Verified
Gold
Media
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I joined this place a long time ago thinking it wasn't for real, but I recently rediscovered it and found my login information....so here I am.

I appreciate the insight I have read here, and will be glad to contribute when I have the ability. I am not as "affected" as a lot of guys who post here, but there wouldn't need to be this group if we all had the same issues.

Anyway, I am pretty friendly. Track me down if you want to say hello.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'd just focus on posting replies to threads seem interesting to you. Try to keep things fun, but still keep yourself grounded. If someone asks for advice on a topic and you can help (even if its only a little) go ahead and try to put in your thoughts, even the smallest comments can mean a lot to someone. Overall, just respect the others and throw yourself out on the board, and you'll do fine :)

hung_big: Welcome Buddy!

Howzit?

Anywho...If you want advice about how to be respected in a community such as this, it's pretty simple. I think people here are generally laidback and give you the benefit of the doubt. That is to say, they will respect you relatively easily, but you can lose that same respect fairly quickly as well.

Just try to keep things lively, fun, intelligent and, as Brian said, keep grounded. And one very important thing, respect each individual and their opinions. You will find lively debates on this site and you will have to learn (if you already haven't) to make sure to keep your personal feelings from fogging yer judgement.

One last piece of advice - if you find a topic and go into it knowing that you are going to be angered or offended, it is better to just stay away from it. I could offer this advice to some of the regulars on this site as well. Just steer clear from trolls and topics that don't do anybody any good, and you'll be fine.

I hope this helps and I'm sorry about the long-windedness. You seem like a nice guy and again, WELCOME!

Much Love,

Chris

hung_big:
Originally posted by SouthernBMC@Jun 12 2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for your insight Chris. I look forward to not putting my foot or any of my other appendages into my mouth when replying to people's topics.
[post=320025]Quoted post[/post]​

Though you can put one of your appendages in MY mouth :D

SouthernBMC

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by hung_big+Jun 13 2005, 03:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hung_big &#064; Jun 13 2005, 03:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SouthernBMC@Jun 12 2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for your insight Chris. I look forward to not putting my foot or any of my other appendages into my mouth when replying to people&#39;s topics.

[post=320026]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I set myself up for that.

SouthernBMC

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by chimera@Jun 13 2005, 04:53 AM
lol, welcome. I&#39;m new here too... and didn&#39;t realize there was another chimera :p
[post=320046]Quoted post[/post]​

From what I can tell, you&#39;re in pretty good company. Welcome to you as well.

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by SouthernBMC+Jun 13 2005, 07:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SouthernBMC &#064; Jun 13 2005, 07:21 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by hung_big@Jun 13 2005, 03:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-SouthernBMC
@Jun 12 2005, 11:14 PM
Thanks for your insight Chris. I look forward to not putting my foot or any of my other appendages into my mouth when replying to people&#39;s topics.

[post=320026]Quoted post[/post]​

I set myself up for that.
[post=320100]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Heh, around here....you almost need to expect responses along those lines from anyone who&#39;s mind happens to be in the gutter. Those people just happen to comprise about 99% of our population here though, so good luck avoiding that :D

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by chimera@Jun 12 2005, 11:53 PM
lol, welcome. I&#39;m new here too... and didn&#39;t realize there was another chimera :p
[post=320046]Quoted post[/post]​

heh, the chimeras are multiplying :D

Welcome to the group dude :)