Just saw re-run of Dawson's Creek and noticed how hung Dawson's "dad" seemed to be...

Discussion in 'Celebrity Endowments' started by southernboyw9, Jul 20, 2007.

1. southernboyw9

southernboyw9 New Member

Hey guys I was just watching TV in a hotel room while on business and was channel surfing when an old episode of Dawson's Creek was on. I don't know the guy that play's his dad but he was in a scene where he was fishing while standing on a pier, had on jeans and looked like he had a HUGE bulge... anyone know anything about this guy? He also seemed to have a smokin hot body... I didn't remember him being so hot... maybe I just horny in this hotel room!

2. brandonguy35

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Dawson's "dad" was played by Jon (or maybe John) Wesley Shipp. He was a soap star on "Guiding Light" in the early 80s and played "The Flash" in that short-lived series.

Not to perpetuate rumors, BUT I have read from several sources (can't remember them all now) that he is a well-known (and well-used) Hollywood bottom who took advantage of the casting couch to get many of his roles. I also he that he was killed off of "Dawson's Creek" because he and James spent too much time alone together in the trailers. Take it for what it's worth, but I always did get a big gay vibe from him.

3. theheartstripe

theheartstripe New Member

Yeah, and then he kicked the bucket in the fifth season.

4. 2big4u

2big4u New Member

5. steve_james_2

steve_james_2 New Member

Albums:
    John was on NYPD Blues where it showed him totally naked. Unfortunately, you only get to see his nice ass. But I am not complaining.

6. mikey41

Gold Member

You get a gay vibe from him because JWS is openly gay. Strangely, this handsome stud is almost never discussed on the gay message boards.

7. yngjock20

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah, he's openly gay. I think he got a mention in the "Golden Age of Television Bulges" thread.

On the other hand, I don't get "gay" at all from James Van Der Beek...I haven't seen him acting normal enough times to read him, but I don't know if I'd call him a 'mo.

Draft saved Draft deleted