current administration's policy of disregard for the US Constitution, and I don't appreciate the tactics of deliberate misdirection being displayed here.

Ok, hazel god... I'll remember that ... on just about 99.9% of the Etc Etc threads that you digress off of.....

Are you kidding me?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Come to think of it, HazelGod,..... I'm sure your comment was directed to Zoe73... since she spent a few paragraphs on Obama....when you specifically wanted a thread on McCain and the Patriot Act. Guessing she is the "ignorant" one you were lambasting.

Am I correct on that? Or you policing me/us on your thread because we disagree, and letting like minds run rampant???? (shame)

It's ignorant when you don't agree, yet your like-minded folk can digress. So I guess Zoe is the brunt of your transgression, no?

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Come to think of it, HazelGod,..... I'm sure your comment was directed to Zoe73... since she spent a few paragraphs on Obama....when you specifically wanted a thread on McCain and the Patriot Act. Guessing she is the "ignorant" one you were lambasting.

Am I correct on that? Or you policing me/us on your thread because we disagree, and letting like minds run rampant???? (shame)

It's ignorant when you don't agree, yet your like-minded folk can digress. So I guess Zoe is the brunt of your transgression, no?

You should feel free to treat him with the same lack of respect and condescension (not intellectually earned, although he thinks it it) that he practises with everybody he wants to. He's an obvious boor, and a pretentious redneck boor at that.

Last edited:

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Putting someone on ignore because they disagree politically with you demonstrates what appears to be a sorry basic general human tendancy against diversity. Mankind is a creature of thought, thus differing thoughts and perspectives are the truest form of diversity, far more than mere appearance. When you pick and choose which perspectives you will entertain and throw away or ignore any which you disagree with you are showing yourself to be discriminatory in a way which, to me, is FAR more offensive than overt racism. Racism is based in stupidity and fear. Ignoring someone's intellectual beliefs is a snob-nosed, aloof rejection of the aspect of diversity for which racial and cultural diversity is so valued. Differing perspectives.

Last edited:

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
^you sir are an ignorant tool. Putting someone on ignore because they disagree politically with you demonstrates the basic human tendancy against true diversity. Mankind is a creature of thought, thus differing thoughts and perspectives are the truest form of diversity, far more than mere appearance. When you pick and choose which perspectives you will entertain and throw away or ignore any which you disagree with you are showing yourself to be discriminatory in a way which, to me, is FAR more offensive than overt racism. Racism is based in stupidity. Ignoring someone's intellectual beliefs is a rejection of the aspect of diversity for which racial and cultural diversity is so valued. Differing perspectives.

wow you even threw in the race card in my choosing to ignore a man that calls woman "cunt.Or that calls people on here that disagree with him "fucking morons".You sir are not even a sharp tool.Now go have another drink,you will feel better.Caio.:biggrin1:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Putting someone on ignore because they disagree politically with you demonstrates what appears to be a sorry basic general human tendancy against diversity. Mankind is a creature of thought, thus differing thoughts and perspectives are the truest form of diversity, far more than mere appearance. When you pick and choose which perspectives you will entertain and throw away or ignore any which you disagree with you are showing yourself to be discriminatory in a way which, to me, is FAR more offensive than overt racism. Racism is based in stupidity. Ignoring someone's intellectual beliefs is a snob-nosed, aloof rejection of the aspect of diversity for which racial and cultural diversity is so valued. Differing perspectives.

No, that's fine... Hazel God got caught as he ripped me for being off topic, it happens..... as he's often well-thought out, but sometimes an overly-passionate poster..... and then some new LPSGer pulled the ignore thing... I have to believe it's better to debate than just have a forum where everyone is on the same page.

If we want to be on topic ... McCainis about 9,000% more patriotic than Barack Obama (and his wife, combined).