Jon Stewart Rips Obama: Kick your OWN ass!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Video: Ass Quest 2010 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Jon Stewart's Gulf Coast Oil Spill segment encourages Obama to kick his own behind for his bad response to the spill.

And then....Mr. Stewart uses the rest of the segment to tell the President he is an empty suit full of rhetoric and he needs to do his darn job. :rolleyes:

And he didn't stop there...he reiterated the fact that Obama has yet to adequately address the jobs crisis...of course with humorous satire:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-8-2010/what-about-jobs-

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Video: Ass Quest 2010 | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

Jon Stewart's Gulf Coast Oil Spill segment encourages Obama to kick his own behind for his bad response to the spill.

And then....Mr. Stewart uses the rest of the segment to tell the President he is an empty suit full of rhetoric and he needs to do his darn job. :rolleyes:

And he didn't stop there...he reiterated the fact that Obama has yet to adequately address the jobs crisis...of course with humorous satire:

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-8-2010/what-about-jobs-
I was wondering what had happened to you.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
This would only seem like news to folks who somehow believed that Jon Stewart was a "libtard". Those who are familiar with programs like "The Daily Show" also know that nobody in the public spotlight is safe from ridicule... especially politicians. They call anyone out, regardless of political affiliation. Apparently, Trinsanity doesn't know this and would like to propagate this bit to be some sign of Republican/Conservative masses gaining power. Wow.

Someone tell me when can we pass an amendment to ban rabid stupidity? :rolleyes:

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stewart really hit the nail on the head with this segment. Pretty much everyone with a functioning brain has figured out that Obama is an empty suit.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
This would only seem like news to folks who somehow believed that Jon Stewart was a "libtard". Those who are familiar with programs like "The Daily Show" also know that nobody in the public spotlight is safe from ridicule... especially politicians. They call anyone out, regardless of political affiliation. Apparently, Trinsanity doesn't know this and would like to propagate this bit to be some sign of Republican/Conservative masses gaining power. Wow.

Someone tell me when can we pass an amendment to ban rabid stupidity? :rolleyes:

She didn't say it was news you blow hard she said it was funny. She dosen't need to propagate anything. Baracks hanging himself. Lip service only gets you so far. You should know that seeing as when it comes to giving lip you're a pro.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
She didn't say it was news you blow hard she said it was funny. She dosen't need to propagate anything. Baracks hanging himself. Lip service only gets you so far. You should know that seeing as when it comes to giving lip you're a pro.

EVERYTHING Trinity does around here is with the intent to propagate and agitate. Its post history demonstrates this wholeheartedly, so let's not act stupid here.

Then again, we are talking about you... :rolleyes:

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
EVERYTHING Trinity does around here is with the intent to propagate and agitate. Its post history demonstrates this wholeheartedly, so let's not act stupid here.

Then again, we are talking about you... :rolleyes:

thats the pot calling the kettle black! look in the mirror someday and you'll see what everyone else sees. Hypocrite!

captain garbonzo

Experimental Member
Media
thats the pot calling the kettle black! look in the mirror someday and you'll see what everyone else sees. Hypocrite!
:biggrin1:

The blowhards in this forum are ridiculous on both sides. Anyone who can't see that is biased. I find it pathetic but hilarious. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ, people are fucking dumb while pretending to be smart.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media

You love to post the Jon Stewart links that bash conservatives, Republicans or just Bush. Wonder why you don't post the Obama disses...hmmm

Then this thread is in the wrong forum.
Jon Stewart's show is a satirical news show which happens to be humourous. This is a political forum and the OP is on politics...right forum.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Stewart's routine imo, suggests a frustration that some centrists and left leaning people have been feeling: mainly over Obama desire for bipartisanship.

I've suggested here before that he'd do better spending less time considering the wants of those he's not likely to please. Then more would've been accomplished regarding passing healthcare reform and Guantanamo, both issues (mentioned by Stewart) on which Obama faced stiff opposition from conservatives.

