Just wanting your opinion?

prepky: A memeber recently stated that 7" was not considered big in the real world ( I realize what board we are on, and that the opinion was thiers to give), however, I was wondering what the rest of you all thought, would that be big in the real world?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
A 7" erection looks quite a bit longer than the average penis does, but it's gonna need extra girth to be called "big."

Not to say it's universally true but a 6-incher that's 6" around may make a more lasting impression on a woman than a 7- or 8-incher that's 5" around.

Heathcliff "Pecker" McMarmaduke

(The severity of the itch is proportional to the reach.)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Big is a very subjective term. 7" is certainly bigger than average. Some people will never encounter a penis as big as 7". Some people will say that it depends on the girth as well. In my opinion, 7" is not huge, monstrous, unwieldy or threatening, but it's certainly big enough to take notice of.

prepky: thanks for your opinions, as for the girth issue, lets say that the girth was in line with the length.....discuss ;D

jerkin4-10: well put whopper...but when you get down to it..big is anything above average...and 7" is above average...
everyone has and is entitled to their own opinions, but in my book...7" is big...not huge...but big

Tender: it seems that 7, 8 or 9 would be large.
and that anything above that would be, well, more than large.
i think over 9 or so wouldnt be considered large.
its in a new category.

does that make sense? :-/
sort of like small- average- large- and then really large...
i think a large would be nice, ;) but really large,,,well, it can be too large ...
so i think the 7, 8 and 9's are the luckiest guys... :)

Valkyrie: Just to set things straight (as I believe prepky is referring to my answer to a question he posed wanting to know what I think about hubby's size - just shy of 7" and just shy of 5.5" around - and if he was the biggest I had encountered). My original answer to his question is quoted below.

More than average - yes. Satisfied - yes. Big - no.  

I've had bigger (which he knows about, he's been present) - the guy who took my virginity was around 8x6, largest so far is 10x6.5.

The general thought of the quote above is something I've also stated several times elsewhere on the board. 7" is a nice size - something I enjoy and am able to accept as much and often as I like. But - big, at least for me (I would be inclined to think for several others too) starts above what is considered a "normal" erection size. Again - a direct statement from myself, also from the same thread as the one above:

He's at the (inserted for clarity - Val) Upper end of what's considered average - average erect penis is usually somewhere between 5-6 with a span from 4-7 being within "normal range". Upper end of average is also how he defines himself. He's bigger than what normally seen in a guy, but not really big in the way meant in this group.

I'm not too fond of a comment being taken out of context, nor am I too fond of being made out to look like something I'm not, i.e. a size queen (definition - choosing a partner primarily for the size of his penis, disregarding other aspects in favor of that attribute). I do like, and am fascinated by, larger than average - I will not contest that and I wouldn't be on this board if it wasn't the case. But size is not, has never been, and will never be the primary reason why I choose a partner - neither for long-term, nor for short-term. Again - yours very truly quoted from an entirely different thread:

But - just a huge cock attached to a guy who doesn't know how to turn me on otherwise, or doesn't know how to use it once in bed - is not attractive. It's a very nice bonus to someone who can get me all worked up just by his presence, words, hands, movements and all those other parts that are even more important than the size of his cock...

All in all - no, I don't consider 7" to be big - not in the sense "big outside of normal range". It is however in the very upper ranges of the average span of a male erection - not a small size in itself and definitely not a size to be ashamed of.

/Val

prepky: well to be honest Val==it was not your comment that made me wonder, (and for the record I am above 7 ) I could see where you would have thought this, but this is a board about penis size and there are size references made everywhere, but I do apologize that you thought I was calling you a size queen or taking your statement out of context, but it was not your statement that I referenced......If it was your statement, I would have responded back to the thread in which you typed it...

ORCABOMBER: Personally, 7 IS NOT something to be ashamed of at all IMVHO. ;D

Valkyrie: ~*smiling*~

Prepky - apology accepted. No hard feelings... :)

I guess you might say it's a "hot spot" of mine - having been called size queen a few times too many when I in fact never have defined myself as one...

And as has been said elsewhere in this thread - the definition of "big" is a very personal one - big for one person is average to the seconds and huge to the third.

/Val

rainfletcher:
And as has been said elsewhere in this thread - the definition of "big" is a very personal one - big for one person is average to the seconds and huge to the third.

Yes and no, I think.

An individual person's (male or female) opinion on whether or not 7 inches is 'big' depends on their experience and preference.

However, there is a statistical average. And I think Val said it perfectly well. 7" is probably better than average, or on the high side of a broad range of average.

Damn, why do I always feel like I'm just stating the obvious? I can almost feel DoubleMeatWhopper and Dee and Gigs rolling their eyes at my posts...ugh. ::)

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=Valkyrie link=board=meetgreet;num=1065384227;start=0#6 date=10/06/03 at 00:45:20] But - big, at least for me (I would be inclined to think for several others too) starts above what is considered a "normal" erection size.[/quote]

The use of the word normal in this context sets my teeth on edge. The notion big cock = abnormal is not a comfortable thought to many of us well-hung men.

Valkyrie: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1065384227;start=0#11 date=10/06/03 at 10:41:19]The use of the word normal in this context sets my teeth on edge. The notion big cock = abnormal is not a comfortable thought to many of us well-hung men.
[/quote]

~*sigh*~

Things get more and more complicated the more you try to explain...

Normal = within two standard deviations from a statistically calculated mean value - nothing else. Not meant as being related to "norm", not meant as being related to "abnormal", not meant as being related to "freak" - or any other connotation you may find.

I'm not normal in my chest size, you guys are not normal in your cock size - that doesn't make either of us abnormal...

/Val

Tender: look,
ill set the record straight here.... ::)
aaaaaall of you guys have nice cocks............ :-*
youll hear no complaints from me... ha ha

there!!
feel better?

;)
Tender

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, let me try to explain my objection. In a medical context, normal commonly means "free from disease, malformation or aberrance". Considering the fact we're speaking about an anatomical feature, the medical definition is the one that immediately springs to mind, and I find it unsettling to think of my penis as a physiological anomaly. On this site, we hear from many men who have been made to feel like freaks due to their endowment. To continue referring to us as 'not normal' reinforces that negative self-image. That's why I consider using the word 'normal' as referring to 'someone other than us' a poor choice. I have no objection to the term 'exceptional'; it doesn't carry the negative connotation of 'not normal'. "He has an exceptional penis." That sounds so much better than, "His penis is not normal." That makes it sound like the cock in question has two heads and scales, or something.

Excuse me if I sound like I have a hangup about words. As a MA in English literature, I find language to be more than just a convenient tool for basic communication. I think the choice of words can convey more than the speaker intends. You might not have intended anything negative, but phrasing it in words commonly used in a negative sense made me interpret it differently than you intended.

Valkyrie: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1065384227;start=0#14 date=10/06/03 at 13:21:25]Excuse me if I sound like I have a hangup about words. As a MA in English literature, I find language to be more than just a convenient tool for basic communication. I think the choice of words can convey more than the speaker intends. You might not have intended anything negative, but phrasing it in words commonly used in a negative sense made me interpret it differently than you intended. [/quote]

...such are the pitfalls of not having English as your mother tongue and still trying to convey a meaning...

No intention - neither negative, nor positive - meant by the choice of that word. And of course - a native speaker will always know their language far better than I ever will be able to (even though I usually consider my self fairly advanced...)

/Val

longtimelurker: I was just going to make the same point Val :)

Unfortunately we can't be too fussy about picking alternative meanings in words - particularly seeing that English may be the second, or even third language of quite a few of our posters. Especially seeing that the term 'normal' has such common usage.

On terms of the matter in point, though - I'd say that I'd class 'large' in the scientific term of being outside the boundaries that 95% of the population fits in. Can't be bothered to draw out my bell-curve right now to find where that is, but I'd imagine that it would be somewhere around the 7-7.5 mark.

But considering that 5.5-6 (lets say 5.75) is the average, 7" is still over 20% above the average size. Especially considering that the longer penis is probably more likely to have additional girth as well.

9cyclops9: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1065384227;start=0#14 date=10/06/03 at 13:21:25]
Excuse me if I sound like I have a hangup about words. As a MA in English literature, I find language to be more than just a convenient tool for basic communication. I think the choice of words can convey more than the speaker intends. You might not have intended anything negative, but phrasing it in words commonly used in a negative sense made me interpret it differently than you intended. [/quote]

Well said. I was wondering if you were naturally very articulate. I'm impressed.

Valkyrie:
You are also very articulate. I had never thought about English being your second language (shows how much I think about such things). And I do understand how things can get lost in translation. My roommate is from Israel and has only lived in America for a bit over a month. Yeah, there's lots of confusion in my room.

John

Krowax: For the record.

Definition of sizequeen: Someone who always is in search of bigger sized penises than what their current and former partners have posessed. They never get enough. If you fit this description, you're probably a sizequeen.

Tender: [quote author=Krowax link=board=meetgreet;num=1065384227;start=0#18 date=10/07/03 at 04:19:57]For the record.

Definition of sizequeen: Someone who always is in search of bigger sized penises than what their current and former partners have posessed. They never get enough. If you fit this description, you're probably a sizequeen.[/quote]

hm.
i always had other words for those kind?!
:D