Junior

gigantikok: I know this might be thinking too far ahead for alot of people, but...

If you plan on ever having children, what kinds of names would you consider? What are some of your favorites names for boys and girls in general?

I'm pretty partial to the name "Roger". I know it's kinda common, maybe bland, but I really like it. I really like how it would sound attached to my last name. I also like the name "Malcolm" but I dont think I'd name a child that. As for girls names, I am not sure what I like.

AnonyMs: I have alwaya liked the name Myrtle for a girl or Beulah or perhaps Bertha.

longtimelurker: This just really reminds me of a comment my little sister made when she was 5 (she's now 15). If she had a girl she would be called 'Crystal', if a boy 'He-man'!!! :D

All the names that I like that go with my last name have already been taken by my relatives, and then it all gets incestuous and confusing :-/.

For a girl, I suppose Victoria sounds quite good, for a boy then Daniel.

sammygirly: I always say that if I have twins I will name them "Fructose and Glucose"....there are a lot of ingredients on Canadian products :D

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
All these years after my children were named for biblical characters I've become partial to Brock, Corey or Bryce for a boy and Elizabeth, Amanda or Faith for a girl. Not very original but kids don't want to be known as 'different.'

It's bad enough some of our boys are going to be 'hung' and some of our girls are going to be 'buxom,' without our hanging a moniker on them that will make it worse.

Harvey Hyman Hemoglobin

(Please, God! Not another learning experience!)

Tender: well i picked the girls names.
and SB picked our boy's name.
that settled that.

Tender: (Please, God! Not another learning experience!)

Pecker,
by now, God should know im a genious, and leave me alone... :D

awellhungboi: My favorite girl's name is Lulu. That's what I would name my child if I was ever lucky enough to have a daughter, (and if I ever meet the right woman, of course. )

Haven't really thought much about boy's name. I like the nickname 'Stretch' for a boy, but I doubt that I'd use it as his proper name.

oldman9x7: My wife's mother's name was ANNA and my mother's middle name was LAURA so when our first child was a girl we took care of the grandmas and named her (what else) ANNIE LAURIE. See how easy these things are????????????
Gramps

H8Monga: Well... IF I ever have any children (has to be in wedlock), I hope I get the blessing of my wife to do what my grandmother did. I don't know if my grandparents planned it to go BDH, CDH, BDH, and CDH. I'm the son of the second CDH and those are my initials. I want to carry that on. I have to have a junior if we have any boys. If not an alternating CDH with something else DH, I'd like to keep the middle initial constant. CDH, KDH, BDH, JDH... etc. I love names with the hard-sounding C or a K and double letters.

Clarence, Kevin (Keven), Calvin, Kavika, Caleb, Corey (Correy), Derek (Dereck, Derrick), Darrin (Darren), Jarred (Jared), Brenden, Branden (Brandon) to name a few I can think of.

Candice (Candace), Casey, Carissa, Deanna, Kaitlin, Kendra, Kristen, (a curve ball from a dream I had when I was 13 when I was the father of a baby girl: Faith Erin), Denise, Kali... I'll have to think of more... I used to have a list (oddly in middle school).

prepky: actually my wife and I are going to trying real soon to start our family, so this is a cool thread.....we can not for the love of god agree on boys names, however for girls we like, abby and chole...so lets keep the boy names coming, me personally, I like blake, jackson and ethan

prep

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Just one word of advice from a guy who knows ;). Never give your son or daughter a name they are going to have to keep spelling out for everybody.

petite_girl: Off the top of my head... At this moment, I like malice for a girl's name and cale for a boy's name..

Dantesco: [quote author=prepky link=board=99;num=1065347922;start=0#11 date=10/05/03 at 13:01:20] however for girls we like, abby and chole[/quote]

I assume you meant "Chloe". Lets hope she spells it better than Daddy does!

prepky: damn one little type-o...you people are really unforgiving.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Iwas thinking for the boy's name to be both my grandfather's names but I can't decide on which to use first. The girl's, on the other hand probably would be something easy,named for my mother, or grandmother.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=prepky link=board=99;num=1065347922;start=0#15 date=10/05/03 at 15:49:52]damn one little type-o...you people are really unforgiving.[/quote]
How do you know what her blood type will be? And what's wrong with being O, anyway? I'm not from Japan, so I don't know this whole thing.

Jon (Only flames typos when they're funny)

awellhungboi: Back on topic: Good luck to you and your wife with starting a family, Prepky! I like the name Chloe a lot--that would be on my short list of girl's names.

I can't think of any boy's names I like that much. I'm just drawing a complete blank. I generally like names that are non-traditional, but not too far off-the-wall. I liked the ones you listed.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I looked back on my mother's side of the family for some old names. These come from the family line in the 1800's:

Female

Ruzillah
Alice
Prudence
Jessicalyn
Verta

Male

Sharps
Burrows
Wilbur
Harrison
Jackson

From my father's side:

Female

Viola
Drucilla
Lula
Sydeney
Lizabeth
Eidell (pronounced eedell)

Male

Burtis
Jessie
Chamberlain
Emmitt
Ruben
Ferby
Malvern

No wonder they were so formal in those days. :D

Wilburt "Pecker" Wigglewomp

(I'd love to help you out. Which way did you come in?)