Just the Good Ol' Boys

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, well, well. When the truth comes out, it ain't going to be pretty. Even bush will have a tough time overcomming the court of public opinion once people start finding out the the obvious was indeed true all along. "Scooter" libby has now named him as the person who gave the okay to leak classified information on cia operations, and since bush has publicly stated that anyone caught doing this would be fired, it leads one to ask, what's next?

And why did he trust someone named "Scooter" to begin with? See topic title...

HERE is the link

(Jana--I edited the link as it broke the post table--i.e.,streached the screen--Lex)

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
<.> "Scooter" libby has now named him as the person who gave the okay to leak classified information on cia operations, and since bush has publicly stated that anyone caught doing this would be fired, it leads one to ask, what's next?

I think he'll either defend himself by saying Libby can't be trusted and is just trying to cover himself up, or he'll plead the unwritten article, aka Lex Bush: "I can not be guilty. If I am, then someone else has to be." and will generously forget all the things he ever said about punishments in this affair.

One would wish that he stumbles and falls over this affair, but I'm afraid he'll get away with it. If nothing else helps, he'll raise the terror alert level to crimson-purple and present himself as a hero again, but hanging his head in shame and quitting just isn't his thing. I'm afraid so.

Webster

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While I agree that Shrub will never quit, it sure is nice to see the house of cards start to tumble.....

PussyWellington

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Let me start by saying that I am in no way a supporter of GW Bush, infact I hope he goes down in history as the worst President that your country has ever had. However, technically it is not a "leak" if it was authorized by the President and he went through the process of declassification.

Sure, you can argue that this is just semantics but I would be more concerned about disinformation and the role of the media in this one.

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dirtyde said:
Let me start by saying that I am in no way a supporter of GW Bush, infact I hope he goes down in history as the worst President that your country has ever had. However, technically it is not a "leak" if it was authorized by the President and he went through the process of declassification.

Sure, you can argue that this is just semantics but I would be more concerned about disinformation and the role of the media in this one.

You're right about the legality, De. Unfortunately for the Bushies, however, it's still a giant ethical question (yet ANOTHER one), because they denied doing anything like this. They've also been screaming for months about the inside-the-Beltway practice of passing on privileged information to the press and how they intend to crack down on anyone in the Executive Branch found doing it.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dirtyde, the article itself did a pretty good job of expressing that, the main problem for bush will be that he vehemently denied knowing about it and claimed he'd fire anyone he found out did it. Since HE gave the okay, that means he knew all along and was being fraudulent to the American people (ugh, I am tenatively capitalising American again).

I love my country, but our government is filled with cunts.

I respect our soldiers for trying to do their part, but I despise the leaders who lead them into a war about greed.

I am a patriot, I can read historical accounts and do my best to discern fact from fiction, even in those. Get 4 sources for anything, that helps. Our politicians have been undermining the constitution and should be brought up on charges of treason. Bush first.

AND NOW, the time has come to push religion out of government, it has to go. Kicking or screaming, it has to go.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
madame_zora said:
Dirtyde, the article itself did a pretty good job of expressing that, the main problem for bush will be that he vehemently denied knowing about it and claimed he'd fire anyone he found out did it. Since HE gave the okay, that means he knew all along and was being fraudulent to the American people (ugh, I am tenatively capitalising American again).
<.>
AND NOW, the time has come to push religion out of government, it has to go. Kicking or screaming, it has to go.

Did HE find out about his own involvement? There you got your answer. He didn't, and so he won't have to fire himself. That's logic.

As much as I'd like to see him take his hat, I think that will be in our dreams, and he'll do his second tour until the bitter end in 2008, maybe he thinks that now, with a completely ruined reputation, nobody will care much about the qualities of his decisions anymore.

alter_ego1

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He'll just wait six months and redefine the American language (or whatever dialect he speaks) until it fits what he wants the "facts" to be.