Judgemental Much?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Countryguy63, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    So, in the "Politics Forum", I had posted a forward that I received from a total "right side" Aunt of mine. I have never cared for this person, but tolerated her fwds because once in a while, she would include some very funny stuff.

Anyway, coincidentally, the next day, I received a forward from her that finally caused me to ask to be removed from her fwd'ing list. It basically contained quotes and misinformation linking and comparing ALL homosexuals to NAMBLA.

Below is our exchange, "Some" has been condensed in an effort to save space. btw, she signs every email "God Bless, *her name*"

The first 2 was my request to be removed, and her responding back that "this is your Aunt ****.

my response..
    I know full well who this is.

I (and you) have family members who are homosexual. Whether you care or not, "NAMBLA" is a group of people who are just as despised by homosexuals as well as heterosexuals. Whether one believes in it or not, to group all homosexuals together with some perverts that prey on children is wrong, and to be spreading this hate is shameful.

If you would take the time to do some research, you will find that the majority of sexually, perverted crimes against minors (even separating out male minors) are committed by straight men.

Speaking of research, you might also want to look up (google, etc) "Michelle Obamas Staff and/or Salaries". You will find that the information supposedly reported in one of your recent forwarded chain letters is completely false in regards to the staff held by other 1st Ladies.

Even as a Life Long, ****, I laugh at the incompetent information that is strewn about, with the sole purpose of discrediting the intended targets.

Her response was basically that "I don't know if you know, but God says (implying that I don't know the Bible) homosexuals were all wrong, blah, blah, blah..:rolleyes:

To which I replied...
    Dear *insert her name*
    You still did not address why you feel the need to group all homosexuals with a disgusting group like NAMBLA

I am fully aware of the Bible's teachings. In fact I'm not sure if you know, but the 9th Commandment is "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor"

Jesus proclaimed that if we think something that is contrary to one of the Ten Commandments, we are to view it in the same light as if we had physically carried out the act. For instance, if we think to ourselves it is okay to slander or gossip about others, we are in essence breaking the ninth Commandment.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but Gossip is idle talk or rumours, or lies, especially about the personal or private affairs of others. It forms one of the oldest and most common means of sharing (unproven) facts and views, but also has a reputation for the introduction of errors and other variations into the information transmitted. This would include not only the most recent forwarded email, but many, many more.

The 10 Commandments were given directly by God to the people of Israel at Mount Sinai after He had delivered them from slavery in Egypt, so obviously very important to "sincerely(genuinely)", following his teaching. While you state that homosexuality is a sin, it is not mentioned in the 10 Commandments. However, "bearing false witness" is directly addressed by God himself, therefore signifying how strongly he feels about it.

I'm not sure if you know or not, but "judging others" is also addressed several times throughout the Bible.

In Matthew, Chapter 7, vs 1 through 5;
    “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."
    Romans, Chapter 2, vs 1 through 3;
    "Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things. We know that the judgment of God rightly falls on those who practice such things. Do you suppose, O man—you who judge those who practice such things and yet do them yourself—that you will escape the judgment of God?"
    James, Chapter 4, vs 11-12
    "Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"
    Romans, Chapter 14, vs 4
    "[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Who are you who judge another's servant? To his own lord he stands or falls. Yes, he will be made to stand, for God has power to make him stand."[/FONT]
    Romans Chapter 14, vs 10
    "[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of Christ."[/FONT]
    Romans Chapter 14, vs 13-14
    "[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Therefore let's not judge one another any more, but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block in his brother's way, or an occasion for falling. I know, and am persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean of itself; except that to him who considers anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean."

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]These are just a very few of the scriptures found throughout the Bible on this subject. [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I hope that this has not been taken as a condemnation, but rather as an encouragement to open the bible and actually study all of it in order to be able to be a genuine follower of God and Christ.[/FONT]

Sometimes we all have to be careful of the glass in our home while we are throwing stones.

One more of my favorite scriptures..
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Matthew Chapter 7, vs 15;[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]"“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."[/FONT]

God Bless,
    *insert my name*
    [/FONT]

I'm sure this will not sit well with her, and will be anxiously awaiting her response, lol :biggrin1:

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My hunch is you'll get the same satisfaction in a response by beating your head against the wall.

