JustAsking appreciation thread

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gentle, reasoned, intelligent. Yeah, I've had the brain-hots for him for a long time!

I'm just waiting for him to post his usual "aw, shucks, I ain't nothin' special" disclaimer.

Oh, yah, modest too.

Quite a few of the online idiots accuse me of hating all religions and all believers, but especially christians. Funny that my "if I had to choose just one LPSG member to meet & chat" choice would have to go to him - one of our most devout christians.

QFT.

I truly enjoy the dialogues on here that JA becomes involved in.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Snoozan and i have this attraction to one another because we are both dorks too! And i've been hooked on JustAsking's dorkiness since i first came here. Gets me all warm and fuzzy!

And another dork has graced us Guy-Jin is very much a nerd that i can sink my teeth into....

I'm a big fan of that JustAsking guy. :cool:
Thanks David for starting this thread. I think you may have been responding to something I said in a previous thread, where I wondered if I was either full of shit of just liking to hear myself talk. That was just a flippant comment, so you don't have to worry about me feeling unappreciated. I get my ego gratification by mouthing off in the threads, whether anyone acknowledges them or not.

If that was not the reason, then double thanks for starting the thread.

Rubi, speedo, viking, rob, guy, hazel, are all good friends who I converse with frequently here. Nick, jovial and primal, are frequently in the good conversations here in the rarified atmosphere of "etc, etc". All of you guys are part of my day, as I take breaks from software development. Starting a company is really exhausting so I really welcome my discussions with my LPSG deviant friends.

As for dorks, I think the reason why we all like it here because we are mostly a collection of people who are about 10 degrees off course from the rest of world. We are a motley collection of gays, dorks, wackos, political refugees, social oddities and other slightly disenfranchised people who all seem to want to avoid the conventional and "unexamined life". I don't mean to imply that this is a bad thing. My point is that it is a great thing.

To me, this place feels like a bar in an off main street neighborhood of Greenwich Village where interesting people of all kinds come and celebrate thier collective talents and perversions. All you need to do is walk around the place and stop in and join conversations on almost any subject from any point of view. You can stop by a group discussing something esoteric where one guy might have on a shirt and tie, and another might have 20 studs in his face.

Tragically, Lefever had it all wrong in his exit eulogy. The in-crowd here is not the upstanding members of their communities. Otherwise, we would be on the Rotary Club forum and not the LPSG forum.

The people here are all remarkable, yes. But not for all the reasons Lafever thought they are. If he had paid attention more closely, like Mem101 did, he would have soon found that there was a place for him here.

Finally, I need to acknowledge DC_Deep who has managed to become a good and loyal friend here on LPSG. DC is one with whom I would not hesitate to go into a knife fight with him at my back.

Thanks everyone.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

Finally, I need to acknowledge DC_Deep who has managed to become a good and loyal friend here on LPSG. DC is one with whom I would not hesitate to go into a knife fight with him at my back.

And if you would go into a knife fight with him (As would I), then I would equally have your back as well.

People are known by the company they keep.

You rock JA. It's as simple as that.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
JA,

From the beginning, I have been so taken by your deeply thought provoking and humane take on the human condition. You are such a great asset to this community of sorts. In a plethora of subjects, you present your arguments clearly intelligently and so that even the most passionate opponent to your take on things has to step back and at least consider the possibilities. Thank you for being you and for being here. You arent here near often enough.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Meg,
It looks like you posted while I was writing my ode to snoozan. Yes, I would look forward to that conversation. For some reason, I get the image of books, tea, and cats. Where does that come from?

Books, tea, and cats, eh? Sounds good to me!

Can the cat be a white tiger, please? :biggrin:

I appreciate you.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And if you would go into a knife fight with him (As would I), then I would equally have your back as well.

People are known by the company they keep.

You rock JA. It's as simple as that.

A "you rock" from The Rock of LPSG is an honor indeed.

JA,

From the beginning, I have been so taken by your deeply thought provoking and humane take on the human condition. You are such a great asset to this community of sorts. In a plethora of subjects, you present your arguments clearly intelligently and so that even the most passionate opponent to your take on things has to step back and at least consider the possibilities. Thank you for being you and for being here. You arent here near often enough.
Naughty,
You are another one of those eclectic LPSG members whose lives have something unique about them. I was just about to defend myself regarding that "not here often enough" comment when I noticed that you and I joined LPSG in the same year, but your post count is ten times mine. What I like about you is that you always seem to be taking care of someone around here. We should call you Sister Naughty. Thanks for being such a good friend. You are a marvelous creature.

Books, tea, and cats, eh? Sounds good to me!

Can the cat be a white tiger, please? :biggrin:

I appreciate you.
White tiger? For you, my dear, anything you want.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A "you rock" from The Rock of LPSG is an honor indeed.

Naughty,
You are another one of those eclectic LPSG members whose lives have something unique about them. I was just about to defend myself regarding that "not here often enough" comment when I noticed that you and I joined LPSG in the same year, but your post count is ten times mine. What I like about you is that you always seem to be taking care of someone around here. We should call you Sister Naughty.

White tiger? For you, my dear, anything you want.

JA,

To be fair to you, the joining date mentioned is misleading. I joined in late 2002 but because of a glich when Mark switched servers I had to rejoin . So I started over with a new name.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It all started the evening I went up on the roof of my building to watch the sunset ..........................................................She smiled at me and said, "Yeah, I get that a lot.", and she turned to lead me off the roof.

I enjoyed reading that more than I'd enjoyed any of the pieces of writing in the fictional section (despite it not really being erotica), it was effortlessly written and beautifully descriptive.

More :)

I've read all the posts of a handful of members and he's one of them. He's one of the few people who live the categorical imperative and I honor him in thought and regard.

JustAsking is a good man among common men.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've read all the posts of a handful of members and he's one of them. He's one of the few people who live the categorical imperative and I honor him in thought and regard.

JustAsking is a good man among common men.
I wish I could live up to an ideal like that, but I am afraid I Kant.

I wish I could live up to an ideal like that, but I am afraid I Kant.

I can assure you I'm manuelly editing my critique. Of pure reason it stands that you are whom you seem to be.

No matter the dreams of a spirit, seer you shall always be.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh man. I have no idea what to say, when these comments are coming from some of the men and women who I admire the most on here. Thank you all so much.

And yeah, women! How cool is it to get such kind words from such beautiful and intelligent women as bliss, sp, brh, and ...*sigh*.... snoozan. (Sorry to single out snoozan, but she and I have a special attraction to each other's dorkiness.) Let me tell you how it got started.

It all started the evening I went up on the roof of my building to watch the sunset. She completed her miraculous unfolding, turning confidently in the process, ending up face to face with me. As she came into focus, I found myself looking at an angel's face, which looked like it was as precisely and carefully constructed as the rest of her. Her chin and cheekbones seemed to actually have edges and her narrow nose was narrow and equally stylized...... edited version,sorry JA.

She smiled at me and said, "Yeah, I get that a lot.", and she turned to lead me off the roof.

Beautifully,and thoughtfully well written, as are all of Just Asking's, posts.
Mr. Ed and I, so admire you! I think we all appreciate the thoughtful way you manage to answer all comers,regardless of how silly,some of the questions are.You are such a great guy,we would love to meet you sometime. Yes, this is an invitation to come visit us in Boston,should you turn up, in our area. Please do!
cigarbabe:saevil: