Just wondering why

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Going through the pages here at LPSG I noticed a great many threads relating to George W. Bush, the majority of them being negative and the responses being equally negative with regards to President Bush. Well, you know this piqued my interest and I began to wonder just why people who claim to detest, loathe, abhor, despise George W.Bush would devote so much time and energy to him. If he is indeed the failure that you have deemed him to be, and an idiot, and a moron and stupid, and...well, you get the idea just toss in your own negative word...then why bother talking about him? It is not merely a matter of spewing rage, there is the added oddity that while doing this, there is never a sign (or even a sigh) which would indicate who you think will do a better job come January of 2009 when George W.Bush leaves 1600 Pennsyvania Avenue. Can you at least offer something there?

The truth of the matter is, that he (President Bush) is in his last years of his final term as President. In a fairly short time he will be out of office, someone else will be in his place and the pages of history will be the final judges on how President Bush was as a President...why waste all your eneries on someone you dislike so much? Do you devote as much time and energy to the local town council or the person who cut you off on the road last week or anyone else? Do you emote to such extremes over the dog who pissed on your favorite begonia? The squirrel who died in your attic? The traffic signal which takes more than a minute to change? Get over it people. George W. Bush is a temporary (all Presidents are) and there will be another temporary when he is gone. A temporary who will just about be guarenteed to be hated by a large portion of persons in a short time...they all are since it is impossible to please everyone all the time.

So, once again, I am puzzled as to what makes people go on and on about someone they claim to have such hatred for. It's a puzzlement to say the least.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You don't have your age posted, so it's hard to know how much world experience you have.

You have to understand that not everyone who has something negative to say is expressing "hatred" of the person... nor is it a partisan matter for some of us. I claim neither of the "parties in power." I think both have done a dismal job of the stewardship of this country, with which they have been entrusted.

My main objections to the bush administration is that the policies that they get ramrodded through are in direct violation of constitutional precepts, and even of other laws (if you have ever actually read the text of most federal laws, they have a preamble of "any other law notwithstanding..." which, in layman's terms, means "this law is in conflict with existing law, and we will apply whichever law is convenient at the time."

You comment that bush's time in the white house is dwindling. That may be so, but he is leaving behind a legacy of grossly partisan supreme court justices (for life), and policy.

I'm not sure why you don't understand what good discussing the issues does. When I post, I hope that I may bring up a point that had not occurred to someone else. I know that when I read, I often add to my understanding. Not that I take someone's word for it, but at least it brings up something I had not thought about before, and encourages me to look it up and decide for myself how it fits in the big picture.

Most people do not have time to read everything that is printed and listen to everything that is said about any given topic. It is helpful to have a mechanism in place to keep salient issues in the forefront.

Regardless of the end result, the tactics used by bush and his advisors are just not acceptable, and the people need to be aware of that. Whether it is benign at this time or not, some of those policy shifts can be used as precedent, in the future, to make my country a truly horrible place. I just don't want that to happen.

Please find an annotated copy of The Constitution of the United States of America, and read it carefully, several times... even the boring parts. It's a terribly important document, and it is being slowly, slyly, dismantled.

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Personally I'm just annoyed that my countries law is governed by Europe and foreign policy by America, then have the cheek to start moaning about Deeemoooocraaaaaccccyy every 10 minutes like an Emo crying in slow motion.

Oh yeah, and like Hitler, everyone loves a villain. :biggrin1:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These opinions that seem to amaze you are far more acceptable than apathy which never achieves anything positive in my opinion.

jeremyA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
We talk about him because he is a moron and he is the most powerful man in the world for some god forsaken reason and it scares the shit out of anyone with half a brain.As I have said before it seems that americans dont seem able to understand the fact that all politicains are lowlife scum and for some increadable reason seen always to vote for the one with an IQ of a paper cup or is criminaly insane or both, trouble is we are never going to get rid of the little twat unless someone shoots him or he is repleaced by kermit the frog.

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Your grandchildren and their grandchildren will be paying for what Bush is doing. The ill-will from the rest of the world and the monstrous budgetary deficits he's created will last for generations.

He has done more harm to this country in 7 years than any president in history, and the harm he's done will last for decades, if the nation can recover at all.

He is responsible, through his lies and deceit leading to a war based on false pretenses, for the deaths of nearly 3,000 American soldiers, and the permanent maiming of thousands more, not to mention the deaths of over 100,000 innocent Iraqi civilians.

