Katherine Heigl Hates Balls...

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Way too funny. Loved the punching bags. Great link.

I did too. Josh kelly graduated from my school and his father is a dr with my ex FIL. They are true humanitarians and just finished a wonderful park named after Lady Antebellum that includes a huge dog park and a fund to help families pay for spaying and neutering of their pets. Great that they're giving back to a reletively small community like ours! They also helped raise a ton of money for the local Children's Medical Center which is near and dear to my heart because of my 5 year olds battle with cancer.

Just a genuinely wonderful couple and band! :smile:

tworites

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Sorry to say I am a breeder.

So am I. I strongly feel that if you cannot handle an animal exactly the way it is, you shouldn't own one. Its not very hard at all to keep an intact dog from making unwanted puppies. You just have to not be a complete and utter idiot. Even when neutered or spayed, dogs owned by complete and utter idiots are still untrained nuisances or dangers to their community, running at large, getting into other peoples property, trash, or getting hit by cars or attacking dogs or kids.

Just be a responsible owner and we wouldn't have to have a mass campaign recommending you chop off bits of your dogs. :rolleyes:

B_prettyswinggirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My next door neighbors claim to be responsible breeders, yet their female American Bulldog burst through my fenced in yard and tried to attack my kids last week with no provocation. My Akita, who's military trained and spayed, is all that kept the other dog at bay.

Military dogs are routinely spayed and neutered to keep health issues to a minimum and to keep their focus on the jobs they are required to perform. My Akita is focused on us instead of constantly going in and out of heat and wanting to wander and break out of our yard like that dog did. It took 2 animal control officers to subdue the enraged dog.

While you both may be responsible breeders, the majority of breeders I've come across don't seem to be. I've helped rescue multiple dogs from breeders that were actually puppy mills. I've had 2 blind pugs and a pug that had deformed legs. Nothing will convince me that keeping dogs and cats 'intact' is a good idea. There are plenty of shelter animals who need homes and are euthenized instead. My Sachiko was a lucky one who was a puppy rescue by an ex marine who worked with the k9 unit and I was blessed enough to be chosen to have her when her training was done.