Just 7 months old, and erects!!

lmskhan

Just Browsing
Media
I have a kid, and he is just 7 months old. But what really wonders me is, his penis erects!!! It jerks as well!!! My question is: Is this a normal behavior for a kid of just 7 months? Is it gonna affect the kid in any way in the future as he grows up? Please advice...

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Totally normal — it happens to all! Your boy is normal and healthy.

But we don't discuss children's sexuality here generally, because unfortunately it can be taken in the wrong way, by the wrong people.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Doctors and scientists are still arguing over what exactly causes spontaneous erections in the male. They (erections) actually begin to occur in utero.

Be happy that it's a sure sign that the plumbing works.

LazyKing

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yea its normal, like everyone else has said. Baby boys also get erect when they are about to pee, so watch out, so that you dont loose an eye.

wrench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
having changed millions of diapers on my 2 sons, i can confirm that they often get erect just before they pee on you.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
rawbone8 said:
But we don't discuss children's sexuality here generally, because unfortunately it can be taken in the wrong way, by the wrong people.
i can't see how a 7 month old kid's genitals got much to do with sexuality, chief.

to answer the original poster's question, it's for the same reason we unconsciously exercise our muscles as kids - it's just a growing body ensuring that everything is working and developing properly.

PinkSteel

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wasn't it Masters and Johnston that stimulated some infant boy into 30 some odd orgasms?
When reading that, I thought they should have been thrown into jail.

My personal experience is that I had erections as far back as I remember and often. Although i also remember nightly talks with friends on sleep overs and such that gave me the impression that some of them didn't get erections, one was half hard and asked me if that was as hard as it would get.
I was always puzzled by that and at the time was wondering who was abnormal, me or them.

the-flash

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's not un common for boys to get erections at any age, as far back as I can remember I would get spontanoeus erections and such.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
wrench said:
having changed millions of diapers on my 2 sons, i can confirm that they often get erect just before they pee on you.

LOL, yes , this is exactly true!

Tenderhook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Having an erection does not equal sexual arousal.

You should do yourself and your kid a favor and do some reading. Asking a forum is fine, but there's no guarantee all info will be accurate.

You're responsible for your child's well being and the things you don't know can hurt him. Be a responsible parent.

B_4inches

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it really creepy you came to a site mostly dedicated to sex and the people it brings to ask a question like that. This is not a qualified enviroment and there are no qualified people here to discuss that and other things with you. You want a pediatrician my friend. You know, a doctor.

solong

Just Browsing
Media
wrench said:

Absolutely right, Wrench. And I've been amused that nobody here has yet mentioned the fact that when an adult or even pre-teen gets an erection, he can't pee. The tract gets pinched off.

So, doesn't it stand to reason then that an infant's "hard-on" might be totally different? It isn't really ready to have sex, and the mechanism involved, while similar, is clearly different, in that the infant's erect penis will nail you in the eye with pee. It's what it does, just before he pees. You gotta admit, that's different.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
4inches said:
I find it really creepy you came to a site mostly dedicated to sex and the people it brings to ask a question like that. This is not a qualified enviroment and there are no qualified people here to discuss that and other things with you. You want a pediatrician my friend. You know, a doctor.
Yo estoy de acuerdo, un poco. Pero en LPSG, hay unos quienes son muy inteligentes, y tambien unos quienes tienen el Ph. D. o el M. D.

capt. nemo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Tenderhook said:
Having an erection does not equal sexual arousal.

Are you saying that a 7 month old baby DOESN"T experience sexual arousal, as in ever? Now THAT would be abnormal.... (I don't know why people find this post creepy. It seems creepier to be creeped out than just to be frank... )

A long time ago, nurse maids used to rub a baby boy's penis to soothe him when he was upset or crying. This didn't scandalize anyone until the myth of total childhood innocence became widespread. At which point, Freud reminded us all that, yes, Virginia, there IS infantile sexuality. I'm not saying I buy all of Freud's complicated theory about "polymorphously perverse" sexuality with its stages of development towards a normal sexual object choice....but it's silly to deny that children are capable of pleasurable feelings down there...

