Kegels cause Premature Ejaculation?

D_Wilbur Windbreaker

Account Disabled
Media
Please reply to this email...I'm really concerned.
I'm 37 years old. I read on your web site about Kegel exercises.

I started doing Kegels about 2 months ago after reading it would help me last longer. I was able to go 5-10 minutes.....but being a man, I got greedy and wanted to basically cum when ever I wanted, so I started doing the Kegels.

Lately I'm lucky if I last 1-2 minutes....I couldn't figure out what the heck is going on. Then yesterday I happen to read that overuse of Kegels can actually CAUSE PE!!! I read it in a few places and it has something to do with some chemical in the prostrate or something like that. Wish I would have read this 2 months ago...I wouldn't have done them at all!
I have STOPPED doing them!!!
How do I correct the problem I caused!!
Will simply stopping help me eventually get back to where I was? Also, I read that some herbs help "heal" the effects of over doing the Kegels....namely, evening primrose, damiana, american ginseng....know if these will help?
PLEASE answer this.

thank you,
Jake

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I think you need to see a doctor... Kegals can't cause PE when it specifically enduces a stay longer effect on the penis..

Just stop if you think thats the problem.. the muscles will stop being used... and then the problem you think they caused will be over.

But I think you're freaking out for no reason.

CoolHanz

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
On a similar note, when I first started to learn about Kegels too many years ago, I discovered that I tend to keep the PC muscle tense most of the time. I don't typically have a PE problem but I would sure like to figure out how to relax it.

sykray

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I retired 5 yrs ago so I haven't checked the literature as much as when I was still doing a sex problem clinic. But, I haven't heard of anything to suggest that Kegels result in PE. In fact, if you are proficient in contracting the muscles, holding the muscles tight prevents ejaculation. They have been used to train young men to have multiple orgasms without ejaculating until they are ready to end a sexual session.

Anyhoo, either treat the PE as coincidental and continue with Kegels or decide to stop - up to you. Stopping will result in whatever build up of muscle tone, in the pubococcygeus muscles, to recede. Personally, I guess (and it can only be a guess) that you are either getting tense and anxious generally or you are getting over-aroused sexually and this led to the episodes of PE.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please reply to this email...I'm really concerned.
I'm 37 years old. I read on your web site about Kegel exercises.

I started doing Kegels about 2 months ago after reading it would help me last longer. I was able to go 5-10 minutes.....but being a man, I got greedy and wanted to basically cum when ever I wanted, so I started doing the Kegels.

Lately I'm lucky if I last 1-2 minutes....I couldn't figure out what the heck is going on. Then yesterday I happen to read that overuse of Kegels can actually CAUSE PE!!! I read it in a few places and it has something to do with some chemical in the prostrate or something like that. Wish I would have read this 2 months ago...I wouldn't have done them at all!
I have STOPPED doing them!!!
How do I correct the problem I caused!!

The whole point of kegals is to learn control of the PC muscles.Once you can clench down,you then have the control to relax those muscles at the point of no return(when you know your about to cum).It has nothing to do with chemicals in the prostate and herbs won't help.You've learned to tighten up now use that to relax trust me it works.I can be the minute man for a quicky or drag it out for an hour.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Kegels, in my case, have led to the most powerful orgasms of my life. I try do do at least 100 Kegals a day. The exercise has not led to a problem with premature ejaculation.

steeler_999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Being proficient at being able contract and relax the pc muscle voluntarily while engaging in sexual activity gives you increased control over the process of triggering an ejaculation. You have to be able to feel what you're doing with the pc muscle. I usually take a longer time than what I would like before I cum. But I am able to speed the process up a little bit by being able to forcefully contract my pc muscle and hold it like that for awhile. I assume that this puts some needed pressure on the prostate. But the important part of doing kegels is to develop voluntary control over the pc muscle. Then you need to either contract or relax the muscle in order to get the response you want.