Just for one...

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I believe this occurs ...yes.
Some people for what ever reason have less need(s) for a companion.
I believe it is on more of an up swing of happening now than in the past.
There are so many things that can & does fill a person's life if the desire they don't fit into a marriage type life style...
I'm sure there are many many other reasons to list

spfldstyler

Just Browsing
Media
I think the answer is yes to this question. In my experience, I am 33 years old and have never had a relationship; that's not to say I haven't tried to find someone to settle down with, it's just never worked out for me. I don't lay blame to myself or the people I've dated. For whatever reason it just hasn't been in the cards so to speak for me thus far. I have noticed that over the last few years I have become very comfortable with my life and myself and worry now that I wouldn't be happy or even able to adjust to sharing everything with a partner. Where I once focused a lot of attention and wished I could meet someone special, now I find myself uninterested in even "going out" and would rather spend time with friends or just stay at home.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do know a few people who have never been in a relationship, and there are various reason why, but they are all OK.

I think the answer is yes to this question. In my experience, I am 33 years old and have never had a relationship; that's not to say I haven't tried to find someone to settle down with, it's just never worked out for me. I don't lay blame to myself or the people I've dated. For whatever reason it just hasn't been in the cards so to speak for me thus far. I have noticed that over the last few years I have become very comfortable with my life and myself and worry now that I wouldn't be happy or even able to adjust to sharing everything with a partner. Where I once focused a lot of attention and wished I could meet someone special, now I find myself uninterested in even "going out" and would rather spend time with friends or just stay at home.
Sharing is difficult for a lot of people. Usually the progression happens naturally, though. If you haven't met someone romantically you love & trust enough to share with, emotionally or materially, there's no reason why you should.:smile:

cutedorkwho

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Definitely.

I understand where spfldstyler is coming from and I find myself heading down that type of path, and I'm OK with that.

I find all the joy, entertainment and support I could ever handle in my friends, it would be downright greedy to ask for more in the form of a relationship.

Lito

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I say yes. I'm going down that road. Just over 30, got a stable life, but haven't been able to do the sharing thingie :D

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are people who are now called QuirkyAlones...

Quirkyalone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

who while not necessarily opposed to being in a relationship, may not actively seek one.

While I have been alone most of my life, and have only been in one long term relationship, I don't necessarily consider myself a QuirkyAlone, although I appear to be on the surface. I've always daydreamed about being in a relationship, and it's important to me.

However, I am also wanting to enjoy "playing the field" for a while too, since I didn't get to do a whole lot of that either! I'm open to all the possibilities at this point in time.

I think some of the QuirkyAlones are probably perfectly happy not being in a relationship.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
There are people who are now called QuirkyAlones...

Quirkyalone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

who while not necessarily opposed to being in a relationship, may not actively seek one.

While I have been alone most of my life, and have only been in one long term relationship, I don't necessarily consider myself a QuirkyAlone, although I appear to be on the surface. I've always daydreamed about being in a relationship, and it's important to me.

However, I am also wanting to enjoy "playing the field" for a while too, since I didn't get to do a whole lot of that either! I'm open to all the possibilities at this point in time.

I think some of the QuirkyAlones are probably perfectly happy not being in a relationship.

Your situation sounds sort of familiar - I like the idea of being in a relationship, especially when I'm not in one. But I haven't found myself in a relationship that I could see lasting a lifetime. There has always been something tangible missing.

(There's probably a word for that, and it's probably considerably less endearing than "quirkyalone". :rolleyes:)