Jr munoz (youtuber)

ViktorAleks

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Am I the only one that finds videos like these a little cringe-worthy and, to some degree, offensive towards people that ACTUALLY have to come out to family and friends? I'm not one to make a big deal out of this, since I couldn't care less about youtubers but the "clickbait" thing is getting a little out of hand, don;t you think? Other than knowing their names or ogling at them when I see them, I never actually watch their vlogs or vids unless there is a promise of a bulge or something lol, but it's annoying when they do that.

I don't know, it just irks me, I guess. I think the coming out process is something very serious, and a HUGE step in the lives of the people that have to go through that, something these youtubers using the coming out as a prank or clickbait will never have to go through... so I think they should be mindful of that. I'm in the closet myself, to my entire family and even my closest friends, so seeing how they toy with one of the most terrifying and important step I will have to take it kinda bothers me more times than not.

I'll ignore it and just continue, I guess. I know it shouldn't be taken this serious, since it is, after all, comedy... and fighting or complaining will just make me part of the internet trolls out there.... but I don't know, I can't be the only one thinking this, surely?

But I guess it's just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but still... they should stop using the coming out to get views and do a funny "plot twist". It's not funny. Just don't. Please.

tarheel6

Legendary Member
Media
Am I the only one that finds videos like these a little cringe-worthy and, to some degree, offensive towards people that ACTUALLY have to come out to family and friends? I'm not one to make a big deal out of this, since I couldn't care less about youtubers but the "clickbait" thing is getting a little out of hand, don;t you think? Other than knowing their names or ogling at them when I see them, I never actually watch their vlogs or vids unless there is a promise of a bulge or something lol, but it's annoying when they do that.

I don't know, it just irks me, I guess. I think the coming out process is something very serious, and a HUGE step in the lives of the people that have to go through that, something these youtubers using the coming out as a prank or clickbait will never have to go through... so I think they should be mindful of that. I'm in the closet myself, to my entire family and even my closest friends, so seeing how they toy with one of the most terrifying and important step I will have to take it kinda bothers me more times than not.

I'll ignore it and just continue, I guess. I know it shouldn't be taken this serious, since it is, after all, comedy... and fighting or complaining will just make me part of the internet trolls out there.... but I don't know, I can't be the only one thinking this, surely?

But I guess it's just my opinion, and I could be wrong, but still... they should stop using the coming out to get views and do a funny "plot twist". It's not funny. Just don't. Please.

You may not be the only one, but I hope you are one of a few. Coming out on video as he did is brave, and I applaud him for it.

ViktorAleks

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you, sykray :)

I wasn't saying that people who come out aren't brave, on the contrary. I was just pointing out that it's a trend to use "coming out" as clickbait or even comedic purposes. I understand that, on the flipside, straight people want to show that they can "come out" as straight, but in this case, I believe it's used for comedy and, to some extent, like mocking (maybe?), and that's what irks me.

If you look up videos about people REALLY coming out, you see that it's both beautiful and heartbreaking to watch. It's something very serious for many, and doing it among the wrong people can ruin their lives.

I do believe that many straight people will not understand the importance of this event (many do, which is great :) ), and even use it to fool around and make vids like these.... I just feel it shouldn't be, you know?

And after reading the comments on the video, no one seems the very least bothered by this, and I'm starting to feel like I'm overreacting, but that's just me. I know it's for comedy, but I find it a little distasteful. He's hot, kinda beautiful even (those eyes, though!), but things like these make me not want to watch his vids or follow him at all in any of his social media profiles...

quail

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Thank you, sykray :)

I wasn't saying that people who come out aren't brave, on the contrary. I was just pointing out that it's a trend to use "coming out" as clickbait or even comedic purposes. I understand that, on the flipside, straight people want to show that they can "come out" as straight, but in this case, I believe it's used for comedy and, to some extent, like mocking (maybe?), and that's what irks me.

If you look up videos about people REALLY coming out, you see that it's both beautiful and heartbreaking to watch. It's something very serious for many, and doing it among the wrong people can ruin their lives.

I do believe that many straight people will not understand the importance of this event (many do, which is great :) ), and even use it to fool around and make vids like these.... I just feel it shouldn't be, you know?

And after reading the comments on the video, no one seems the very least bothered by this, and I'm starting to feel like I'm overreacting, but that's just me. I know it's for comedy, but I find it a little distasteful. He's hot, kinda beautiful even (those eyes, though!), but things like these make me not want to watch his vids or follow him at all in any of his social media profiles...

i really dont post much on here but i dont think you are taking it too seirously. the same people who want attention the that gay men are getting for coming out are the ones who talked shit about us when that was cool cool thing to call slurs and make fun. coming out isnt a trend and shouldnt be treated as a trend either for views on youtube.

speaking personally, i had to change my whole life in order to be out and live my life as myself. i had to move out of my town because i was being bullied. i lost contact with some of my close relatives, i lost "friends". and my situation isnt as bad as many many many others.

thank you for saying something. its important to think twice