John Travolta and the gay kiss

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
Where'd Travolta's hair go??:33:

Believe it or not...

*feels strongly as though it's National Surrealism Day here*...

...he has it shaved that way because he's playing the late Divine's rôle as Edna Turnblad in a remake of John Waters' camp extravaganza Hairspray :rolleyes: :eek: :rolleyes:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0427327/

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Stronzo said:
So's John a big mo or not?
If he is, then he's so far back in the closet that he's in fuckin' Narnia.

This pic is being run by the National Enquirer, and I doubt it's what it seems to be at first glance at all.... just a fluke micro-second thing caught by a lucky paparazzo imho.

TOP9X7

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The word on the street about JT has been "out" for years, various tabloid stories, including one from an ex-employee, and rumors have been that he is gay (bottom). I wish a star like Paul Newman, who no longer has to worry about losing roles as a romantic lead would come out and speak of the millions of men and woman living a double life, it could help as many people as his considerable charity work with his product line.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
TOP9X7 said:
I wish a star like Paul Newman, who no longer has to worry about losing roles as a romantic lead would come out and speak of the millions of men and woman living a double life, it could help as many people as his considerable charity work with his product line.

Are you saying Newman has been living a double life?

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think John Travolta (regardless of his sexual orientation) seems a likeable sort.

I just wish he'd stop pronouncing his "r"s so damned hard.

It's like overkill to disguise his New Jersey origins.

**unlike our resident Sorcerer I would not fuck him.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
TOP9X7 said:
The word on the street about JT has been "out" for years, various tabloid stories, including one from an ex-employee, and rumors have been that he is gay (bottom). I wish a star like Paul Newman, who no longer has to worry about losing roles as a romantic lead would come out and speak of the millions of men and woman living a double life, it could help as many people as his considerable charity work with his product line.
I'm not sure that's the best name to throw into the fray, for the following reason (and presuming that rumors about either actor's sexuality are true)...

1) Paul Newman has been a staunch advocate of gay rights for many years. Sample quote: "I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being; by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant". [source]

whereas

2) John Travolta has been a leading proponent of the cult of scientology, which maintains that: "[a man] would regain a more normal sexuality as he gains more spiritual freedom through Scientology".
[source with references to a 1998 suit filed against Travolta by an ex-scientologist who claimed Travolta was cited as a 'successful' exampe of a 'cured' homosexual]

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
2) John Travolta has been a leading proponent of the cult of scientology, which maintains that: "[a man] would regain a more normal sexuality as he gains more spiritual freedom through Scientology".
[source with references to a 1998 suit filed against Travolta by an ex-scientologist who claimed Travolta was cited as a 'successful' exampe of a 'cured' homosexual]

My source were a couple of Industry recovering $cientologists. They told me this in '96 or '97 over cruisy coffee in West Hollywood.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
alex8 said:
1) Paul Newman has been a staunch advocate of gay rights for many years. Sample quote: "I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being; by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant". [source]

That's in line with everything I've understood.
Closet case? Pretty unthinkable, at least to me.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorcerer said:
More for meeee!

The beginning of Saturday Night Fever is burned into my mind. I think he still looks good.

Ok ok.. I remember the Kotter days too but by the time of that movie he was too Brooklyn (in a bad way). I thought about it fleetingly but Sorcerer... all that girth now 'round his middle? Ugh.

Dude looks like the Michelin Man to me.

horsehungtim

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorcerer said:
In the inner circles of Hollywood Scientology, the ahem church has been using him as an example of how homosexuality can be cured.

I'd still fuck him.

Cured? *lol* He's hit on some massage therapist friends of mine

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Sorcerer said:
More for meeee!

The beginning of Saturday Night Fever is burned into my mind. I think he still looks good.

I think he has even gotten hotter with age and weight. I'd totally do him.

Who cares if he is gay or not?!

Details, details...