John Noakes on Blue Peter (1970's)

mgc1uk

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Does anyone have any pictures of John in those tight white skimpy swimming costumes he used to wear? They helped me through my childhood!

Bruce1957

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sorry not to have a picture but thanks for the memory reminder. I too loved the white swim trunks - preatty risque for a Children's TV presenter.

John was good for getting his kit off - I remember him naked in a turkish bath on one filmed summer trip with Peter P. There was another occasion when he tried out some sort of bath in the studio, but those white trunks were something else!

Bruce1957

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Still no pictures. I think I remember a picture of him in those trunks in an "Annual" one year in the sixties - sadly, all my "Annuals" went for jumble many years ago!

Another John Noakes memory of mine was from after his Blue Peter days when, for a time, he was a Saturday morning presenter for TVam.

They had a Keep-fit item that John joined in with. During a set of lunges a testicle popped out of the leg of his short shorts in live camera shot. He didn't wear the shorts the following week!