He has, since his appointment by the Supreme Court (because we all know he wasn't elected, but appointed), been in the pockets of the oil industry and Halliburton. A simple perusal of the policies put forth by the Project for a New American Century will tell you that the entire agenda of this administration existed and was planned years before Bush took office, and the signatories to that plan are to this day involved in policy making decisions in his administration.

A better question would be why YOU object to anyone calling him on it.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
ManiacalMadMan said:
Do you devote as much time and energy to the local town council or the person who cut you off on the road last week or anyone else? Do you emote to such extremes over the dog who pissed on your favorite begonia? The squirrel who died in your attic? The traffic signal which takes more than a minute to change?

The actions of the President of the US are just a tiny bit more far-reaching and consequential than those above.:rolleyes: So, personally, I really don't give a shit about any of those things on your list (maybe the "local town council" somewhat), but yes, the actions of President Bush make me extremely concerned and often angry; and more importantly, moved to action. Hope that's simple enough for you.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ManiacalMadMan said:
Going through the pages here at LPSG I noticed a great many threads relating to George W. Bush, the majority of them being negative and the responses being equally negative with regards to President Bush. Well, you know this piqued my interest and I began to wonder just why people who claim to detest, loathe, abhor, despise George W.Bush would devote so much time and energy to him. If he is indeed the failure that you have deemed him to be, and an idiot, and a moron and stupid, and...well, you get the idea just toss in your own negative word...then why bother talking about him? It is not merely a matter of spewing rage, there is the added oddity that while doing this, there is never a sign (or even a sigh) which would indicate who you think will do a better job come January of 2009 when George W.Bush leaves 1600 Pennsyvania Avenue. Can you at least offer something there?

The truth of the matter is, that he (President Bush) is in his last years of his final term as President. In a fairly short time he will be out of office, someone else will be in his place and the pages of history will be the final judges on how President Bush was as a President...why waste all your eneries on someone you dislike so much? Do you devote as much time and energy to the local town council or the person who cut you off on the road last week or anyone else? Do you emote to such extremes over the dog who pissed on your favorite begonia? The squirrel who died in your attic? The traffic signal which takes more than a minute to change? Get over it people. George W. Bush is a temporary (all Presidents are) and there will be another temporary when he is gone. A temporary who will just about be guarenteed to be hated by a large portion of persons in a short time...they all are since it is impossible to please everyone all the time.

So, once again, I am puzzled as to what makes people go on and on about someone they claim to have such hatred for. It's a puzzlement to say the least.

But here you're 'going on about it' to regurgitate it once more.

We get it. You like the moron. Good for you.

Moreover it cannot be lost on you that this board is by-in-large a liberal place. Work with us.

How can you possibly be 80% gay and have anything (speaking totally from a subjective point of view) but disdain for him? Leave out all the rest of his drawbacks.... but how can you sanction his treatment of your own brothers and sisters?:33:

F_Man

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The American president has such a dramatic effect on the world politics that "the world" should be able to vote for him!
In Europe it's commonplace to find the view on the current state of the USA "as a machine" that it's controlled by the religious right wing, by the corrupt deals-seeking war industry, by powers who have only the oil-flow in mind and who think that the green-house effect is something that belongs to Sweden only. Bush's bunch is viewed as power-blinded jack-asses who, if they had a real mother, would get slapped 10 times on their bum cheeks and sent to a dark closet -no lollipop- for a day to feel ashamed, and over again if they misbehaved more. No Mom in sight... The stupidity of GWB and the possibilities for corrupt politics in the USA seem unlimited.

Underneath the seemingly sacred label "freedom" and "free enterprise", things are done and valued in the USA that would be considered criminal elsewhere.

This, of course, has nothing to do with the fact that I've had 2 great loves in the States, or that I've enjoyed choice American men & dicks, or that I like really great burgers :wink:

Balls from Finland

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you Finland.

Forgive us this temporary blight on our record. I trust ere long we'll come to our senses and be able to proudly display our stars and stripes once more.

I'm pretty tired of keeping my American flag in the closet on the Fourth of July...:redface:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ManiacalMadMan said:
Going through the pages here at LPSG I noticed a great many threads relating to George W. Bush, the majority of them being negative ..........So, once again, I am puzzled as to what makes people go on and on about someone they claim to have such hatred for. It's a puzzlement to say the least.

