Kan. Couple Married 67 Years Die Hours Apart

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Principessa, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Principessa

Gold Member

Kan. Couple Married 67 Years Die Hours Apart

This is the sweetest and most poignant story I've ever seen in a newspaper. My mom wants she and dad to go just like in The Notebook. :heart:

2. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Clearly they weren't inseparable. Their family chose to take care of them apart which I think was cruel.

Btw, nj, you and these human interest/news threads...

3. Principessa

Gold Member

I noticed that and there must have been a reason. Perhaps the same facility was full or one needed special care that the other didn't. I dunno. :dunno:

What? :irked: It's sad yet heart warming. IMO, It's a feel good, human interest story. Maybe it will bring hope to someone who had lost faith in finding true love.

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I know honey, but I'm not the only one who occasionally thinks you're becoming redundant. Love you madly, though.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

At least they lived long full lives. Hopefully more people can live that happily together.

6. D_Andreas Sukov

D_Andreas Sukov Account Disabled

thats sweet.

7. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

true love, nice to hear, although they are dead...

8. D_Portelay Porquesword

How sad, yet life affirming. True love does exist! I think when it's time to care for the elderly, those involved and close to them make the best decision possible at the time. Perhaps the family thought it best to separate them in order to give them the best possible care. It sounds to me like their relationship must have commanded that kind of respect/consideration from others close to them.

NJ, continuing doing your best and post those stories you feel are relevant. We get enough dick (good and bad) and noise from all of the butt trumpets blaring about on here as it is.

You are doing just fine. Thank you for sharing it, I chose to read it.

#8 D_Portelay Porquesword, Apr 19, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  9. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmmmm, maybe they died because they WERE apart...

10. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Thanks for sharing that story NJ it was very sweet and I thought of "The Notebook" when I saw the thread...BTW if people don't want to look at a thread they are under no obligation to open it. I'm sure mine is not the only computer with a scroll feature.

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Sort of an update to the original post is that Hawaii overturns law keeping married couple apart. I wonder how many other states currently have such laws on the books?

12. Meniscus

Gold Member

My grandparents were married for 67 years. If my grandmother had died first, I'm sure my grandfather would have died shortly thereafter. The only reason he lived as long as he did was for her. He finally deteriorated to a point where he couldn't hold on any longer, and died in his sleep.

My grandmother, who had Alzheimer's, lived for another couple of years, but she couldn't retain the knowledge that he had died. When we would visit she would ask, "Where's Walter?" and we'd just say, "Oh, you know him, he's off getting into trouble somewhere." (Which was probably true. He was quite the rascal in life, and I can't imagine he'd be any different in death.) Every now and then she'd have moments of clarity when she'd say softly, "I miss Walter." God, that broke my heart.

This song reminds me of my grandfather. He always told me never to grow old, but he forgot to tell me how.
    http://www.lyricsdir.com/cowboy-junkies-those-final-feet-lyrics.html

You can hear a sample of the song at amazon.com.
    Amazon.com: Miles from Our Home: Cowboy Junkies: Music

Draft saved Draft deleted