3. SweetLovesVick

SweetLovesVick New Member

I applaud you for you above answer to your Aunt. That NAMBLA email has been making the rounds for a year even Oprah did a whole show addressing NAMBLA. Any person can check a sexual predator list for their area and see many "straight married men and women" on these lists. I love your whole post and I would love to share it with some gay friends of mine who would appreciate it immensely. They have the same "type" of relatives like your Aunt. Don't we all have that one "special holy roller" who does no wrong?
    I myself love :Matthew Chapter 7, vs 15;
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]"“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves."[/FONT]

4. DV8

DV8
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Giving family members the moral "middle finger" can be uplifting, especially when they're dead wrong. This is exactly why so many people turn away from the church. Instead of Christians encouraging and spreading God's love, they crucify you with it. Too bad I'm not as forgiving as Jesus.

5. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I predict she won't stop sending such drivel because your soul must be saved and she is the one to save it.

6. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awww, I'm sorry! I didn't know what the NAMBLA was until I just looked it up, thank you for teaching me something new today.

I had a someone I considered a good friend tell me that I was going to hell for going to a party at a same sex bar here. My reply was "I'll see you there."

Your Aunt sounds like my Mom, who uses the "N" word every chance she gets. It's hard to cut these people out of your life when they are supposed to be your family and love you. If I were in your situation I would do the same thing. Turning the Bible around on people that preach it is always the way to go. It's the same approach I take to fascist/ Christian views.

7. MrE

MrE
    Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i couldnt agree more!

...CG ur gonna have to let us know the reply wen she sends it :biggrin1:

8. witch

witch Member

i'm sure she is heating up other family e-mail boxes as we speak .... be ready for round two of family feud

bravo for standing your ground

9. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's hard to type and give a standing ovation at the same time but I'll try it. I love it when alleged Christians get pwned by their own book but, along with Industrialsize, I get the sad feeling she won't listen. You can't reason with unreasonable minds, especially when they believe they have God on their side.

10. Belly_Dancer

Belly_Dancer Member

I also applaud you for your efforts.

However, I also agree that most likely they won't change her mind.

I grew up in a Southern Baptist household (and extended family) and in some Christian denominations, self-righteous judgment of homosexuality is so pervasive and applauded that other points of view would never be considered, even if they are backed up biblically.

Good luck anyway, though -- maybe I'm wrong and she'll be more openminded than most.

11. Dave NoCal

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seems to me you are putting much more emotional energy into this person, who is not your parent, than is reasonable.
    Many years ago I expalined to my parents (really my father) that I was only prepared for one type of relationship with them, a pleasant one. They shaped up. Your aunt probably will not. If not, I say lose her.
    Dave

12. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Yay you! Fight fire with fire!

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    I applaud your determined and measured response, CG.

Too often, these people plod through their lives believing that everyone shares their beliefs and they lose the sense of any need to examine them critically.

Though I tend to agree with others here that believe you're beating your head against that proverbial brick wall, I'm of the opinion that some values are worth making the effort regardless of the result. Attempting to stanch the propagation of hateful bigotry is definitely one of those cases.

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

My only concern is how much time you spent to answer a question whose answer she already thinks she has. Label her as junk mail and move on.

15. Viking_UK

Gold Member

There's a bit more to it than that. For many of these people "their" views aren't acually their own, but the spoutings of some windbag in a pulpit. They haven't bothered to question the validity or truth of said windbag's utterances and believe what they say because he/she is a man/woman of the cloth and God's mouthpiece on Earth. In fact many of them haven't actually read the Bible they claim to base their views on. They can quote the relevant verses, but when you ask about the surrounding verses or the context, they haven't a clue.

Two of my favourite Bible quotes are: "Judge not lest ye be judged" and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

And then there's, to paraphrase Matthew: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

In most cases, you are banging your head against a brick wall when you confront them and challenge their beliefs, but every now and then, one of them sees the light. That's often followed by a visit from the aforementioned windbag to try and enlighten you!

16. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

17. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Thank you all for the support and smiles. I know that it basically is a waste of time, and therefore I just wait for my scheduled time in my padded room :wink: before banging my head, lol.

Sweetlove, you are more than welcome to use any of my postings that may be of help to your friends :smile:

TatooedMamaMeg, it's funny that you brought up Dr. Laura considering her latest blunder.

Behind causing any hurt to my family, the one thing that will send me into an uncontrollable rage is blatant racism. Some of you have seen that in chat with me. I have, and have had throughout my life, too many awesome and great friends (some even here) that are much higher quality of people than the garbage that resort to racism.