Well, consider the sheer volume of debate (not all of which is hyperbole) about this man and his negative impact on global freedoms and security, those being yours and my freedoms and security remember. If it's really necessary to explain why this should be, then I would suggest you are beyond any meaningful appeciation of that explanation.

For me at least, the true problem is not so much bush as what he and his kind (and his cronies on this side of the pond) represent. Bush is just a convenient target.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
ManiacalMadMan said:
troll score:
originality 1/10 (not only have you made the same troll before, it's also 6 years old now)
effort 6/10 (i'm being generous here, taking into account the fact that it must be pretty difficult for anyone so mentally deficient to use a keyboard in the first place)
execution 3/10 (poorly thought-out; repetitive; hopelessly transparent)
----------
total score 10/30 (E-). an ann coulter-level troll, highly unlikely to draw any response beyond rolling eyes and sadly shaken heads. back of the class for you.

joker

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
jeremyA said:
We talk about him because he is a moron and he is the most powerful man in the world for some god forsaken reason and it scares the shit out of anyone with half a brain.As I have said before it seems that americans dont seem able to understand the fact that all politicains are lowlife scum and for some increadable reason seen always to vote for the one with an IQ of a paper cup or is criminaly insane or both, trouble is we are never going to get rid of the little twat unless someone shoots him or he is repleaced by kermit the frog.

I love you...:biggrin1:

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dr Rock said:
troll score:
originality 1/10 (not only have you made the same troll before, it's also 6 years old now)
Not possible since 6 years ago and even 4 years ago I had no idea that this site existed...not even 2 years ago.
Dr Rock said:
effort 6/10 (i'm being generous here, taking into account the fact that it must be pretty difficult for anyone so mentally deficient to use a keyboard in the first place)
Not to mention the drool that must be oozing from my mouth since I am clearly an idiot...in your eyes.
Dr Rock said:
execution 3/10 (poorly thought-out; repetitive; hopelessly transparent)
Is it proper to place two semi-colons in one sentence?
----------
Dr Rock said:
total score 10/30 (E-). an ann coulter-level troll, highly unlikely to draw any response beyond rolling eyes and sadly shaken heads. back of the class for you.
Well, if nothing else it elicited a response from you so apparently it has some merit and is of some concern to you.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
DC_DEEP said:
You don't have your age posted, so it's hard to know how much world experience you have.

You comment that bush's time in the white house is dwindling. That may be so, but he is leaving behind a legacy of grossly partisan supreme court justices (for life), and policy.

Regardless of the end result, the tactics used by bush and his advisors are just not acceptable,.

Please find an annotated copy of The Constitution of the United States of America, and read it carefully, several times... even the boring parts. It's a terribly important document, and it is being slowly, slyly, dismantled.

My age is between 45 and death...which I realize some people are probably hoping will happen very soon.

Bush is not the first President to tilt a Supreme Court roster in one direction...and most likely will not be the last.

I have read the aforementioned material and do indeed understand your concerns but what are YOU doing about it that is actually constructive?

ETA123

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ManiacalMadMan said:
Not possible since 6 years ago and even 4 years ago I had no idea that this site existed...not even 2 years ago.
He was actually referring to your argument, not you. He was basically saying that you're rehashing 6 year old pundit talking points, which is basically true.

I have to ask yet again, what gay man, in his right mind, would offer any support to this administration who sees you as nothing more than a political wedge issue?

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Stronzo said:
How can you possibly be 80% gay and have anything (speaking totally from a subjective point of view) but disdain for him? Leave out all the rest of his drawbacks.... but how can you sanction his treatment of your own brothers and sisters?:33:

Good Lord! Not that idiotic one again! I voted for George W.Bush for a number of reasons and one of them was that his competitor offered nothing that moved me and in addition to that, they offered nothing in the way of helping gay rights move forward. In the final picture, when I entered my vote it was based on who I thought might lead this Nation in the best direction and with the most belief in the Nation as a whole. Find me the tapes or transcripts of John Kerry supporting gay rights...I mean really supporting them not just going along with some partyline rhetoric. I found it welcoming and warming and wonderful when George W. Bush indicated that he just doesn't get gay marriage. At least he was being honest about it, if he is as dimwitted as many people claim, then it should be fairly simple to get him to support not only gay marriage; but, across the board gay rights since the average simpleton will do whatever they are told to do.

I am sick and tired of people deciding that because a person is of a certain sexual orientation that they must adhere to liberal ticket voting.