Just 'cause it's funny...

ballgagsnippleclamps

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know alot of people that have never been in the service industry, this is kinda of a share for a laugh for those who are and a wise up to those who aren't.

Twice in the past couple of days I have seen customers (one at my bar and one at a gas station) go in to histrarics over... well it's hard to come up with a name for it, so I'll tell both stories...

Monday, I stop to get a Moutian Dew at this gas station. The unlucky guy behind the counter had the pleasure of not only working Labor Day but also having the ENTIRE computer system crash... thus shutting down cash registers, credit card system, and unfortunatly the pumps themselves. Of course being Labor Day you can bet the help desk was on a skeleton crew... this kid what shit out of luck. But hell I bartend, I had cash, hell I didn't care about the change... let the kid have a tip. But while I'm cashing out I witness this exchange between the kid and this lady...

"I need gas on pump one."

"I'm sorry maam, our entire computer system went down. The pumps aren't working."

"What do you mean your pumps aren't working? This is a gas station."

"Maam I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do."

"What am I am I supposed to do? I'm on E!!!"

"Maam I'm sorry..."

"I'm on E, this in unbelievable." and thus exits."

I wanted to smack her...

NOW just minutes ago, at the bar I work at... this lady comes in and asks for fish and chips. She used to come in all the time, and always get fish and chips, but unfortunatly due to the area the bar is located basicly being a urban shooting zone lunch business has dropped off to almost non-existant, the boss cut back the menu to the basics we sold and one of those cuts was the fish. So when I tell her we don't have it any more, I preceed to get the evil eye and a verbal tounge lashing. So course I was wanting to say "If you would have stopped in a little more often than 5 months ago... we might still have it." BUT alas I said "Sorry... we had to throw the last batch out."

The basic point... It really seems to me that ALOT of people need to stop thinking the world revolves around them, having to get back in your car and hit the gas station right across the street in not a personal crisis. And really stop pissing on the little people. Smile a little more to the clerk at the grocery, maybe ask how their doing today, next person that serves you food try calling them by their name, and the next good drink you get mixed tip a little extra.

You think your getting bad attitude cause "I'm" having a bad day... truthfully there are only so many times in a given day one can take the way service people get treated before it shows. Not me really I smile regardless. I'll just joke about it after you leave.

And it just happened that the two recent incindents we're women... I can prolly think of a hunderd thousand incidents when I was managing a video game store that men freaked out. "You can't be out of Madden! It just came out." and half the time they we're reakin' of weed. :p

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
"I'm on E, this in unbelievable."

I had the same epiphany one time, but it damn sure wasn't in a gas station. :wink:

Mrs. HG tends to behave this way, but that's a monster of my own creation...I've always treated her like the world actually does revolve around her, so it's a bit of culture shock when she encounters situations like this and I'm not around to act as a buffer.

It always makes for some funny stories, though.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I've been told by Brandon that I'm a bitch to people. But I think it's cause I change the tone of my voice to something more innocent when I'm ordering. I'm scared of people. I work as a cashier, and a housekeeper. Resteraunt waitress, call centre representative.

I always tip $5 which is more than I should when I order chicken fingers and fries, I always say please and thank you, even in a drive through, and I bag my own groceries.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When i used to bartend we`d have the regulars and then there was the occasional straggler, you know the type, you see them once and then you`ll never see `em again. Well the regulars had bar tabs, so when someone i didn`t know would say put it on my tab, i`m like, no cash no drink. They would get all angry and leave, probly because they`re broke and just out scaming different bars. I used to get alot of those, they`d really get mad when i`d give a regular one drink after another and just scribble something on a sheet of paper, then i`d have to explain to them that when they start spending $400.00 to $500.00 a week consistently then they`ll get a bar tab too.:biggrin1:

lafever

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My first job was in the service industry, how surprise I was at total lack of respect that I was given but some of our customers. I guess when people are spending their money, common manners go away. I try hard to always to be kind to those who work in service industry, having remember how I was mistreated.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I worked in an office for a company providing a certain service, a customer phoned up with a rather serious complaint so I said I'd pass it on to the person it concerned who was my boss, my boss forgot to get back to him so the next day he phoned again a little on the tetchy side, I apologised made up some bullshit excuse and said I'd make sure my boss got back to him. He forgot again!!!! This happened several more times, my boss finally admitting he was reluctant to get back to him as there wasn't much he could do to remedy his complaint, the guy phoned several more times each time I made up some cock and bull story as to why my boss hadn't got back to him and promised him he would. As luck would have it the next time he phoned my boss was actually in the office so I put him on hold and said 'that guy's on the phone again' my boss said 'make something up' I said something like 'I'm not telling him even more bullshit, he's an awkward tosser and I'm sick to death of speaking to the miserable bugger' my boss cajoled me into inventing something to pacify the guy and promised he'd definitely ring him later. I put the phone to my ear, heard the guy draw in a long breath and then say 'I heard all that.'