Just a tad bit depressed.

avdude19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How do you get rid of that lonely feeling you have at night knowing that your in bed and there's no one next to you and there isn't going to be for a while? Ever since a break up a while ago i haven't been able to get any sleep at all. I'm afraid I've become insomniac because of it. I've gotten over the guy that broke up with me, but I still can't help but to think how lonely i am. I'm very distant from my family, and I'm not out to my friends so I've got no one to talk to. I feel I need attention but I have no one that can give it to me. I'm stupid becuz the reason I'm not out is because I feel I'll lose the credibility I have if I come out, even though no one thinks highly of me anyways. It's kinda hard for me to deal with this kind of emotional stuff, mostly because I grew up with the mindset that I'm just being a winer if i talk about my feelings. I no I'm pretty pathetic asking for this kinda advise, but really I'm not lost in life, just wondering why my whole life went upsidedown. So far i've tried sleeping aids but they don't really help I'm still up countless hours a night just looking at the cielling pondering my life. Should I just go stronger and get some kind of narcotic to to just impare my feelings and my emotions. I feel this is kinda what it comes down to. Often when I fall asleep it's usually cuz I cry myself to sleep. It's pretty stupid to me. Why is it my whole world is just eroding into rubble?

rvd9009

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You don't sound Pathetic you sound human.It just takes time and willpower to get over something like that.I know it happened to me over a year and a half ago.I lost everything I held dear to me.In a span of 6 months I lost my job and the love of my life.For months I couldn't sleep I was a complete wreck.I took the better part of a year to get straightened out.I still feel the emptiness but I have learned to cope.I stay on the computer alot and watch a ton of t.v.I am also lucky enough to have a friend who helped me deal with everything.It will take time but you will find your way out of this just don't give up.Best of luck to you my friend.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
How do you get rid of that lonely feeling you have at night knowing that your in bed and there's no one next to you and there isn't going to be for a while? Ever since a break up a while ago i haven't been able to get any sleep at all. I'm afraid I've become insomniac because of it. I've gotten over the guy that broke up with me, but I still can't help but to think how lonely i am. I'm very distant from my family, and I'm not out to my friends so I've got no one to talk to. I feel I need attention but I have no one that can give it to me. I'm stupid becuz the reason I'm not out is because I feel I'll lose the credibility I have if I come out, even though no one thinks highly of me anyways. It's kinda hard for me to deal with this kind of emotional stuff, mostly because I grew up with the mindset that I'm just being a winer if i talk about my feelings. I no I'm pretty pathetic asking for this kinda advise, but really I'm not lost in life, just wondering why my whole life went upsidedown. So far i've tried sleeping aids but they don't really help I'm still up countless hours a night just looking at the cielling pondering my life. Should I just go stronger and get some kind of narcotic to to just impare my feelings and my emotions. I feel this is kinda what it comes down to. Often when I fall asleep it's usually cuz I cry myself to sleep. It's pretty stupid to me. Why is it my whole world is just eroding into rubble?

The first thing is that you are being awfully hard on yourself for the situation you are in. Depression after a loss is a normal part of life. The loss may be because of a "break-up" or it may be from the death of a loved one, but a loss is a loss.

I have some experience with your feelings because I am dealing right now with a similar situation with an adopted child. This child was taught that seeking help for anything is a sign of weakness. Showing emotion to express grief at loss is a sign of weakness. Because he cannot express sorrow or unhappiness he also loses the ability to express happiness as well. Lose one and you tend to lose the other as well, that is the nature of depression.

I have in my own lifetime suffered from depression. The MD's approach was to hand me anti-depressants. After trying three different medications without success what I learned was that anti-depressants did nothing to actually "cure" the depression. For me the only thing they did was to make me "not care" that I was depressed. This came at a very tough time in my life back in 2001. I went to an MD who was a real friend and he went a totally different route. Instead of handing me anti-depressants he put me on testosterone injections. Three days and there was zero depression. I had been put through a great deal of stress and it was to the point that my body had suffered some damage from it. I was also placed on low dosage HGH for a period of about 90 days to help me recover. For those asking it was Serostim and the duration was relatively short. The combination changed my life in a positive way. My testosterone levels were on the bottom end of normal then and at that time I was 48 years old. I am not on HRT and it has in reality been a life saver. What was discovered in me and one of the reasons I went back on it was a complete sex hormone workup for lack of a better term. I was low on testosterone, but not wildly low. I was very low on DHT which I was not converting from the testosterone and I had elevated levels of both estrogen and prolactin. I do need to get on the prolactin antagonist, but that sucker is $47 per pill and even though my dosage would be extremely low, I just can't swing the money right now. I know however that I can deal with the residual depression because it is no longer at all on a major level.

The main thing you need is to get some professional help. This is not easy and admitting a problem is one of the best things you can do to move towards a solution.

tncentaur

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Great advice from FuzzyKen--you should move on it quickly. Don't know if you exercise, but just walking at a good pace can get you going: move your body, you will feel better. If you used to exercise, put in a good routine--take a cardio class at a gym: movement, music, other people feeling good is a good way to take a good turn. Get physically tired, and sleep may be easier. But move on the advice from FuzzyKen

Getting9

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Take the advice of FuzzyKen and tncentaur. I lost the love of my life after 7 years of being together due to cancer and there was no way I wanted to live without him. I was put on anti depressants and for 6 weeks I walked round like a zombie. Then a friend of mine spoke very firmly to me. No matter what I do he won't be coming back and after death life moves on. Once I accepted that fact things started to look rosy again. I still think of him daily but it's easier now and do as tncentaur has suggested exercise as the early hours of the morning is when all negative thoughts creep into ones mind. So go to bed tired and go later than normal and above all say positive things to yourself about yourself. Crying helps relieve tension but does not solve problems. So pick yourself up and dust yourself off and start thinking positive. You CAN do it.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Time, time and more time will help. But use this time to sort out some shit in your life. Come out to your friends. If they are truly friends, they will accept it. Join a gym. As its been said excercise helps.

If you cant tell anyone how you feel, write it down. It will be therapuetic. Even if its pretty nasty stuff. Look at my blog. Its full of angry shit from when my ex left me.

I was the same. I could never sleep. I was up till around 5 am, up at 7 for uni. Its not healthy. Soem counselling helped me. I know it isnt available to everyone, but if you can get it, it really helps.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A large component of 'loneliness' is biological. Getting more physical stimulation of all kinds---work, crafts, massage, exercise, wrapping yourself tightly in a big blanket-- helps with the body's withdrawal symptoms.

Antidepressants can help if it gets severe. Bending someone's ear, even over the internets, is an important release too.

You can and will feel better. Emotions are temporary states. Smile into the mirror deliberately until it becomes easier to do.

avdude19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for the support all! Out of curiosity, is there anyone that would be willing to im me about a few other issues... If so please pm me. I would totally appreciate the support...