Karl Rove to resign at end of month

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Top White House advisor Karl Rove is set to resign at the end of August according to an interview he gave to the Wall Street Journal.

Why is he quitting? Scandal erruptus that we do not know about, or going over to mastermind some republican's 2008 campaign? or has he given up all pretensions and is just going to go over to Hillary and Obama and strangle them with his bare hands to " help the cause"?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Top White House advisor Karl Rove is set to resign at the end of August according to an interview he gave to the Wall Street Journal.

Why is he quitting? Scandal erruptus that we do not know about, or going over to mastermind some republican's 2008 campaign? or has he given up all pretensions and is just going to go over to Hillary and Obama and strangle them with his bare hands to " help the cause"?
I imagine his "resignation" is only titular. He'll still be pulling strings, but no one will be able to pin anything "official" on him. Be prepared for this to be an unpleasant drama in the unfolding.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
It's the smartest move that Rove could make at this time:

• He's involved in several Congressional investigations - Scooter Libby & the Valerie Plame operative leak, Gonzalez' fiasco with politically movitated attorney firings etc.
  • He is the mastermind behind the administration's neo-conservative agenda, yet he seems to be involved in in-fighting with Republicans on Capital Hilll. So, he's been (dubiously) brilliant as a strategist, but nearly all of his plans have encountered resistance and generated acrimony.
If he were to remain, he would basically be behind the 8 ball with several months to go before the end of the term. Even though he's hard to reach, a lot of ill will is directed his way.

There's an article in this past issue of The Atlantic Monthly that discusses Karl Rove's "Failed Presidency" at length (at least 8 full pages of the magazine). I wish there were an electronic version that I could share or quote from, but the magazine is still primarily a print magazine.

Rove may be going out relatively quietly, but his departure is quite impactful. When history examines the Bush administration, we will probably see Rove's name (and Cheney's) as being the master conspirator behind much of the failed policies of the Bush administration

BurningVenus

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wonder what's next for him?
Perhaps he'll reprise his fledgling rap career?:eek:

YouTube - Rapping Rove

Or maybe he'll go to Arlington and dance on the graves of the soldiers who gave their lives for the illicit war he helped create.

In a just world, he'd spend every day of his life emptying bed pans in Veteran's hospitals.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder what's next for him?
Perhaps he'll reprise his fledgling rap career?:eek:

YouTube - Rapping Rove

Or maybe he'll go to Arlington and dance on the graves of the soldiers who gave their lives for the illicit war he helped create.

In a just world, he'd spend every day of his life emptying bed pans in Veteran's hospitals.

My mom devoted her life to the VA as a nurse and rose to Assistant Director of a hospital. Growing up we were around those guys and I have nothing but respect for them which is why I say Rove doesn't even rate the dignity to change their bed pans. If anything, he should be a bed pan considering what he helped "sling" during this administration.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad he's leaving and hope Congress gets its act together enough to really investigate his activities.
I haven't researched the laws enough to know the details, but I have seen several articles about other white house appointees who have been involved in some questionable or downright illegal activities; they resign, and then apparently the Congress and the Department of Justice are either unwilling or unable to pursue it. I don't know if it's some loophole in the laws, or just common practice.

Now that he's gone (or soon to be gone), one can question to what extent he is protected by 'executive privilege'. He and other White House or pseudo-White House officials are so fond of invoking executive privilege, but let's see how well he does without it...
Executive privilege could have some rare, legitimate uses, but this administration has screeched "Executive privilege!" every time they get caught doing something wrong. It's disgusting.

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Just another in the crew who decided to jump ship! I don't think Rove himself will be remembered at all in history.(Except maybe as an over zealous meglomaniac!) Nothing that he really wanted came to be, especially cementing the Republican Party's majority in the House and Senate! Oh Poor Karl!:tongue:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My mom devoted her life to the VA as a nurse and rose to Assistant Director of a hospital. Growing up we were around those guys and I have nothing but respect for them which is why I say Rove doesn't even rate the dignity to change their bed pans. If anything, he should be a bed pan considering what he helped "sling" during this administration.
And those of us who are veterans, and use the VAMC system appreciate her dedication! Thank you.