just diagnosed

D_Steve_Sphincter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm so sorry to hear that. I can only echo other people's sentiments, including those about knowing someone who had this and beat it (a friend of mine). Maybe you will keep us updated via this thread and we can keep in touch with you?
Also, it's quite radical, but I was reading about Gerson Therapy the other day. Might be worth a read... The Gerson Institute - Alternative Cancer Treatment
Stay positive - best wishes.

ggsitc

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I had an aunt who was diagnosed with leukemia in the early 1960s and was in remission for over 20 years, which was amazing considering the treatments at that time were archaic compared to what's available today. In short, if she could do it back then, you can really do it now!

nick2730

Experimental Member
Media
my uncle had it years ago and beat it, hes now relapse free, healthy for almost 10 years and had 2 kids. He had to store some of his boys for invetro fertile due to kemo. Good luck

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Blessings to you man. Treatments today are very successful as above. Get informed and play as knowledgeable a role in your treatment as you can and keep a positive optimistic attitude. Best of luck and prayers coming your way. Great that you reached out here too!

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I feel for you and want to tell you that when I was diagnosed with cancer last year I went through all the stages of grief. You will go through anger, sadness, question why me, hate, moments feeling like you're gonna go crazy.... But look at the big picture, fighting leukemia has come a long way with treatments. Some may be simple. Some may be radical. Get a second opinion and go from there. Write here all you can to get stuff off your chest and use us here as an outlet for support. Sending positive vibes your way. Please keep us posted. Hugs from me to you.

Jay1074

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You are in my thoughts and prayers, tallguypns. You're frightened and that's to be expected and perfectly OK. Like everyone else has said, you'll have no problem beating this. Stay positive and know we're all pulling for you. Keep in mind we live in a day and age where this illness is cureable.

HUGS!!

bobbyboyle

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry to hear this, my man, I really hope you respond well and beat it.

For everyone else who reads this; if you are healthy and able, please look into donating bone marrow. It really helps. One of the best gifts you can ever give.

Q Vee

Sexy Member
Media
I will keep you in my prayers and positive thoughts.

The amazing depth and breadth of knowledge and insight from members of this sight is only eclipsed by the awesome show of sisterly and brotherly support to those facing trying times, as shown in this thread.

Such grace, while providing you with words of comfort and healing, also gives me hope for a brighter future.

Peace and Blessings to you and to us all.

thkbeercan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hang in their, bro. Keep a positive mental attitude. A fearful response to that kind of diagnosis is completely normal, but bear in mind that people beat cancer every day.
My dad was diagnosed with mesothelioma a couple of years ago and is today cancer free.
A customer of mine was diagnosed with stomach cancer last year and today is cancer free.
Warm thoughts and prayers go out to you...

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
At one time, a diagnosis leukemia was considered to be a death sentence, but no more. Now, with the medical treatments available, most people survive it and go on to live a normal life. Even so, such a diagnosis is still a shock and not everyone handles it the same way. But with competent treatment, probably you will completely recover. It can have a positive effect too; after recovering from leukemia, probably you will value your life more highly than before.

The following Biblical quotation my give you some comfort:

38:1: Honor the physician with the honor due him,
according to your need of him,
for the Lord created him;
2: for healing comes from the Most High,
and he will receive a gift from the king.
3: The skill of the physician lifts up his head,
and in the presence of great men he is admired.
4: The Lord created medicines from the earth,
and a sensible man will not despise them.

6: And he gave skill to men
that he might be glorified in his marvelous works.
7: By them he heals and takes away pain;
8: the pharmacist makes of them a compound.
His works will never be finished;
and from him health is upon the face of the earth.
9: My son, when you are sick do not be negligent,
but pray to the Lord, and he will heal you.
10: Give up your faults and direct your hands aright,
and cleanse your heart from all sin.

12: And give the physician his place, for the Lord created him;
let him not leave you, for there is need of him.
13: There is a time when success lies in the hands of physicians,
14: for they too will pray to the Lord
that he should grant them success in diagnosis
and in healing, for the sake of preserving life.