Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
PLEASE tell me what you think of me. PM it if you must. I won't be offended. I enjoy honesty and intelligence. I know asking for both is too much, so please don't let the forum rules curtail your ability to be honest.

You're dreaming if you think wanting what's best for America means truly caring about American citizens. Do you think that the President would lose any sleep, or feel even the slightest remorse, if you were NOT a US citizen, or if you died/ceased to exist? Would your loved ones receive condolences from the President? No is the obvious answer. I accept that, which is exactly why I posited my post in that manner. Call me crazy, but that would be something I'd expect from someone that cares about me.

Romney, like Obama, like all politicians, "cares" about people when he needs to care about them. He's not a snake any more so than any man or woman in Washington. Since you fail to see that, and you are a far more evolved intellectual than myself, I have exclusive rights to a bridge in Brooklyn that I would love to talk to you about!

The only reasonable disagreement I would accept would be you telling me I'm reading the concept in too black and white a fashion. That would be perfectly fair (and probably accurate).

This paragraph speaks to how much YOU care about anyone else but yourself. To think that not one single politician is in it for anyone other than him/her self is a direct reflection on you.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I just want to point out that "racist attitudes" from the surveys are not necessarily racism. The article says that the surveys asked participants about their opinions on how words "such as "friendly," "hardworking," "violent" and "lazy," described blacks, whites and Hispanics."

You would be surprised how many black people self-describe many blacks as lazy. Keep in mind that this is not ALL blacks, but many. This particular topic came into question in one of my classes (which has a significant amount of black people, probably half the class) and pretty much all of them would more closely relate lazy to blacks than hardworking. Is Obama lazy? Hell no. Are the blacks in my class lazy? Doubtful. Are there many in the general population that I interact with lazy? Yea.

It is a simple general idea that tends to hold true in most cases. I am not going to judge before I interact with the person, but it is a general statement.

EDIT: In regards to specific racism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sNL3-WZUU

Food for though re. your argument. Not scientific. My take on it, just for your consideration:

1. Blacks who describe other blacks as lazy are not "self describing". They are describing "other blacks" as opposed to themselves.

2. Any BROAD generalization as such of a group of people can STILL be considered a racist remark, even if made by members of that same group.

example: SOME black people are lazy. (Absofuckinlutely).
example: ALL black people are lazy. (nah)

see how that works?? :cool:

Last edited:

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
I just want to point out that "racist attitudes" from the surveys are not necessarily racism. The article says that the surveys asked participants about their opinions on how words "such as "friendly," "hardworking," "violent" and "lazy," described blacks, whites and Hispanics."

You would be surprised how many black people self-describe many blacks as lazy. Keep in mind that this is not ALL blacks, but many. This particular topic came into question in one of my classes (which has a significant amount of black people, probably half the class) and pretty much all of them would more closely relate lazy to blacks than hardworking. Is Obama lazy? Hell no. Are the blacks in my class lazy? Doubtful. Are there many in the general population that I interact with lazy? Yea.

It is a simple general idea that tends to hold true in most cases. I am not going to judge before I interact with the person, but it is a general statement.

EDIT: In regards to specific racism
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-sNL3-WZUU

I'm white and I think that white people are lazy. What are the implications? PEOPLE are lazy. Not all people mind you, but people of every race, creed, gender, nationality, age...

lovinglife

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm white and I think that white people are lazy. What are the implications? PEOPLE are lazy. Not all people mind you, but people of every race, creed, gender, nationality, age...
Yes, people are lazy. But there is a generalization that you can take based upon race. Stereotyping, through any study I have found, is generally accurate when it comes to the social aspects of every day life. ie lazy or not.
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic920387.files/Accuracy - Bias.pdf
"Functioning much like implicit role theorists (Diekman & Eagly, 2000), observers may predict women’s support of issues such as child care from their observations of the typical division of labor, and these predictions are, on the whole, accurate"
Stereotype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"There is empirical social science research which shows that stereotypes are often accurate"
I dont have access to the book where that 2nd source is cited, but I am going to go ahead and trust wiki on this.
Food for though re. your argument. Not scientific. My take on it, just for your consideration:

1. Blacks who describe other blacks as lazy are not "self describing". They are describing "other blacks" as opposed to themselves.