What I got from Stewart's routine is "fuck your opposition and do what you said you were going to do."

D

deleted15807

What I got from Stewart's routine is "fuck your opposition and do what you said you were going to do."

And we can all appreciate that but he's got the invertebrate democratic party that is seemingly afraid of it's own shadow. How Health Care Reform got passed is simply an astonishing feat never to be repeated. The Republican Noise Machine is still a very effective tool at dumbing down any discussion.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Stewart's routine imo, suggests a frustration that some centrists and left leaning people have been feeling: mainly over Obama desire for bipartisanship.

I've suggested here before that he'd do better spending less time considering the wants of those he's not likely to please. Then more would've been accomplished regarding passing healthcare reform and Guantanamo, both issues (mentioned by Stewart) on which Obama faced stiff opposition from conservatives.

Obama's Job Approval according to Gallup: 45% Approve 48% Disapprove

Obama's opposition are the very people he claims to represent - The American People. More Americans didn't want Obama's mess of healthcare reform than did want it. And that is still true:

President Obama and his allies, concerned about deep skepticism over his landmark health care overhaul, are orchestrating an elaborate campaign to sell the public on the law,
MSNBC

As for Gitmo and the other policies that Obama has been failed to accomplish...Obama can't blame others for his inadequacies - that's the job. Every President has the other party to deal with. Obama claimed to be able to talk to anyone and able to get things done.

The oil spill and his other failures are demonstrating Obama's incompetence. A teleprompter speech does not a leader make.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

When I look in the mirror, I see that I'm a person who has only created 61 threads, many of which are not in the Politics section. Whereas the person you're trying to compare me has created more than double the amount of threads as I, with more than 90% them in the Politics section all geared to smear the President and/or the Democratic Party. That's not the pot calling the kettle black. That's me telling you how it is, and you crying like a little bitch because you don't like the results.

I also see a person that is much smarter and intellectual when I compare myself to your profile image. Then again, we are STILL talking about you... :rolleyes:

b.c. said:

Exactly!! Anyone can figure out that people on the right are mad at Obama because he's not "one of them", so they run with any news that doesn't position him in a positive light to suggest that he's an "empty suit". Whereas some people on the left are upset with him because they want Obama to be tougher and more progressive. Two entirely different reasonings for the same story.

But ain't it funny how Cruella de Vil and her usual henchmen fail to get the picture?

Last edited:

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's why Jon Stewart won Tim's Most Trusted name in News after Cronkite died: we know he is socially liberal and financially conservative and does not hesitate to call out stupidity on either side. The Entertainment Weekly interview with Stewart and Colbert weeks before the 2008 election summed everything wrong with the current political machine.

However, Trinity, were you paying closer attention you would have seen the Daily Show segment wher Stewart jump cut between a Bush speech and an OAbama speech and showed there was a one adjective difference between the three key points ineach speech. Makes you wonder who really is running the government sometimes.

Oh yeah Rob Wagner already told us 10 years ago: "I was going to have a cover on Forbes but you like an idiot wanted to take over the world. And you don't undersatnd there is no world; it's all corporations." (--Number 2 in Austin Powers for the less film savy)

sbat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's why Jon Stewart won Tim's Most Trusted name in News after Cronkite died: we know he is socially liberal and financially conservative and does not hesitate to call out stupidity on either side. The Entertainment Weekly interview with Stewart and Colbert weeks before the 2008 election summed everything wrong with the current political machine.

However, Trinity, were you paying closer attention you would have seen the Daily Show segment wher Stewart jump cut between a Bush speech and an OAbama speech and showed there was a one adjective difference between the three key points ineach speech. Makes you wonder who really is running the government sometimes.

Oh yeah Rob Wagner already told us 10 years ago: "I was going to have a cover on Forbes but you like an idiot wanted to take over the world. And you don't undersatnd there is no world; it's all corporations." (--Number 2 in Austin Powers for the less film savy)

Who was Wagner referring to?

And do you have a link to that Entertainment Weekly interview?