juan williams guest hosting on o'rielly/factor tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by faceking, Jul 29, 2010.

1. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    and kicking arse.

no shocker bill sticks to his principles and puts on talent regardless of stance.

...yeah... Fox is one-sided.... they take their dominant show (cuckolds... if you will... the bull of the network) and throw on a bleeding heart liberal... and it's a great show. can't find that on the major networks nor NPR.

congrats Juan.

FNC – 1,191,000 viewers
    CNN – 408,000 viewers
    MSNBC – 353,000 viewers
    CNBC – 178,000 viewers
    HLN – 305,000 viewers

boom. and the HLN audience is 80% comprised of males catching der Robin Meade. can't fault that.

2. SeeDickRun

SeeDickRun New Member

Juan Williams, although a liberal, is one who has some absolute standards that really are in line with the conservatives. Have you ever heard him go off on minorities not taking responsibility for themselves, especially in education and child rearing? He's got some pretty strong opinions. Although I'm conservative, I really like his comments about 80% of the time. He sometimes has the party talking points, but many many times he's got a logical train of thought on an issue, and has great comments, whether you like them or not.

3. faceking

Albums:
    vehemently agree... lately he's been towing the DNC line.... tonight he's nuetralish, good and proving his game ... a show or longer term fill in is rightly in his sights.

o'rielly can bitch slap juan, and vice versa....why i like both

4. D_Tully Tunnelrat

D_Tully Tunnelrat New Member

Juan's always been cool; O'Reilly, however is as shrill, and obnoxious in person, as his on air schtick. Fox maybe showing big numbers, but it only proves the bar can always be lowered. The Daily News used to be the most low brow paper in NYC before Rupert bought the Post and dumbed it down. If it plays in Manhattan, it'll play in Peoria.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

If the Queen likes him there must be something wrong.

6. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Oh look... another guy that spins rhetoric into solutions.
    Directing an empty message of self preservation to minorities without actually addressing the real issues as to why many still struggle. Yeah, we heard it all before from other so-called "tough talkers" who still don't know what the heck they're ranting about for decades. As if everyone in "the hood" started to say their prayers and eat their vitamins like devoted Hulkamaniacs tomorrow that it would all come out better for them when they get older. Bullshit. And on that "network" that is guilty of the most blatant form of journalistic dishonesty and fraud no doubt. Wow!

Also, haven't we debunked those so-called ratings already in other previous threads? So sorry if many people in the conservative circles still need to plan their days and nights to be around the boob tube to watch the news. Which ironically says a lot, considering that the OP couldn't even spell the last name of the hack of a pundit properly and he's had two times to do this properly. :rolleyes:

But don't call me a spelling Nazi. Just pointing out the absurdity.

Some people need to turn off the television and read a book once in a while.

7. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Juan Williams is a MODERATE!!!!!!!!!

He's no bleeding heart liberal and has been employed by the dark side since 1997.

He puts on his moderate hat when he's on NPR and then jazzes it up with some conservative droll when he's on the Imperial channel.

Whatev

8. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh stop it. Do you ever listen to NPR? My bf turns it on every morning. It's hardly a liberal radio station. Random news stories, yes- liberal? Absolutely not. A vehemently right wing network cant throw up ONE substitute anchor for one night and then claim they're balanced. Absolutely ludicrous of you to assert that. Viewership numbers have absolutely NOTHING to do with the legitimacy or non legitimacy of a news organization. There are A LOT of stupid people out there...:rolleyes:

9. ColoradoGuy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Faceking, it's spelled "neutral" and even suggesting "neutralish" is a word is a stretch. Also, twice you've misspelled "O'Reilly" -- once in your thread title and one in this post above. Try to pay more attention so that people won't automatically dismiss you as a incoherent right-winger. Let them read your posts and come to that conclusion.

10. justasimpleguy

justasimpleguy Active Member

Albums:
    trolllololol lololol lololol.

11. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    NPR is viewed as liberal because its traditional audience is viewed as Volvo wagon-driving coastal "elites"; in reality it's center-moderate. Anyone who finds NPR (or PBS, for that matter) news shows to be "bleeding heart" really isn't speaking from experience, just repeating cliché.

12. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    I find most of the topics on the morning NPR news a tad inane and pedantic- SO random. My bf loves it. I do like a few shows PBS does- like NOVA or Nature- and the local PBS affiliate (call letters being KPBS incidentally) has a good weekly half hour news program dealing solely with San Diego issues that I watch.

13. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Banal springs to mind as regards NPR, and you're right about the random quality of its reporting. When I lived in New England and had a car, I listened either to it or CDs. It's not broadcast very efficiently down here in SoFla, with one station in Miami and another in West Palm Beach, so being in the middle, we get a very weak signal in FtL. I will still visit their website occasionally, but I haven't been a steady listener in years. The only things I really miss are Ira Glass and Diane Rehm.

We have two PBS stations here. One plays old concert footage, mostly, and is interrupted constantly by fund raising. The other plays regular PBS content. Their news programming I was referring to is NewsHour. It's the most neutral presentation of the news in the US, though it's as bland as unbuttered wheat toast.

14. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    When I can catch BBC America, I watch that- but I can never seem to synch myself with its time slot.

15. faceking

Albums:
    I leave it to libertards to better follow Fox personalities than I. You ppl live and hang on every word of Fox.

16. faceking

Albums:
    NPR is beyond on the left... ridiculous to assume otherwise.

17. D_Tully Tunnelrat

D_Tully Tunnelrat New Member

I think Ira Glass's show on NPR is very interesting. It's some of the best radio in this country. As to NPR's left or right bias, and Bbucko's apt characterization of their listeners as Volvo driving coastal lefties, their programming has gotten very watered down in the last decade. I do miss Daniel Schorr, who passed away recently, he always took the tact of reporting the un-reported, having worked under the great Edward R. Morrow. NPR gave him a new career, at age 70, and he gave their fledgling network legitimacy. Unlike all the other voices on NPR, Schorr was the lovable curmudgeon.

18. houtx48

Gold Member

ridiculous to assume otherwise................. blah blah blah

19. lurker37160

lurker37160 Member

FOX News rules !

20. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Good lord, just because it doesnt toe (?) the GOP party line does not make it liberal. Good grief!

Draft saved Draft deleted