2. Any BROAD generalization as such of a group of people can STILL be considered a racist remark, even if made by members of that same group.

example: SOME black people are lazy. (Absofuckinlutely).
example: ALL black people are lazy. (nah)

see how that works?? :cool:
I use "self describing" loosely as a term for their race, not of their person. And yes, any broad generalization used as a remark can be racist... but not necessarily. When somebody might say "blacks are lazy" that is a general remark and not at all in regards to ALL blacks, just the some. At least that is how I would take it, because I never think that anybody could regard a whole race as something when they have not met the entire race.

I believe that racism only comes into play when you are meaning to talk poorly about a race in a negative light for some reason. If I said, "blacks are lazy and dont deserve x" that would be racism in my opinion.

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You speak like an intelligent person, but you act like a racist bigoted child on here. Why? Not a single word in any reply except for yours mentioned race.

Calling someone a racist or a bigot is a real deal Kayman, and your repeated false use of it removes the impact of those words. If you called any normally constituted human being a racist in real life without cause, you would be in for a life changing event.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, please continue to wallow in your privilege and myopia because you write as an individual of ambivalent of bigotry and implicit bias while fronting like you possess a semblance of actual writing semantics. There are only false because to you because of your refuse to decipher why others including myself call those said individuals out. Meanwhile, you give validity to many other individuals' implicit and aversive bias while only rarely calling out the explicit bias such dropping actual racial or sexual minority epithets. The majority of your posts are insults to anyone with a world perspective's intelligence. So you until you prove my long observed perspective otherwise, you will remain transparent and void of my responses (back on ignore).

FYI, I call people out in my everyday life on their bigoted bullshit all the time as well. You are the one that is in for a life changing event if you don't stop being such a condescending individual and an enabler of such destructive and bigoted behavior. I'm not the only one that sees this particular pattern, so you can kick rocks...

Thanks!

Last edited:

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah, yeah, yeah, please continue to wallow in your privilege and myopia because you write as an individual of ambivalent of bigotry and implicit bias while fronting like you possess a semblance of actual writing semantics. There are only false because to you because of your refuse to decipher why others including myself call those said individuals out. Meanwhile, you give validity to many other individuals' implicit and aversive bias while only rarely calling out the explicit bias such dropping actual racial or sexual minority epithets. The majority of your posts are insults to anyone with a world perspective's intelligence. So you until you prove my long observed perspective otherwise, you will remain transparent and void of my responses (back on ignore).

FYI, I call people out in my everyday life on their bigoted bullshit all the time as well. You are the one that is in for a life changing event if you don't stop being such a condescending individual and an enabler of such destructive and bigoted behavior. I'm not the only one that sees this particular pattern, so you can kick rocks...

Thanks!

Kayman, can you please just answer one question: is English your first language? If not, I commend your writing ability, though there is clearly room to improve. A good deal of your sentences simply don't make sense given your placement of certain words. If yes, I'm ashamed of the American educational system.

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This paragraph speaks to how much YOU care about anyone else but yourself. To think that not one single politician is in it for anyone other than him/her self is a direct reflection on you.

Unless you (or anyone for that matter) mean something to me (family, loved ones, friends, etc), I DON'T care about you. I'm shocked you're just coming to this realization! That is not to say that I wish ill upon anyone (your splendid self included), because I don't. Aside from that, I can't see what more is owed of me toward my fellow man. I aim to do a person no harm, and I expect the same in return. Anything more is swell, but not necessary in my mind.

I never said politicians are in it solely for themselves. I said (entirely logically might I add) that they do NOT care about all of their constituents...it's simply impractical. I don't begrudge them for it...I see it as a matter based in reality. Again, before you rail on me for whatever inane reason you choose, take into account that my definition of caring necessitates an individual actually knowing a person by name and being interested in their life. Do you believe, by that definition, you could count the President as a man who truly cares about you?

Still waiting on that honest PM btw...and please include your interest level about that bridge in Brooklyn.

Last edited:

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

balsary

Sexy Member
Media
Unless you (or anyone for that matter) mean something to me (family, loved ones, friends, etc), I DON'T care about you. I'm shocked you're just coming to this realization! That is not to say that I wish ill upon anyone (your splendid self included), because I don't. Aside from that, I can't see what more is owed of me toward my fellow man. I aim to do a person no harm, and I expect the same in return. Anything more is swell, but not necessary in my mind.

I never said politicians are in it solely for themselves. I said (entirely logically might I add) that they do NOT care about all of their constituents...it's simply impractical. I don't begrudge them for it...I see it as a matter based in reality. Again, before you rail on me for whatever inane reason you choose, take into account that my definition of caring necessitates an individual actually knowing a person by name and being interested in their life. Do you believe, by that definition, you could count the President as a man who truly cares about you?

Still waiting on that honest PM btw...and please include your interest level about that bridge in Brooklyn.

Awesome, you don't owe anybody but you feel that I owe you something. Seems to be the way of the modern Republican. And rather than speak to anything kayman said, you choose to attack the way in which he said it. You're just full of class aren't you?

Don't hold your breath waiting on anything from me. I might be persuaded to believe you own some bridge somewhere, but you strike me as one that burns a lot of bridges.

lovinglife

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While I dont doubt the figures, is it really fair to say that social security and medicare are entirely entitlement programs, at least in the way that the phrase is commonly used? I mean, these people paid into it for their entire lives to have it when they were elderly. Yes they end up getting more out of it than they put in, but thats due to inflation requirements. Social Security and Medicare are about 2/3 of "entitlement program" spending by themselves, but they were paid for by working until their old age and paying into it like a savings account.

Elngyn

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Had Obama lost and someone posted a site depicting gays and minorities grieving:

1. Wouldn't you feel like that was cruel?
2. Would you assume that they are crying because they hate white people?

No they would be crying couse they realized that they were about to get shafted more then the ever thought possible by GOP retaliation an utter vengeance for ever assuming they were worth being represented in any way & to punish them for ever presuming to have the gall to not keep the status quo.say what you will about the policys of Obama but there is still a deep well of hate in this country for any non caucasion I meen Christ the back lash agents obama I think we can all agree has Ben more ferverd then any other dem in history please explain this if not race?I think it's time to admit the GOP deep secret it's the party of the rasist south ,Sorry Mr Lincon :(..hell for that matter Sorry Mr.Nixon..& sorry to all the level headed an Sane republicans your party has Ben usurped.( & for that matter Sorry Mr.Romny it's not you I dislike just your misguided supporters that tainted your run and ultimately your chances of winning).

kayman

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Kayman, can you please just answer one question: is English your first language? If not, I commend your writing ability, though there is clearly room to improve. A good deal of your sentences simply don't make sense given your placement of certain words. If yes, I'm ashamed of the American educational system.

Hmmmm...considering the time of the day and the fact that I didn't properly proofread my entire post prior to sending it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, you cannot talk considering your arguments are riddled with holes large enough to drive a mad truck through it. My advice to you is keep it cute and don't try me because you don't stand a chance in hell in an argument with me on race...

BTW, you talk all that shit all you want but you obfuscate your own points by ignoring the obvious. Isn't ironic these events have instantaneously occurred and reoccurred since President Obama's reelection on Tuesday?

Think about it about it for 5 minutes before you start running your mouth because you are starting to look and sound hella foolish when it comes to talking about race.

Last edited:

AtomicMouse1950

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Exactly

Hmmmm...considering the time of the day and the fact that I didn't properly proofread my entire post prior to sending it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, you cannot talk considering your arguments are riddled with holes large enough to drive a mad truck through it. My advice to you is keep it cute and don't try me because you don't stand a chance in hell in an argument with me on race...

BTW, you talk all that shit all you want but you obfuscate your own points by ignoring the obvious. Isn't ironic these events have instantaneously occurred and reoccurred since President Obama's reelection on Tuesday?

Think about it about it for 5 minutes before you start running your mouth because you are starting to look and sound hella foolish when it comes to talking about race.

blazblue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

I thought he was hella foolish already about race :lmao:

Last edited:

Eric_8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Awesome, you don't owe anybody but you feel that I owe you something. Seems to be the way of the modern Republican. And rather than speak to anything kayman said, you choose to attack the way in which he said it. You're just full of class aren't you?

Don't hold your breath waiting on anything from me. I might be persuaded to believe you own some bridge somewhere, but you strike me as one that burns a lot of bridges.

I aim to do a person no harm, and I expect the same in return. Anything more is swell, but not necessary in my mind. A direct quote from the post you chose to respond to.

I'm failing to see this "you owe me, I owe you nothing" belief set you're accusing me of in anything I've written. I don't believe you (I suppose that doubles as the gov't) owe me anything. I similarly don't believe that I owe you anything, aside from not infringing upon your rights to health and safety.

Did YOU read what Kayman posted? It is poorly written garbage lacking just about all legitimacy. If a student (regardless of level) were to present a paper filled with grammatical errors and ramblings, wouldn't you expect the person in charge of grading that paper to correct the errors. Personally, I didn't see much of anything in Kayman's post (aside from shameless race baiting), so I didn't have a great inclination to address the points he made.

Last edited: