Just wanted to share a laugh...

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not of Ms Marbles but still the funny

We all know this lady. If you work in sales you have had this woman ask to speak to your manager
I used to love for my associates to refer all the "Karens" to me. I must know 100 ways to make "no" sound like "yes" but these women always see right through all of them. They know I'm offering compromise, and they hate compromise. Usually, they wanted to return pillows after breaking the seal on them. But I trained my people well. No pillows could leave the store without the associate AND the cashier double checking the seal. The sales associate was also required to tell the customer that the floor samples in the store were broken in from thousands of guests trying them out, that brand new pillows would feel significantly firmer, that it would take about two months of nightly use to get to the same softness as the demos, and that there was no possible way to return the pillows once the seal was broken. I also posted a sign near the demos saying the same thing. I posted a blowup of the return policy near the registers. I had my cashiers circle the receipt and quote the part of that policy regarding items that could not be returned. So "Karens" always gave me receipts on which someine had circled that the pillows could not come back to us. Other managers would get worn out by the weight of privilege. Not I. I only cared about good service and profits. "Ma'am. It is illegal for me to repackage and sell this pillow. I have to destroy it. Destroying a $200 pillow is not only bad business for me, it is environmentally irresponsible. This pillow is yours to keep, or give as a gift. I am very sorry you don't like it though. I would like to give you my personal apology for your dissatisfaction, and this voucher for 25% off any item in the store that is our store brand."

"I want to speak to YOUR manager."

"Ma'am, I run this store all by myself today, and almost every day. I would love to accomodate you. I can have one of my associates show you a much softer pillow, and extend to you a 10% discount in addition to the 25% off voucher. You will also receive a free gift worth $20. No one is permitted to accept returns for pillows for the reasons I previously outlined. But these things I can do for you. I regret that you are unsatisfied with your purchase."

Men can be Karen too. An associate sold a $450 drone before drones were fashionable. We were trained by rhe manufacturer never to accept returns, but rather to let the manufacturer resolve issues themselves.

"This fucking thing broke already! I want my money back!"

"I have examined it. I see that it has damage from a crash. I can have an associate give you a flying lesson, though we will not be able to allow you to fly ours. Meanwhile, when you get home, just contact Parrot. They will send you replacement parts, or repair your drone for you. I am not permitted to accept returns. If I do, we will lose our license to sell these items. Parrot cares deeply about your satisfaction, and will absolutely make sure your drone flies again. It is under warranty still."

Karen's male counterpart then flies into a blind rage and smashes the drone beyond warranty and repair, screaming at me the whole time while I call security and the police.

Hilarious. Sometimes I miss retail.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I used to love for my associates to refer all the "Karens" to me. I must know 100 ways to make "no" sound like "yes" but these women always see right through all of them. They know I'm offering compromise, and they hate compromise. Usually, they wanted to return pillows after breaking the seal on them. But I trained my people well. No pillows could leave the store without the associate AND the cashier double checking the seal. The sales associate was also required to tell the customer that the floor samples in the store were broken in from thousands of guests trying them out, that brand new pillows would feel significantly firmer, that it would take about two months of nightly use to get to the same softness as the demos, and that there was no possible way to return the pillows once the seal was broken. I also posted a sign near the demos saying the same thing. I posted a blowup of the return policy near the registers. I had my cashiers circle the receipt and quote the part of that policy regarding items that could not be returned. So "Karens" always gave me receipts on which someine had circled that the pillows could not come back to us. Other managers would get worn out by the weight of privilege. Not I. I only cared about good service and profits. "Ma'am. It is illegal for me to repackage and sell this pillow. I have to destroy it. Destroying a $200 pillow is not only bad business for me, it is environmentally irresponsible. This pillow is yours to keep, or give as a gift. I am very sorry you don't like it though. I would like to give you my personal apology for your dissatisfaction, and this voucher for 25% off any item in the store that is our store brand."

"I want to speak to YOUR manager."

"Ma'am, I run this store all by myself today, and almost every day. I would love to accomodate you. I can have one of my associates show you a much softer pillow, and extend to you a 10% discount in addition to the 25% off voucher. You will also receive a free gift worth $20. No one is permitted to accept returns for pillows for the reasons I previously outlined. But these things I can do for you. I regret that you are unsatisfied with your purchase."

Men can be Karen too. An associate sold a $450 drone before drones were fashionable. We were trained by rhe manufacturer never to accept returns, but rather to let the manufacturer resolve issues themselves.

"This fucking thing broke already! I want my money back!"

"I have examined it. I see that it has damage from a crash. I can have an associate give you a flying lesson, though we will not be able to allow you to fly ours. Meanwhile, when you get home, just contact Parrot. They will send you replacement parts, or repair your drone for you. I am not permitted to accept returns. If I do, we will lose our license to sell these items. Parrot cares deeply about your satisfaction, and will absolutely make sure your drone flies again. It is under warranty still."

Karen's male counterpart then flies into a blind rage and smashes the drone beyond warranty and repair, screaming at me the whole time while I call security and the police.

Hilarious. Sometimes I miss retail.

I have a Karen story from a homecoming 10-year reunion at my alma mater.

I lived in a coed dorm full of overachievers, some of whom defined overachieving academically and some financially.

This particular woman I had seen in sweatpants, hung over, with her hair unwashed and all over her head, you name it. I’d thought she was down-to-earth until she married a Howdy Doody clone (only difference = dark hair) and he became a lawyer. She changed her life’s dream from being an elementary school teacher to being a lawyer’s wife.

So there she was, 10 years later,(over)dressed to the nines in a sheath dress and satin heels. At a lunchtime “go back to your college dorm room and see whether it’s changed much” activity. Yeah, okay.

She said, ultra-properly, as though she’d had both elocution and etiquette lessons in the intervening time, “Hello, <NCbear>,” and held out her hand.

With the palm down.

As though she thought I was supposed to kiss her hand or her ring or something.

(It was very My Fair Lady. You know, the scenes in which the Eliza Doolittle character over-enunciates and displays over-correct behavior.)

I stared at it for a couple of seconds and then decided to say what I was thinking, unfiltered. “What the hell am I supposed to do with that, Karen?”

Her hoity-toity response, still with that eerily over-correct pronunciation: “Well, you certainly haven’t changed a bit.” (I’d been known for my smart mouth.)

My riposte: “And you’ve changed too damned much, and not for the better. Goodbye, Karen.”

And I walked out while her mouth was still opening and closing, soundlessly.

NCbear (who sometimes thinks of the best possible zinger in the moment)

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I have a Karen story from a homecoming 10-year reunion at my alma mater.

I lived in a coed dorm full of overachievers, some of whom defined overachieving academically and some financially.

This particular woman I had seen in sweatpants, hung over, with her hair unwashed and all over her head, you name it. I’d thought she was down-to-earth until she married a Howdy Doody clone (only difference = dark hair) and he became a lawyer. She changed her life’s dream from being an elementary school teacher to being a lawyer’s wife.

So there she was, 10 years later,(over)dressed to the nines in a sheath dress and satin heels. At a lunchtime “go back to your college dorm room and see whether it’s changed much” activity. Yeah, okay.

She said, ultra-properly, as though she’d had both elocution and etiquette lessons in the intervening time, “Hello, <NCbear>,” and held out her hand.

With the palm down.

As though she thought I was supposed to kiss her hand or her ring or something.

(It was very My Fair Lady. You know, the scenes in which the Eliza Doolittle character over-enunciates and displays over-correct behavior.)

I stared at it for a couple of seconds and then decided to say what I was thinking, unfiltered. “What the hell am I supposed to do with that, Karen?”

Her hoity-toity response, still with that eerily over-correct pronunciation: “Well, you certainly haven’t changed a bit.” (I’d been known for my smart mouth.)

My riposte: “And you’ve changed too damned much, and not for the better. Goodbye, Karen.”

And I walked out while her mouth was still opening and closing, soundlessly.

NCbear (who sometimes thinks of the best possible zinger in the moment)
Wow.
Someone spent hours on how to land a rich dude YT. Where the most misunderstood and misused word is class and it’s derivatives.

Reactions: NCbear and 950483

lms28

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Me too - I have no idea what I just watched, but she's hilarious! Who is she? Does she do more of that shit?
Her comic timing and one liner delivery is terrific!

She goes by Sailor J. Here’s her YouTube channel.

If you watch nothing else of hers, be sure to watch her contouring video. It’s genius.

Sailor J