just too precious for words

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Nov 8, 2012.

1. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^i think that's the same link posted in the o.p. my browser won't even bring it up. i get an error message reading "microsoft has closed this for your protection".

2. Eric_8

Gold Member

3. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    This paragraph speaks to how much YOU care about anyone else but yourself. To think that not one single politician is in it for anyone other than him/her self is a direct reflection on you.

4. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Food for though re. your argument. Not scientific. My take on it, just for your consideration:

1. Blacks who describe other blacks as lazy are not "self describing". They are describing "other blacks" as opposed to themselves.

2. Any BROAD generalization as such of a group of people can STILL be considered a racist remark, even if made by members of that same group.

example: SOME black people are lazy. (Absofuckinlutely).
    example: ALL black people are lazy. (nah)

see how that works?? :cool:

#64 b.c., Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm white and I think that white people are lazy. What are the implications? PEOPLE are lazy. Not all people mind you, but people of every race, creed, gender, nationality, age...

6. lovinglife

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yes, people are lazy. But there is a generalization that you can take based upon race. Stereotyping, through any study I have found, is generally accurate when it comes to the social aspects of every day life. ie lazy or not.
    http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.topic920387.files/Accuracy - Bias.pdf
    "Functioning much like implicit role theorists (Diekman & Eagly, 2000), observers may predict womenÂ’s support of issues such as child care from their observations of the typical division of labor, and these predictions are, on the whole, accurate"
    Stereotype - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "There is empirical social science research which shows that stereotypes are often accurate"
    I dont have access to the book where that 2nd source is cited, but I am going to go ahead and trust wiki on this.
    I use "self describing" loosely as a term for their race, not of their person. And yes, any broad generalization used as a remark can be racist... but not necessarily. When somebody might say "blacks are lazy" that is a general remark and not at all in regards to ALL blacks, just the some. At least that is how I would take it, because I never think that anybody could regard a whole race as something when they have not met the entire race.

I believe that racism only comes into play when you are meaning to talk poorly about a race in a negative light for some reason. If I said, "blacks are lazy and dont deserve x" that would be racism in my opinion.

7. kayman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, please continue to wallow in your privilege and myopia because you write as an individual of ambivalent of bigotry and implicit bias while fronting like you possess a semblance of actual writing semantics. There are only false because to you because of your refuse to decipher why others including myself call those said individuals out. Meanwhile, you give validity to many other individuals' implicit and aversive bias while only rarely calling out the explicit bias such dropping actual racial or sexual minority epithets. The majority of your posts are insults to anyone with a world perspective's intelligence. So you until you prove my long observed perspective otherwise, you will remain transparent and void of my responses (back on ignore).

FYI, I call people out in my everyday life on their bigoted bullshit all the time as well. You are the one that is in for a life changing event if you don't stop being such a condescending individual and an enabler of such destructive and bigoted behavior. I'm not the only one that sees this particular pattern, so you can kick rocks...

Thanks!

#67 kayman, Nov 9, 2012
  8. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Surely not even the Mormon God can get it wrong twice. :eek: :biggrin1:

9. Eric_8

Gold Member

Kayman, can you please just answer one question: is English your first language? If not, I commend your writing ability, though there is clearly room to improve. A good deal of your sentences simply don't make sense given your placement of certain words. If yes, I'm ashamed of the American educational system.

10. Eric_8

Gold Member

Unless you (or anyone for that matter) mean something to me (family, loved ones, friends, etc), I DON'T care about you. I'm shocked you're just coming to this realization! That is not to say that I wish ill upon anyone (your splendid self included), because I don't. Aside from that, I can't see what more is owed of me toward my fellow man. I aim to do a person no harm, and I expect the same in return. Anything more is swell, but not necessary in my mind.

I never said politicians are in it solely for themselves. I said (entirely logically might I add) that they do NOT care about all of their constituents...it's simply impractical. I don't begrudge them for it...I see it as a matter based in reality. Again, before you rail on me for whatever inane reason you choose, take into account that my definition of caring necessitates an individual actually knowing a person by name and being interested in their life. Do you believe, by that definition, you could count the President as a man who truly cares about you?

Still waiting on that honest PM btw...and please include your interest level about that bridge in Brooklyn.

#70 Eric_8, Nov 9, 2012
  11. AtomicMouse1950

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
  12. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awesome, you don't owe anybody but you feel that I owe you something. Seems to be the way of the modern Republican. And rather than speak to anything kayman said, you choose to attack the way in which he said it. You're just full of class aren't you?

Don't hold your breath waiting on anything from me. I might be persuaded to believe you own some bridge somewhere, but you strike me as one that burns a lot of bridges.

13. lovinglife

Gold Member

Albums:
    While I dont doubt the figures, is it really fair to say that social security and medicare are entirely entitlement programs, at least in the way that the phrase is commonly used? I mean, these people paid into it for their entire lives to have it when they were elderly. Yes they end up getting more out of it than they put in, but thats due to inflation requirements. Social Security and Medicare are about 2/3 of "entitlement program" spending by themselves, but they were paid for by working until their old age and paying into it like a savings account.

14. Elngyn

Elngyn Active Member

Albums:
    No they would be crying couse they realized that they were about to get shafted more then the ever thought possible by GOP retaliation an utter vengeance for ever assuming they were worth being represented in any way & to punish them for ever presuming to have the gall to not keep the status quo.say what you will about the policys of Obama but there is still a deep well of hate in this country for any non caucasion I meen Christ the back lash agents obama I think we can all agree has Ben more ferverd then any other dem in history please explain this if not race?I think it's time to admit the GOP deep secret it's the party of the rasist south ,Sorry Mr Lincon :(..hell for that matter Sorry Mr.Nixon..& sorry to all the level headed an Sane republicans your party has Ben usurped.( & for that matter Sorry Mr.Romny it's not you I dislike just your misguided supporters that tainted your run and ultimately your chances of winning).

15. Elngyn

Elngyn Active Member

Albums:
    Correction (not rasist south) the quiet thread of racism in America that creeps in whilst no one is paying attention. ( yes better).

16. kayman

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Hmmmm...considering the time of the day and the fact that I didn't properly proofread my entire post prior to sending it, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. However, you cannot talk considering your arguments are riddled with holes large enough to drive a mad truck through it. My advice to you is keep it cute and don't try me because you don't stand a chance in hell in an argument with me on race...

BTW, you talk all that shit all you want but you obfuscate your own points by ignoring the obvious. Isn't ironic these events have instantaneously occurred and reoccurred since President Obama's reelection on Tuesday?

Think about it about it for 5 minutes before you start running your mouth because you are starting to look and sound hella foolish when it comes to talking about race.

#76 kayman, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  17. AtomicMouse1950

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Exactly

18. blazblue

Gold Member

I thought he was hella foolish already about race :lmao:

#78 blazblue, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  19. cruztbone

Gold Member

i shed crocodile tears of pure mayonnaise. oh , the humanity!!! i cant stop laughing !! too much fun!!!

20. Eric_8

Gold Member

I aim to do a person no harm, and I expect the same in return. Anything more is swell, but not necessary in my mind. A direct quote from the post you chose to respond to.

I'm failing to see this "you owe me, I owe you nothing" belief set you're accusing me of in anything I've written. I don't believe you (I suppose that doubles as the gov't) owe me anything. I similarly don't believe that I owe you anything, aside from not infringing upon your rights to health and safety.

Did YOU read what Kayman posted? It is poorly written garbage lacking just about all legitimacy. If a student (regardless of level) were to present a paper filled with grammatical errors and ramblings, wouldn't you expect the person in charge of grading that paper to correct the errors. Personally, I didn't see much of anything in Kayman's post (aside from shameless race baiting), so I didn't have a great inclination to address the points he made.

#80 Eric_8, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
Draft saved Draft deleted