Judgement

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SyddyKitty, Sep 12, 2007.

1. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Judgement is inescapable. It is a part of human nature and an integral mechanism in choosing a mate, especially for the reproducers out there. We judge everything physically and/or mentally. Judgement is what our personal tastes in music, food, people, beauty, right & wrong, opinion, etc., are based upon. Some judge harsher than others. It is impossible to escape judgement. No matter how judgemental you THINK you aren't, it's always there. Saying that judging people is a negative is a judgement in itself. When referencing a specific event, especially if it's based on something verbal, it is a judgement on the person. An indirect judgement, but a judgement nonetheless.

In short, there can't be a human world without judgement.

Share your views on judgement.

2. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:
    Judgement is fine when it's just an assessment or viewpoint regarding something, i.e. looks, what one finds attractive, intelligent, important. I think when the negative connotations are associated with the term it is because some people make "judgements" based on prejudice, ignorance, hatred, or self-superiority.

3. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't think we can help judging people by our past experiences of what we found negative or positive. A person isn't necessarily bad just because they do something we view as negative, absolute objective negatives aren't really possible.

4. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Big agreement on the connotation, 36DD. Connotation puts such extreme power(good and bad) behind our words. Coincidentally, connotation can fall under judgement itself.

5. mattyacht

mattyacht New Member

When I see somebody new, the first thing through my head is:

ARE THEY HOT OR NOT?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice