Just wanted to share my comedic love for Dane Cook.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My loathing of Dane Cook grows more and more pronounced each and every time I see him shilling for Major League Baseball on the MASN network. The first time I saw his stand-up routine I thought he was pretty funny. That's all he should ever do. That's all he's good at. But they keep putting him in more and more movies, tv shows, television commercials, whatever. He's terrible at this. He is such a god-awful leading man... completely homely, a poor actor, obnoxious mannerisms and vocal inflections, zero if not negative charisma and absolutely no screen presence to speak of, and the sex appeal that some women (and apparently men) see... I will never ever understand. =P

okay [end rant]

I'm glad you like him, Meg. =) Someone ought to. I sure as hell don't.

Willy_the_Wonka

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, he's obnoxious, and yeah, he doesn't have the star quality for leading man roles. There's definitely a lowbrow trailer park quality to him, AND he's too amped up on stage, like a motivational speaker. Some of his bits are cute, but homely? Naah. :smile:

And as far as STAYING power.....:shrug:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here's some of my favorite shit of his, for any poor, unfortunate souls who hadn't heard his stuff yet...

YouTube - Dane Cook
YouTube - Dane Cook - vicious circle - Brain Ninjas
YouTube - Dane Cook-Crying
Several people have have told me i remind them of this guy. I didnt know who he was till now. The passion with a sense of humor and energy. On the phone with my wife from work i had her take a look. She says this is me inside and out. Im being teased with emails to Dane from the women in her office. LMAO Dane Cook is very good thankyou for sharing this:smile: In the way he acts and speaks i can see me.

BIGdkluver

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm WILD about Dane Cook! I think he's handsome, hot, well built, and I HOPE he's hung like a horse!!

I want to see every film he makes to see if he does a nude scene in one of them.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know.. I use to love the Dane Cook... but after the whole LOUIS CK thing... [whom I fucking love] and the fact he continues to keep acting in awful movies, to make money, I think I'm falling off the 'dane train'.

Granted, i still a lot of comedy is funny and he ISN'T going anywhere.

But Nine Inch has a point...

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think that Dane's greatest talent is his very acute knack for making very insightful observations about human behavior. This is what makes his stand-up good. I'm still not a fan of his delivery, and that's all he has to rely on in scripted shitty movies or TV commercials. When he's not doing his own material or trying to act... things fall apart. just my take.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've never understood what people see in him. I watched about 20 minutes of his stand-up without laughing, then gave up. I wouldn't care either way if he wasn't showing up during baseball games though.