John McCain's 58,000 disability draw

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Apprently, original source unknown, John McCain has been drawing military disability since returning from vietnam. Currently, it's 58,00 per year, tax free. His wife is wealthy enough to have unlimited acces to a private jet and they own multipel homes, some report "eight or nine." Presumably, he also draws a senatos salary. Yet he voted agains the new GI Bill, proposed by Senator Webb, as being too generous.Assuming this is accurate, what do folks think?
Dave

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Apprently, original source unknown, John McCain has been drawing military disability since returning from vietnam. Currently, it's 58,00 per year, tax free. His wife is wealthy enough to have unlimited acces to a private jet and they own multipel homes, some report "eight or nine." Presumably, he also draws a senatos salary. Yet he voted agains the new GI Bill, proposed by Senator Webb, as being too generous.Assuming this is accurate, what do folks think?
Dave

If he is entitled to the disability payments that is not my concern. If he is being a hypocrite and cares only about the rich it is not surprising.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
I don't think anybody cares about hearsay and presumable rumors at this point. Find an actual source with reputable evidence, then we can talk. Until then, McCain is causing himself enough problems without rumors.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I tend agree with Mem. I just think there is some real justification for the payments--he did the war and was a POW--but to say the Vets should not have a boost is wrong. War Vets need services constantly. Or you will have another round and generation of people having flashbacks and hurting themselves and others.

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I tend agree with Mem. I just think there is some real justification for the payments--he did the war and was a POW--but to say the Vets should not have a boost is wrong. War Vets need services constantly. Or you will have another round and generation of people having flashbacks and hurting themselves and others.

Agreed, but fact of the matter is John McCain is the last military vet that actually needs financial help...that family is loaded and if this is true, i see it as unethical because he is taking money that could go to a vet that actually needs the funds. It wouldn't surprise me, there's something not right with that man

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You want a source, you got one: John McCain himself disclosed that he received a disability pension. (source)

And he earned it. Blast him for his lack of compassion for other soldiers, not for the pension he draws himself.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Agreed, but fact of the matter is John McCain is the last military vet that actually needs financial help...that family is loaded and if this is true, i see it as unethical because he is taking money that could go to a vet that actually needs the funds. It wouldn't surprise me, there's something not right with that man

WTF? So what you are saying is somebody receiving a pension should lose their pension if they marry somebody with money? :rolleyes:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dave

Stop. It. Now.

Do you have ANY clue as to what that bill was, or why McCain voted against it? Seriously.... since I know you don't, let me provide...

This was a handful of Democrats tying in a shitload of earmarks... in an election year...to allow for EXACTLY what you are doing. Have you researched, or read the bill? Thought so. You are spoon fed the "McCain, an veteran, votes against GIs so he can keep the rich, rich".

The bill was riddled with pork and earmarks and RIDICULOUS amendments all over the place. Even I knew the first time I saw/heard about it.

Democrats sponsoring a bill for military benefits. Say that out loud 3 times... hopefully, your suspicion radar should be bouncing off the charts.

The "pet projects" were semi-out-the-wazoo on this one. This was a petty way for the Democrats to not only shoot the "we support the troops" but paint responsible politics in a corner.

McCain is supporting a separate bill (which I assume you won't hear about) that isn't riddled with crap.

God, it frightens me who is allowed to vote sometimes. At least be educated, and not spoon fed the one liners. Seriously, people. There is a reason why the Democrats aren't pinning McCain on this one, and letting the dipwad bloggers run with it... think about it. I'd love for this to be brought in the spotlight... then we can see the pork barrel track record of Hillary, Barry, and Teddy.

BTW, you know McCain used to smoke cigarettes too:

After a few years in the hanoi hilton

Have to admit, looks good there despite a handful of years of torture...the point here is he supports big tobacco.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You want a source, you got one: John McCain himself disclosed that he received a disability pension. (source)

And he earned it. Blast him for his lack of compassion for other soldiers, not for the pension he draws himself.

How dare you... be smart on this one. Seriously, for once.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stop. It. Now.

Do you have ANY clue as to what that bill was, or why McCain voted against it? Seriously.... since I know you don't, let me provide...

This was a handful of Democrats tying in a shitload of earmarks...

Fact-check:

Bullshit. Absolute misinformation.

It's almost a joke how often folks on the right like to talk about "Democrat earmarks".

The full text of the bill Sen. Webb sponsored (S. 22) is available at the Library of Congress at this link. A PDF version of the bill is available at this link. There is not a single "earmark" in the bill.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Fact-check:

Bullshit. Absolute misinformation.

It's almost a joke how often folks on the right like to talk about "Democrat earmarks".

The full text of the bill Sen. Webb sponsored (S. 22) is available at the Library of Congress at this link. A PDF version of the bill is available at this link. There is not a single "earmark" in the bill.

Link came up 404.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Link came up 404.

The links are working for me.

But I'll try again. It's true that S. 22 contained no earmarks. The version in the House of Representatives differed from the Senate version, and the version that ultimately passed both houses was H. 2642, a bill that is broader in scope than the original S. 22. (The sponsor of H. 2642 was Chet Edwards, not Jim Webb, which is why I missed it in the original search.)

As it turns out, the spending for GI educational benefits ended up being the earmark; the passed bill was an Iraq war supplemental bill which originally contained no additional spending for GI benefits at home.

Last edited: