Keepin it clean down there

buffstraighthorny: hey dudes i need some advize on keepin it clean down in the crotch area. i mean, i shower a lot and im buff (and sweat a lot) but its always scratchy down there, between the scrotum and the thigh in that crevase. plus does any1 else sweat in their asscrack a lot? any advice?

Bluespeedoz

Expert Member
Media
Hi

If there's no rash then a good anti perspirant might do the trick though make sure you are not allergic to the contents. If it doesn't or you have a rash go see your physician because he / she can prescribe appropriate medication to sort your crotch and ass out. Washing too much may aggravate the sweating so make sure you dry off thoroughly before dressing. Also consider wearing looser fitting underwear for a little while because tight briefs n boxers or going commando may aggravate the symptoms you experience. Let me know what happens. Good luck. :blink:

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also powder my tackle with Gold Bond medicated Powder. It keeps everything dry and absorbs sweat that may occur during the day. You might want to give it a try. If you wear dark trousers, use it with care.

stu

Experimental Member
Media
i had the same prob and i decided to see what happens if i change underwear. the sweating went away and they are more comfortable.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by Pecker@Nov 14 2004, 08:16 AM
If you want to get your mind off the sweating just spray your balls and asscrack with Right Guard. :blink:
[post=263731]Quoted post[/post]​

I was being facetious. Spraying your tackle with Right Guard (which I learned in 8th grade) burns like hell and that will surely keep your mind off the sweating.

I've tried different anti-perspirants but they don't seem to work well in the nether regions. DMW got it right - Gold Bond powder or cornstarch does wonders.

MarkTenInch

Just Browsing
Media
Ok, I just read this oh-so-pleasant questions and read the responses and then read the question again.

First, you're scratchy in the crotch and you shower and are clean. Go see a doctor because you shouldn't be scratchy.

Second, your sweaty ass problem...could you possibly wearing clothes that are too warm for the climate? Are you sweating all over your body too or just your crack? Wearing underwear that breath is important too. If it's more serious than that ya might want to check with the doc on this one too.

Three cheers for that oh-so-fresh feeling!

buffstraighthorny: Thanks for the advice dudes. Good to hear other guys have the sweaty balls and ass.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Nov 14 2004, 08:46 PM
I also powder my tackle with Gold Bond medicated Powder. It keeps everything dry and absorbs sweat that may occur during the day. You might want to give it a try. If you wear dark trousers, use it with care.
[post=263758]Quoted post[/post]​

Ditto here and I also shave myself clean from ass crack to pubes. Keeps you cool, esp in summer time!

suaige: It might be jock itch or you might have developed a sensitivity to sweat too. if it is the latter only not sweating will stop it. I found right gaurd anti-persperant works great on balls and crotch, deoderant burns the sack like bengay. I don't recommend mixing your cans. That pretty much did it for me, (and a cortizone shot to get rid of the jock itch that caused the sensitivity.) The powder helps a lot too.

SL55///AMG: I used Lotriderm Cream when I had hardcore cock stink and itch/rash....Ive used it for 3 days and the symptoms are almost gone.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Good topic....another one of those subjects guys often wonder about and don't always discuss or even KNOW how to discuss it!

I'm surprised some here have suggested (and apparently even USE) the aerosol deodorants (i.e. Right Guard, etc.) but if they do so with no negative side effects, okay. I can only imagine on scrotum skin though, tlhat there would likely be some "burning effect" felt!

DMW's suggestion with Gold Bond powder is good but he's correct in noting that using such (white) powder presents a real challenge around dark trousers!
(Same with talc powder)

I recommend the "proper" underwear always be considered...("proper" being for the season of the year and the comfort factor of course.) The looser the undershorts, the more room for "breathing room" (and discouraging perspiration) it would seem.

Having used baby oil (with Vitamin E. and aloe) in various jelq/PE sessions over the years, I still like to apply this oil just after showering "down there" and then pat off all the excess with a paper towel. Somehow, it seems to throughly condition the skin and might perhaps (?) has helped me to avoid the cited skin problems others have experienced here. 'Just a thought.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
An aerosol deoderant (which is usually also an antiperspirant) will actually make the jock itch problem worse, since it dries out the skin, which will then become irritated, crack and the cycle starts all over again. Synthetic fiber undies are usually the biggest culprit to itch and odor since it doesn't absorb moisture or breath. that's a cent.50

Max

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by bigenuf@Nov 18 2004, 03:41 AM
An itchy, red patch between the scrotum and thigh is definitely jock itch--try Lamasil A/T.
[post=264161]Quoted post[/post]​

Not in every case; I have reason to know the difference between red sore patches caused by friction and true jock itch which is a fungal infection.

I only had the latter once, fortunately; keeping dry seems to be the best way of avoiding it in my experience. But the friction sores are another matter — I got those even as a boy. When I was examined at around age 7 the doctor at first thought it might be ezcema (linked with the athsma I had back then), but a quick inspection revealed the true cause of the problem ;), and prompted a remark about my 'abnormal' development. After that I was told tom use talc and lotion on a daily basis to deal with the soreness caused by friction; it was not until the problem got a whole lot worse after puberty struck that properly supporting underwear solved it. If everything is not held clear away from my legs it soon comes back.

fitdude

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Nov 20 2004, 09:20 PM
An aerosol deoderant (which is usually also an antiperspirant) will actually make the jock itch problem worse, since it dries out the skin, which will then become irritated, crack and the cycle starts all over again. Synthetic fiber undies are usually the biggest culprit to itch and odor since it doesn't absorb moisture or breath. that's a cent.50
[post=264568]Quoted post[/post]​

Extra Gold Bond (higher percent of zinc oxide) works with undergear that is mesh. Most brands and styles have a 'mesh' material. All cotton, of course.