Keep Up With The Daily Lay Offs

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Check which of your neighbors and relatives got laid off.

What a sad and sobering dose of reality. :frown1: :sigh:

Thanks! :smile: With all these news stories you post on here, I don't have to leave LPSG any more to get national and international news. I'm going to have to cancel my online subscriptions to internet news services thanks to you!!! :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks! :smile: With all these news stories you post on here, I don't have to leave LPSG any more to get national and international news. I'm going to have to cancel my online subscriptions to internet news services thanks to you!!! :smile:
Your sarcasm has been noted. :yup: :grumpy:

B_ClydeS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Your sarcasm has been noted. :yup: :grumpy:

What sarcasm? :eek: I'm being serious. I never thought I would see this much news-of-the-day stuff on a site like this. I seriously cancelled one of my news subscriptions earlier today as a result of your numerous postings. Your using lots of bandwidth here for these stories is better for me in the long run. So, thanks!!! :biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NJ, thank you for simply posting a link to the article instead of pasting the full text in your post. I, for one, appreciate the discussion of current events here, so please feel free to continue posting about things you find interesting.

In regard to the story at hand, it's still a sore spot for me. I'm very irritated with my employer right now, as they reported better-than-forecast Q4 and FY'08 financial results to Wall St. last Monday, and then laid off thousands of employees on Tuesday. IMO, that sort of short-sighted bullshit is a huge part of the reason we're in this mess...and it certainly isn't doing anything to help the overall economy.

D

deleted15807

I just don't see the point in keeping up with something this disheartening. The news is already filed with death and mayhem and now unemployment which means more foreclosures more declines everywhere, the downward spiral continues.