I first read about rubbing the penis to soothe a child in Leo Steinberg's great The Sexuality of Christ in Renaissance Art. It's really amazing -- there are hundreds of renaissance paintings that are kept in storage at museums around the world because they offend modern viewers: paintings of Jesus, at all ages, with an erection. (Steinberg argues that the erection had symbolic significance.) Can't find a link now to a reproduction, but one of the paintings, I think, shows Mary rubbing the baby Jesus....

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
lmskhan said:
I have a kid, and he is just 7 months old. But what really wonders me is, his penis erects!!! It jerks as well!!! My question is: Is this a normal behavior for a kid of just 7 months? Is it gonna affect the kid in any way in the future as he grows up? Please advice...

Here is the REAL STORY:

Erections are controlled by the AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM, specifically the PARASYMPATHETIC NERVOUS SYSTEM, which is why they are involuntary.

The parasympathetic nervous system is the system the puts your body in a relaxed mode. It is the system that acts opposite to sympathetic nervous system, which is known on the street as the flight or fight response that occurs when a person gets an "adreneline rush". The types of effects caused by the parasympathetic nervous system include:

- Constricts eye pupils
- Stimulates salivation
- Constricts airways
- Slows heart beat
- Stimulates glucose production and release
- Stimulates digestion
- Stimulates the gallbladder to release bile
- Dilates blood vessels in intestines
- Dilates blood vessles in skin
- Contracts the bladder
- STIMULATES PENILE ERECTIONS AND CLITORAL ENGORGEMENT

Your child's erections ARE NOT SEXUAL. What they do mean is that YOUR CHILD IS VERY RELAXED IN YOUR PRESENCE AND FEELS THAT HIS NEEDS ARE BEING ATTENDED TO. THE IS VERY GOOD. Hopefully, it means that your child will develop a SECURE ATTACHMENT style (ie As a baby, in strange situations, when you are not present, he cries but then is sooth, comforted, and stops crying when you return). The secure attachment style is very important in development because an insecure attachment style (anxious/ambivalent, avoidant, disorganized) are highly correlated with mental disorders, such as anxiety disorders and conduct disorders (behavior pattern that almost all criminal exhibit).

The good news is that it sounds like your baby is doing wells :biggrin1: :smile:

However, I would suggest you:

- BUY A BOOK ON INFANT DEVELOPMENT AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
- MAKE A LIST OF ALL THOSE NON-URGENT QUESTIONS AS YOU THINK OF THEM SO THAT YOU CAN PRESENT THEM TO YOUR PEDIATRICIAN DURING WELL BABY CHECKS
- IF YOUR CHILD IS NOT GETTING WELL BABY CHECKS, GO TO THE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT AND FIND OUT HOW TO GET PEDIATRIC SERVICES
- MAKE SURE ALL HIS IMMUNIZATIONS ARE CURRENT
- FEED HIM NUTRITIOUS AGE APPROPRIATE FOOD - - - AVOID FAST FOOD AND FOODS WITH PRESERVATIVES AS BEST YOU CAN
- TALK TO YOU BABY IN WHOLE CLEAR WORDS SO THAT HIS LANGUAGE CENTERS ARE STIMULATED
- GIVE HIM PLENTY OF PLAY TIME SO HE DEVELOPS HEALTHY MUSCLE COORDINATION AND USE OF HIS SENSES
- BE CONSISTENT IN YOUR PARENTING STYLE. AN AUTHORITATIVE PARENTING STYLE, WHICH IS CHARACTERIZED BY BEING LOVING AND SUPPORTIVE WHILE ALSO PROVIDING CLEAR RULES WITH REASONABLE REWARDS AND PUNISHMENTS IS ONE OF THE BEST FOR FOSTERING ACHIEVMENT.

Finally, be careful of the parenting advice requests you bring to the LARGE PENIS SUPPORT GROUP. I have found that many of the members are very informed and enlightened people that do encourge parents to foster healthy attitudes in their children. However, this forum is also an ADULT WEBSITE, which means that it is not well equipt to supply advice for prepubescents.

I say this all because I truly do care,

Visceraltuning