Judge offers noisy rap listener Beethoven as sentance

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From the article:

Champaign County Municipal Court Judge Susan Fornof-Lippencott says the idea was to force Vactor to listen to something...

"Now Earthlings ..." whirred the Vogon, "I present you with a simple choice! Either die in the vacuum of space, or ..." he paused for melodramatic effect, "tell me how good you thought my poem was!"

D

deleted105034

Good call on the Hitchhiker's guide quote Mindseye!

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
From the article:

"Now Earthlings ..." whirred the Vogon, "I present you with a simple choice! Either die in the vacuum of space, or ..." he paused for melodramatic effect, "tell me how good you thought my poem was!"

Fuckin' priceless! What happened to being punished for your crimes? What if he liked the music and didn't consider it torture at all? I think the judge should be reprimanded for wasting taxpayer dollars and insulting the defendent with this despicable joke of a ruling.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm personally a lot more concerned with the way that sentences like this can be misused: "I'm fining you one billion dollars, but I'll drop the fine if you watch this video on Intelligent Design/The Rapture/my 9-11 Conspiracy Theory/etc."

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm personally a lot more concerned with the way that sentences like this can be misused: "I'm fining you one billion dollars, but I'll drop the fine if you watch this video on Intelligent Design/The Rapture/my 9-11 Conspiracy Theory/etc."

Exactly, what other crimes will you be able to get away with by watching a 30-minute promotional video.

I hope the defendent wasn't a minority, this smacks of racism. Apparently it's torture for a rap fan to listen to classical music. I can't tell you how many crimes I'd commit if I knew all I'd have to do was listen to the Moonlight Sonata. That's the first song I ever learned how to play.