Well as expected, she responded with denials, dodges, and twisted truths. While researching for my response to her, I uncovered one of her links referred to the President as a "Nigger". I lost it. I wish I hadn't because I forgot half of what I was going to present, and to be honest, I was having fun pushing her off of the "truth" cliff and watching her drag her sorry ass back up.

Looking back, I wish I could have kept my cool, but oh well, what's done is done. I once asked a dear friend how he stayed so calm, even when it was directed at him. He replied that he had heard it so much, that he was used to it. I'll never get used to it :mad:

Below is our exchanges.....

18. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    To: *me*
    Sent: Mon, August 16, 2010 7:38:07 PM
    Subject: Re: Sexual diaviates- perverts
    First off I didn't group all of anyone into any particular group. Just as all Muslims are not terrorists all homosexuals are not members of NAMBLA. Therefore I did not bear false witness. Yet, I will not back down from stating that all homosexuality is sin and all those that participate in this sin will be damned to hell as God will not tolerate this sin nor any sin in heaven. This is not my judgment but the judgment of scripture. I did not send gossip only items that were proven to be true. While I agree that gossip is a sin the 10 commandments were given to the Israelites by Moses through God, not specifically stated in the New Law although the intent is still there plus more. Therefore there is more to God's law "New Testament" than just the 10 commandments. I don't have to judge others as their own actions speak for themselves, but yes we are to do a righteous judgment through/by scripture. What do you think the destruction of Sodom & Gomorrah was about if not for the homosexuality infestation/sin. Sexual immorality is not only about homosexuality but any one that is having sexual relations outside the marriage bed is committing sexual immorality/sin. This is not my judgment but by the Lord God Almighty.

Just a few scriptures you can judge with a righteous judgment about sexual immorality and other sins.

(text removed to save space. All are available to look up)

1 Corinthians 6: 9-10, 13, 18-19
    Romans 1:22- 28, 32
    Galatians 5:17,19-21
    Leviticus Chapter 18 - gives a full descriptions of unlawful; sexual relations.
    Leviticus 18:22
    Leviticus 20:13
    Psalms 139:23-24
    1 John 1:9
    Yes, the scriptures gives us many verses/scriptures for righteous judgment. Should I be participating in the things that I judge, then I too am in judgment and condemnation.

No offense taken for any of your comments. I took it in love and concern as you meant it to be. I am not throwing stones only sending up prayers for those that are lost in this sinful nature. You have no idea how this disturbs me and I hurt over this. Yes, I have dear loved ones that are practicing ungodly damnable sexual impurity.

God Bless,
    Aunt *insert her name*

19. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Tue, August 17, 2010 11:55:44 AM</SPAN>
    Re: Sexual diaviates- perverts</SPAN>
    *me*

To:
    *her*

Your very first paragraph starts with " PERVERTS ARE GOING AFTER OUR CHILDREN AMERICA

Gaining access to children has been a long-term goal of the homosexual movement."

You then go on to refer to NAMBLA 7 times, and "children, pedophiles, and kiddies" over 20 times. I'm not dumb enough not to know what your intent was.

You say "I did not send gossip only items that were proven to be true."? What about this one that you recently sent, that I already pointed out to you?... (and this is just one of many)
    (link to a copy of the fwd referenced that I posted here)
    http://www.lpsg.org/197600-fwd-emails.html#post2929325
    Just in case you didn't know how to, the last time I suggested it, I took the liberty of providing a link to the truth..
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/firstlady.asp Still say that you don’t send gossip, only items proven to be true?

And last, but definitely not least, I did not realize that the 1st title in the offending email "PERVERTS ARE GOING AFTER OUR CHILDREN AMERICA" was also a link http://clifylq.livejournal.com/108096.html in which include the words "CHANGE TO A NIGGER PRESIDENT"

I am not only disgusted and appalled, I am ASHAMED that a member of my family could be so vile. I feel so sorry for your own grandchildren (of Black American descent), and hope that they are never exposed to this kind of sickening hatred and racism. I have to wonder if your daughter is aware of this revolting behavior? Where does God or the Bible teach, or even remotely condone this?

I'm sure you will continue to hide behind your Bible in your sheeps clothing, under your self constructed shield of sanctity. However, the truth and hypocrisy are clearly evident.

Please do not take any of the above as questions in need of a response. Any further correspondence from you will be deleted without viewing. I understand that I am not the first or only family member to request to be removed from your fwding list.

God Forgive You

20. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Brilliant! :clap:

your aunt>:buttkick:<you

Draft saved Draft deleted