Keep Dolby TrueHD audio and DTS-HD Master Audio of a Blu-ray movie

B_john191103

Just Browsing
Media
Keep Dolby TrueHD audio and DTS-HD Master Audio of a Blu-ray movie

About Dolby TrueHD audio
Dolby TrueHD, the next-generation lossless compression technology, is intended primarily for high-definition home-entertainment equipment such as Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. The technology provides an excellent high-definition audio, which is identical with master tapes of a recording studio, so that giving users a true high-definition entertainment experience.
About DTS-HD Master Audio
DTS-HD Master Audio is a lossless audio codec created by Digital Theater System, which is an optional audio format for both Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. It is able to deliver all of the information from the original master recording, allow a bit-to-bit representation of what the sound engineers laid down.
Since Dolby TrueHD technology and DTS-HD Master Audio deliver unprecedented home theater experience, there may be no one willing to loose the wonderful audio while backup a Blu-ray movie. The thing is that most Blu-ray rippers in the market can not recognize the two stunning audios at all, and this may be the probable thing that troubles you a lot. With luck, I found an available Blu-ray converter via Google by chance, and my pleasure to share its detailed operating steps here, sincerely hope it will be of some help for you folks who are feeling headache about this problem.
Software I will use is called Pavtube Blu-Ray Ripper, it is able to read TureHD audio and DTS Master Audio, and output them as 5.1 channels. Here I will take keeping Dolby TrueHD audio for instance to show you how to retain the original attributes during the course of Blu-ray ripping. 
Step 1: Load Blu-ray movies
There are three ways to import Blu-ray files: "DVD Rom", "DVD Folder", and "IFO/ISO".

Step 2: Select Dolby TrueHD audio, output format and set destination folder
Now you just tick off on what you want to copy. Normally select the .m2ts video stream with the longest playing time, because it is usually the main movie of the Blu-ray. If in doubt, you can preview the selected stream in the video pane to the right to check it. You can also tick several .m2ts files, if you want to copy the extras of the Blu-ray movie. Note that you can also combine everything into one file via ticking the checkbox "Merge into one file".
Look at the "Audio" option, usually a Blu-ray movie has several audio tracks, Dolby TrueHD audio is among them. Generally speaking, the first one should be Dolby TrueHD, or you can play it to check if it is what you want.
At the same time, you should select output format from the drop-down list of "Format", here I choose "MKV HD Video (*.mkv) for instance, or if you just need copy Blu-ray movies without any loss, you can select "Copy" and then "Directly Copy". After that, click the folder icon at the end of "Output" to specify where to locate the output files, if not, the program will export the output file to the default save path automatically, and these files can be easily found via clicking "Open" button.

Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters
Click "Settings" button, and then you can adjust audio and video parameters like codec, image pixels, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channels, to keep Dolby TrueHD audio to the greatest extent, you should select 5.1 channels.

Step 4: Start Blu-ray ripping
Once the above mentioned settings are finished, now just click "Convert" button to start Blu-ray ripping, the ripping info including ripping process, ripping time, and generated file size will all be shown clearly on the following window, and if you do not want to wait around, you can tick "Shut down computer after conversion".