Journalists freed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Aug 4, 2009.

1. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    After weeks of quiet, diplomatic negotiation by the Obama administration through Hillary Clinton and the State department, the White House dispatched former President Clinton and his team to North Korea to secure the release of two convicted journalists sentenced to 12 years in jail.

After several hours of meetings and ceremonial posing Jung Il pardoned the two women and released them to Mr. Clinton and they are all en route home.

Happy Birthday Mr. President and God bless you.

2. Notaguru2

Gold Member

I love diplomacy. +1

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

consistent with North Korea's historical pattern of interaction with the rest of the world

nothing to see here, folks, move along ...

4. D_Tully Tunnelrat

D_Tully Tunnelrat New Member

Speak softly and carry a big stick still works; (as many on this site should know.)

5. houtx48

Gold Member

bill is going to be a member of th mile high club with two asian chicks at once tonight.

6. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
    sad how the right-wing looneys have to resort to jackass comments when they can't prove anyone wrong.

7. Notaguru2

Gold Member

Umm.. downplaying Americans being freed from unlawful imprisonment, is nothing to see? I question your Patriotism. Any time Americans are freed from hostile capture, its a good day in America. You just can't stand for anything positive to happen while Obama is in office. I bet you secretly pray for another 9/11... I see through you.

8. houtx48

Gold Member

first you see the whining repbs and here on the opposite end is the whining democrats.

9. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

Let's see........First off, they were employed by Al Gore. As far as I am concerned, he's the one who got them into this position in the first place. At least partly so. Second, what did Kim Jong really want and what was promised to that dirtbag in exchange for their freedom? Any diplomacy with North Korea, IMO, is not a good thing, considering their appalling treatment of their own citizens. One of the worst human rights nations. Do you think any of that's going to change?

No doubt the women are thankful but consider that the abduction would have probably never happened if not for the fact that Clinton and Jong are 'buddies'. Jong knew all the right strings to pull to get something from Clinton. This was a setup from the beginning.

At least the women are home now but the whole photo op arrival was ridiculous. Let the families have their privacy.

10. captain garbonzo

captain garbonzo New Member

There is always whining. Dems are by far the worst. I can put up with conservatives much more than liberals. Being in the middle, IMO, is where the rational people are. Yin and Yang, they realize, is the nature of things. Not just one point of view.

11. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That's what I'm wondering... Slick Willy just didn't talk his way in getting them freed. A lot of this is PR and grandstanding. A Hollywood producer who raised $100,000 for Clinton took the bill for this... and there's nothing in the press for how/why N.Korea let them go. Glad they are free, but libtards... careful patting yourselves on the back of hypocrisy.

Draft saved Draft deleted