June Christy,,,Does It Get ANy Better?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by HellsKitchenmanNYC, Oct 5, 2008.

1. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    well there was no forum to post this in so I'm doing it here. I think she's one of the fnest jazz/pop singers we've had!

Man an I hot for this singer! SHe has always been a favorite. I love to find info about here and it's scarse but I love this early vid: YouTube - June Christy 1950
    I love tracking her career and how the voice became deeper and more nuanced. To me she's a def GIANT in the field of female vocalists. Of course Something Cool will be her crowning gklory YouTube - June Christy - Something Cool
    She;s Amazing on that song and I can't think of anyone who's covered it that has done it justice besides Riickie Lee Jones, Here she is w/ Nat YouTube - Nat King Cole, June Christy, Mel Torme - How High The Moon She's just a pleasure an I think she rocks!

2. Meniscus

Gold Member

I wasn't initially going to bother to watch the YouTube clips, but something made me change my mind and I'm glad I did. What a lovely way to start a Sunday morning. I didn't recognize the June Christy's name, but I recognized her voice as soon as I heard it. Yes, she's one of the greats.

3. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ahh I was just having a chat w/Jason Els and I sent him this clip http://http://www.imeem.com/jukeboxmusic17/music/YBEOIK6B/june_christy_lonely_house_stereo/

This I think is one of my fave songs along w/Something Cool....a Genius song. YouTube - June Christy - Something Cool

Just thot I'd share them w/you. There's nothing musically satisfying sometimes as a good 'story song'. And a singer that can use her voice to actually make you envision every word and see it in you eye as a movie almost. True singers w/a voice. There aren't as many around today that don't use machines. June Christy is a genius singer. I just can't even tell you how much I love singers like this. Ballady, Poppy, swing, Big Band....great voices and lives lived during that era. We have alot of good singers now but none compare to the greats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWZl88zv4wA&NR=1

4. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know why most of today's music doesn't appeal to me (yes I do). I like some Mary J etc...but nothings better than the real folks of the war era and the 50's. Sorry. Just my opinion. OK except all the rockabilly folks!

5. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  7. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  8. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
  9. HellsKitchenmanNYC

Gold Member

Albums:
    #9 HellsKitchenmanNYC, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  10. naughty

Gold Member

I love her voice! My peronal favorite of hers is "The merriest" A beat Christmas song...

#10 naughty, Oct 11, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice