Kegels

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
Ok so Big Al said to do 50, 5 second kegels throughout the day. I'm just trying to clarify, if it's really important to rest in between each kegal? Are you not supposed to knock all 50 out in 15 minutes?

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you can do smaller sets thoughout the day that total 50 by the end of the day. For example, do a set of 10, five times in a day spread out.

I am currently doing quick ones in sets of 50 so I could do 200+ a day or every other day.

My next step is to hold them out longer. But I always try to hold out the last rep of the set of 50 for as long as I could.

Since upping these kegels into the 200 level, I have been getting more erections while I am asleep. How do I know, because they kind of wake me up. Its weird, but I guess its a good thing. Or I will wake up in the morning with one, and its not the morning wood where you have to go pee.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The goal is to be able to do all 50 in one shot, but a lot of beginners may not be able to accomplish that.

wellhung9

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks guys for both inputs. I've been doing all 50 at once. How long do you rest in between each kegal Al, like 5 to 10 seconds?

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just a quick hijack. It shouldn't matter if kegals are done flacid or erect (unlike jelqing) does it?

I can't think of a reason why that would be.

Doing kegels with an erection is a bit better because you have blood flowing through the penis and you can also see the exercise working as your penis moves up and down as you contract.

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a query... I get why they're beneficial to women (ie tightening muscles and reducing risk of bladder weakness), is it the same reason for guys doing them?

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just a query... I get why they're beneficial to women (ie tightening muscles and reducing risk of bladder weakness), is it the same reason for guys doing them?

The kegels plug any venous leaks that may cause ED, improve blood flow, and also improve ejaculatory control.

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're contracting [BC] muscles that help propel semen through the urethra. Clamping them tightly right before you ejaculate can help you hold back.

_Jack

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You're contracting [BC] muscles that help propel semen through the urethra. Clamping them tightly right before you ejaculate can help you hold back.

I have hardly any knowledge on the science...but surely that can't be good for the (cancer-prone) prostate?

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have hardly any knowledge on the science...but surely that can't be good for the (cancer-prone) prostate?

The clenching action seems to calm the urge for ejaculating- why would that negatively affect the prostate?

_Jack

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The clenching action seems to calm the urge for ejaculating- why would that negatively affect the prostate?

Just before orgasm surely your body prepares itself for that 'point of no return', the prostate produces the majority of the semen does it not? Sooo 'teasing' the prostate with pseudo-orgasms surely could add unnecessary stress to the gland?
There is reason to suggest that frequent ejaculation helps prevent prostate cancer...and yes I know edging obviously ends in ejaculation at some point, and by no means does edging result in less frequent ejaculation....its just the stress that must be put on the prostate during the process that made me think of it.
To be honest that 'stress' (if there is any at all) could very well strengthen it.

I have next to no idea what i'm talking about...I was just throwing it out there as something to discuss.
I edge/stop, start, all the time!

Big Al

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just before orgasm surely your body prepares itself for that 'point of no return', the prostate produces the majority of the semen does it not? Sooo 'teasing' the prostate with pseudo-orgasms surely could add unnecessary stress to the gland?
There is reason to suggest that frequent ejaculation helps prevent prostate cancer...and yes I know edging obviously ends in ejaculation at some point, and by no means does edging result in less frequent ejaculation....its just the stress that must be put on the prostate during the process that made me think of it.
To be honest that 'stress' (if there is any at all) could very well strengthen it.

I have next to no idea what i'm talking about...I was just throwing it out there as something to discuss.
I edge/stop, start, all the time!

I don't see how any of this would result in prostate issues- on the contrary. An organ that's exercised is usually a healthy organ.

Even if you don't ejaculate any semen that's built up will be voided the next time you urinate.