Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I just came out to friend in the car just 2 minutes ago. He wasn't even tanken back, I am so happy I could cry! So happy he accepted me being gay.

Later I will tell poeple bit by bit but not my family or strict catholic friend. I cannt bear to loose them even if they know half fo me; maybe only when I move out of the house.

What was the first person you came out to? and how was he experience?

love you all:smile:

ges

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Thrilled for you. Congratulations!
I think my first was a doctor treating me for depression. He then took on the role of psych - should stick to writing prescriptions. Was hard-going, but I felt relieved to have started. Cheers.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
congrats, doll!
takes courage to take that first step.
i recall telling all my school friends i was bi. not one of them believed me...until six months later when they saw me snogging a girl. ha!

XSILVER

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
CONGRATS!!!! My best friend was the first person who i told and he wasn't taken back... just sat there and was a friend. I was going through a hard time with this guy i was involved with at the time and just needed to let it all out. Quickly after (due to the positive reaction) I bagan to tell other friends who all had Positive reactions with lots of support. I have now been dating by BF for almost 2.5 years but have not "officially" told my parents. THEY KNOW but are just being supportive of who iI am and making me as comfortable as possible. They really like my BF and that makes it all the better. I wish you Nothing but the best and happiness in your life. "those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind"

coolbrotha86

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It definitely feels like a relief when you tell someone something and you'd think he/she would overreact but just wind up saying "ok" lol. My brother came out to me back in March as I was driving him home. Honestly I was taken back but only because he was the first person to ever come out to me and I didn't suspect or expect it, and I didn't know what to say. After the 3-5 second awkward silence I said "OK so you're gay?" He casually said "yup." So I said "ok." We've been joking about him moving to LA and 'that's what HE said' ever since...

jeff2982

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dude, good for you. It's not always easy, but I'm 40 yrs old and it's true: Those that care don't matter. Those that matter, don't care. Enjoy being you!

_Jack

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Congratulations! I only ever told one person, in confidence, but a few months later realised that she must have let it slip out amongst our group of friends whilst I was not there. I wasn't angry at all because my best guy mate came up to me one night, drunk, and said 'We know that you're gay by the way, and have absolutely no problem with it' it was a real sensation of euphoria because I knew I could be completely myself with these people now and feel no problem at all. I'm yet to tell my family, and am definitely not a person who introduces himself then and there as gay, but its made me so much more at ease in social situations whereas before I would often feel awkward and paranoid.

B_jdunhill

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have a smile from ear to ear :)

We have emailed back and forth so many times, I am so happy for you man, I want to hear all about it.

hugs.

j.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Congratulations, Water Dragon! It takes balls of steel to come out of the closet. Remember that in the future, when you're feeling down. You did it.

porpoisE

Just Browsing
Media
tumblr_lexm26DAr71qgoelno1_500.jpg

Ra

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well done! That must be a real relief.

One of my cousins knew from some time back that I was bi but I only "came out" to a friend of mine last year. He was cool about it - so I can understand your feeling of relief for sure.