Just broke up with my girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by uboat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. uboat

uboat New Member

I just ended a 2 year relationship with my girlfriend. I don't really know what to say. Just want to talk to someone.... im so sad. I didn't really get along with her but its just hard to let someone go.

2. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's bound to be difficult after 2 years. You said you didn't really get along with her so it was probably wise not to prolong the agony. Don't rush into a relationship just get on with enjoying your life and getting involved with different things.

3. uboat

uboat New Member

Yeah... I was loosing attraction to her and her needy personality was overbearing on me. I kinda want to be single right now but its hard b/c ive been seeing this other girl that i kinda like. But right now, im just in sooo much pain. i feel sick. She felt sick also.

4. ubered

ubered New Member

Think positive and be strong. If you weren't getting on, then it wasn't right. So you put your good foot down without looking back.

Your new life awaits! Best of luck mate! :smile:

5. uboat

uboat New Member

Thank you so much guys!

6. uniquename

uniquename New Member

mate it's always hard (no pun intended guys) when ending a relationship, i was divorced from my wife who i'd been with for over 5 years (we'd only been married for 1) which was a killer no two ways about it, i then got with a lovely girl who had two kids from her previous marriage, she called it off after a year and it felt even worse, imagine losing 3 people from your life who you love dearly.

you just have to and please excuse the cold heartedness of this but "man up" you need to be with/by your friends, family and more essentially just yourself for an extended period before it gets better, which believe me it will

Chin up fella

Scott

7. Mrmaxwell

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Use this time for self improvement. It's best to forget her and move on. Don't bring her up anymore. It will make it worse.

8. uboat

uboat New Member

thank you all so much guys!!! your wishes really mean alot to me since i have no one to really talk about this with right now. Its so hard... but unique is right. I really need to man up right now.

I would like to make a clean break from this girl, but she has been txting me today. i told her over the text that i think we should make a clean break. She txted me back saying she didnt want to do it over txt messages. Currently waiting for her to call so we can get it over with! :(

Its going to be hard getting her outa my head. She is allll over my facebook/myspace. I have all kinds of pics and memories of her around my home. and worst, ill know ill find strands of her long red hair around my house...
    I think her hair poppin up randomly around my house will be a painful reminder stabbing in my heart of a great person that has left my life.

I hope i can make it through this....

9. Epicfailguy

Epicfailguy Member

Netherlands,dutchmansland,holland (and all other v
    oh hey,welcome to the pain boat(pain as in pain,not bread : <)

same here dude
    it hurts for a while
    then you pick up the peices of your heart, glue it back together and go looking for one of two things
    physical healing or a new girl

give it time
    it heals all wounds

you'll get there :redface:

10. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    This too shall pass. And yes, the longer you are with someone, the more 'hairs poppin' up all over the place' are going to need vacuum cleaning!

This is my first year doing single persons taxes. Talk about hairs popping up!
    But now is a time to indulge yourself on your own, not run right away to another relationship. Reclaim your own life for you before you step out again. That way you will not attract someone who is a rerun of where your head is now.

11. uboat

uboat New Member

Thank you guys for all the advice and help!!! I really need to focus on getting my life back together. The main thing i want to focus on is my finical situation. Im currently unemployed but looking for a job. I have a college degree in MIS so im trying hard to land a job that pays at least 40k/yr right now. I think that will be a big step up considering my last job paid 12/hr. Im also going to focus on getting my 6 pack abs back and getting into better shape. I have let my self go these last few months and i feel ashamed to be naked.

12. invisibleman

Gold Member

Yeah, I know how that is. You get used to someone that long and then it is no more. You aren't alone.

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

If you want to make a clean break of her...stop being friends with her friends. Stop contacting her period--text/email/snailmail/p2p. Don't go to any of the places you used to go with her.

Start house cleaning. Get a big box. Put all the stuff:gifts/ pictures/ CDs/ etcetera that reminds you of her in that box. And duct tape that box shut. Put it up in storage. Don't open it until a year later. Go through it after a year. Get rid of the stuff that you really aren't gonna miss.

You will have to grieve that loss though. There are stages. If you go through them all...you will make room for the next hopefully even better girlfriend in your life. You never really know.

14. D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer

D_Geaffartson_Glandhammer Account Disabled

Sorry to hear that man. But you gotta move on. Grieve for a brief moment, remember the good times, and then go find someone else. A friend told me a quote that went something along the lines of:

"You can either pick up the pieces and try to put them back together and figure out what went wrong, or you can say f*ck that and leave the pieces on the floor and move on."

15. uboat

uboat New Member

well, i just had the last phone call with my x a few hours ago. Don't really know what to say... just so sad. we talked about being friends, but i don't know how that will work. Im not good with being friends with girls... especially girls that i have been with.

16. dad4you

dad4you Member

Breaking up is hard in part because there is an actual physical addiction going on.. so you have to go cold turkey for a while with a clean break. It will get better, just like any other addiction that a person has to get over. The advice to get rid of all the personal stuff she left around is good. Also.. thinking about the reasons you broke up will help you get over the heartache sooner and move on. Good luck, I know you can do it.

17. uboat

uboat New Member

Thank you. I packed a box full of her stuff/things that reminded me of her earlier and put them in my closet. I also deleted all pics on facebook/myspace of me and her. I also removed her from my facebook friends list so i can't see into her profile and she can't see into mine. I feel so bad for her. I know she really loved me and i loved her too, but we just don't seem to be compatible. We tried for two years to make it work, but it just didn't work. I was also loosing my attraction to her. my soul is so tired right now. Im thinking about doing the whole re-bound thing but im not sure if thats a good idea. There is this girl ive been talking too for a little while, maybe hanging with her/fucking her will make me feel better...i dunno

18. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

dont have sex till your ready. i had to soon and felt worse

19. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

It feels rotten, but it will pass. Keep reminding yourself of that last part, you will feel better and be happier in the long run.

20. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    Listen to Lemon. This girl you have been flirting with is attracted to your misery of now. You want to get happier first and Then find a girl. Otherwise when you cheer up she might not like the new you.

Draft saved Draft deleted