Jokes about gay people.

B_WER25

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you make a joke about a gay person (everyone does, don't lie to yourself), do you mean it to be an asshole or do you mean it as a joke. I make jokes about gays sometimes, but it's always in good fun.

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I mean it as a joke. I've never used a tone of voice or action in the midst of one my 'gay' jokes because my telling that joke didn't stem from a place of prejudice or ignorance any other one of those horrible things. In the instance of my telling a gay joke, which is very seldom, I can only remember an air of Happy Feelings (thank u Frankie B.), good times, and just plain old laughs.

I can say this: when I tell a joke, everyone laughs. No one feels left out. I think that's a good joke.

vcxz4321

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
When you make a joke about a gay person (everyone does, don't lie to yourself), do you mean it to be an asshole or do you mean it as a joke. I make jokes about gays sometimes, but it's always in good fun.

I don't think anyone goes out of their way to be an asshole. What I think your trying to say is, do you really dislike gays/believe what your saying or are you just simply making a joke not are you trying to be an asshole.

nalbill

Just Browsing
Media
I don't tell gay jokes. I do have to admit that I tell the occassional straight joke. We all do (don't lie to yourself) They usually go something like ---- there was this straight guy with a fat ass, a thick neck and a dirty ass crack, who talks about sports all the time and who wipes boogers on the wall while standing at a public urinal -- so anyway, he was walking down the street with a girl with a fat-ass, a muffin-top, and a tramp stamp, wearing a baby doll top that is at least two sizes too small so her gut was showing. And the girl had the tired-assed bleached blonde hairdo with the ratty-assed mocha brown hair hanging out the back. So this guy is really into her because she is a really loud-mouthed girl who smokes, can throw a cheap version of gang signs, and uses the word bitch a lot. So the girl has a really funky angle pic of herself on myspace, and a couple holes between her legs...blah,blah,blah.

Honestly, when I tell these jokes, I don't do it to offend, it is always in good fun.

Last edited:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't tell gay jokes. I do have to admit that I tell the occassional straight joke. We all do (don't lie to yourself) They usually go something like ---- there was this straight guy with a fat ass, a thick neck and a dirty ass crack, who talks about sports all the time and who wipes boogers on the wall while standing at a public urinal -- so anyway, he was walking down the street with a girl with a fat-ass, a muffin-top, and a tramp stamp, wearing a baby doll top that is at least two sizes too small so her gut was showing. And the girl had the tired-assed bleached blonde hairdo with the ratty-assed mocha brown hair hanging out the back. So this guy is really into her because she is a really loud-mouthed girl who smokes, can throw a cheap version of gang signs, and uses the word bitch a lot. So the girl has a really funky angle pic of herself on myspace, and a couple holes between her legs...blah,blah,blah.

Honestly, when I tell these jokes, I don't do it to offend, it is always in good fun.

That was an awesome set-up. Too bad you were too busy trying to make a political point. I was waiting for the punch line. Still am.

Jokes will always be funny and offend. Context is everything. At the same time, the same people who tell them would never tell them infront of the people who the joke offends. I dont think it makes them, racist, homophobe, etc. Hypocrites? Maybe but I guess they go with the logic that if no one hears it, no harm no foul.

Usually, gay jokes revolve around a man acting in a feminine way. Some speak to the culture.

Here is one I heard form a kid:
"What do gay horses eat?"

"Hay" (said in a gay, flamboyant way) :biggrin1:

Last edited:

D_Follensby Fowlplucker

Experimental Member
Media
IMOH I think people need to have sense of humour in this life. Me and my mates (str8 & gay) joke with each other all the time. A joke is supposed to make you laugh, not be offended, so my own concern is whether the joke is funny or not as everyone is different.

A couple of jokes recently sms'd to me are:

"Husband: Why are married women heavier than single women?
Wife: Well my dear, a single woman comes home, looks at what's in the fridge and goes to bed. A married woman comes home, looks at what's in the bed and goes to the fridge."

"A gay couple are having a blazing argument about the new colour scheme for their bedroom. Tom wants it painted white and Adam wants it painted fuschia. Everything comes to a head and Tom storms out leaving Adam alone. About an hour passes and Tom cools down, realizing his love for Adam is worth more than a few tins of paint and head back home. When he arrives home, he is amazed to find not only has the entire bedroom been repainted, but it's white. A tear begins to form as Adam walks into the room, "Oh Adam, I'm amazed you went with the white, I love it and I Love you even more!" Adam replies, "Well I love you too Tom, but I haven't started yet. I just farted before I went for a shower!"

Remember, the ability to laugh at yourself shouldn't be forgotten... ;)

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I agree with Wish-4-8. Context is everything. I've been in situations where I've heard gay jokes and thought they were funny, then at the same time I've been in situations where I've heard them and been offended. I do think it's uncouth to tell any joke about any "group" of people around anyone you don't know. If it's with close friends, fine, but if I'm in a group with even one person I don't know I'm not gonna bust out my latest fat/gay/straight/racial/sexist joke, you know?

Florida Boy

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Don't assume that everyone understands. Humor is the most difficult form of discourse.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That was an awesome set-up. Too bad you were too busy trying to make a political point. I was waiting for the punch line. Still am.

Does she drink her Thunderbird out of a Dixie cup or straight from the bottle?

OK, that is kinda funny. But a joke is funny when there is some sort of contradiction. The set up implies that there are two "trashy" people attracted to each other.

If he asks he out and she says she would love to go on a date, after she gets out of church, that would be funny. :biggrin1:

D_Jay Sockafeller

Experimental Member
Media
Like it was kinda hinted at before the funniest jokes are often the ones that are the most offensive...so here goes.

What do you call a gay guy in a wheelchair?

Roll-aids

Sorry I know it's mean but I laughed really hard when I heard it.

When i make a joke it's normally to make ppl laugh - not to have a go at them. However, my jokes are quite often crap so they end up offending ppl anyway without me actually meaning it :rolleyes: :biggrin1:

Seriously tho - it's best to keep offensive jokes for ppl u know really well, cos they know (hopefully) you're saying it light-heartedly and in a kind've affectionate way.

Don't particularly make gay jokes tho for some reason :confused: seems kinda hurtful.

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

A few of my best friends have come out to me. We exchange jokes (often about blonds, gays, guys in the hood, etc) as just that and with no intention of being an A-hole. Hell, they often use the term fag primarily for emphasis, I guess.

Pecker Check

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wish-4-8 is right that most jokes include a contradiction. When I said Nalbill’s set-up “was the punch” I meant the “contradiction” was in his set-up. Wasn't he using irony (“… use of words to convey the opposite of their literal meaning”) to suggest that those who think they control and contain their jokes’ power to offend might say more about themselves than about the group they try to lampoon? Some jokes carry a label (such as "jokes about gay people"), but they might also be labeled “laugh at your own risk.” Joke tellers might not be the beautiful people they think they are.