John Smoltz

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by avalonlovelove, Aug 11, 2007.

?

Who is the biggest gay supporter?

1. Ellen

75.0%
  2. Rosie O' Donnell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Kathy Griffin

25.0%
  4. Margaret Cho

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Ellen Pompeo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. avalonlovelove

avalonlovelove New Member

I am a Braves fan but I am not a big fan of John Smoltz.He is a Christian and a very nice man so I like him.But the comment he made at a family values convention in Atlanta caught me off guard.When asked about what he thought about gay marriage he responded "What's next?Marrying an animal?He basically was comparing gay marriage to bestiality.I am still a Braves fan and I won't let one man's ignorant and cruel comments deter me from enjoying my favorite team.Oh well you think you know some people.:eek::eek5: :23:

2. umass1

umass1 New Member

That doesn't surprise me coming from a baseball player. Remember John Rocker, another member of the Atlanta Braves.

3. invisiblekid36

Albums:
    I had a hard time believing your comments avalon. Lo and behold I googled the comments and was shocked. It's a shame that such a good player and role model could make a comment like that. Guess its karma that his wife is now divorcing him. Let's hope she is the one who initiated it because she learned what a true homophobe he is.

4. agnslz

Gold Member

Isn't it funny how the ones who say that gay marriage is a threat to traditional marriage are either divorced or on their second or third marriage themselves?:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted