Just felt like sharing....

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Is it me or are straight guys becoming more comfortable with male friends....I hang out with a core group of 12 straight guy friends....Personally until maybe in the last 6 or 7 years I never felt really close to male friends probably due to having a girlfriend or concentrating on my career....All these guys except for 3 of us have girlfriend or wives....I admit that sometimes I feel we are too close but I love all these guys to death....I mean we all hang out like at 4 times a week....The problem is that I have noticed that the girlfriends and wives are kind of getting a little jealous I think....For example we were all hanging out at a friends house after clubbing on Saturday night and all most of the girls were there too but all us guys were really enjoying our guy conversations and we all were like on one couch pretty much sitting on each hugged up having a crazy fun conversation....Most of the guys were drunk and it was all in fun....I really don't drink so I usually pick up on other people moods and I was kind of sitting in the middle of all the guys....We all were kind of sitting on each other and one of my friends had his legs thrown across mine and another one had his arm around me but I didn't think anything of it because we are all pretty close and know everything about each other and our super comfortable with each....I mean these guys hug and kiss each other on the cheek which I had to get use to....

Okay I noticed a couple of the girlfriends look kind of weird and came over and grabbed their guys like okay guys you look like you are having too much fun....But for some reason me being the sober one - it felt like the girls were a little jealous like we liked each other more than them....Myself being one of the single guys in the group I feel that alot of the girls think I might be a bad influence which is so far from the truth....Most of the time I am the one who tells the guys okay it is kind of late and I am sure your girlfriend or wife won't appreciate us hanging out so late....I must admit these guys are for the most part faithful to their girls but 2 of the single guys are pretty bad and I am guilty by association for being single too....

My question is - Do significant others especially girls have problem with their boyfriends hanging out with their single friends....Because I really enjoy the closeness we all share....I grew up in a family that didn't have alot of emotion or affection so I had a problem getting to close to people especially males so they guys have helped me alot with that because we tell each other we love each other all the time and really genuinely enjoy each and look forward to seeing each other....Every week we have plans for dinner, see a movie, shop and hang out with each other....We all even travel together....I mean we even have really bad arguements but one of us always apologizes and make up quickly because we love each other....I mean we have GUY days at least once a week....I never have experienced anything like it and even feel closer to these guys than my family and I feel really close with their girlfriends and wives too....Granted these guys are the most emotionally unstable unique characters you would ever meet....I mean everyone has such unique and strong personalities but that is what make them all special and I wouldn't change them a bit....I guess it really hit me Saturday night how lucky I am to have such great friendsk....I felt like sharing because I am happier and healthier than I have ever been before mentally and physically and I contribute this to having great friends....Anyone else with great friends here....

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
I think it is wonderful. Guys in general don't let themselves be totally free with other gusy like the gals do. Straight gals will refer to theri girl friend and they don't mean it in any sexual way at all. But very few guys would say that unless they were gay.

Be thankful that you have found some guys you and be yourself and they can be too.

The girlfirends and wives aren't too jealous. If they were, they would shut it down. It probably is more of "It is late and time to go home." than jealousy.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe some girlfriends are developing BMA (Brokeback Mountain Anxiety) ...

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
That's funny because most of us have seen it and no one was weirded out by it....We all thought it was cool....That is one of our saying now - when all us guys get together and get a little too affectionate - we say we are having a broke back mountain moment....All in fun you know....

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Freddie53 said:
Be thankful that you have found some guys you and be yourself and they can be too.

Definitely thankful for this because this is the first time I ever think I am totally myself with my friends....I mean it is not uncommon for us guys to buy gifts for no reason for each other or get together and have some really deep and personal conversations....

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You are a lucky guy to have male friends that are not afraid to show how they feel. Most men fall into that old logic: If I show another guy any kind of emotion or affection, then people might think I'm Gay. I think that in time ....(a very long time) Men will begin to change this image. One day showing affection to another male will not be an issue.
I hope...:tongue:

Altairion

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned at time with how I put things around my gf. My best friend is gay, and his bf is also a good friend of mine. Not only that, but my best friend and I are going to be getting an apartment together after we graduate. I haven't really asked my gf if she's bothered by this since I'm taking the 'this is just normal route' on it and just treating it like an everyday occurance. She hasn't said anything, even if it bothers her, but I bet it'll come up sometime.