Kennedy's funeral mass

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's unfortunate that so many chose to focus on one single incident in a mans life to define him without looking at all of the incredibly important work he has done since.
In the end he was a father, a husband, an uncle and a friend who has died. I don't understand why reverence is not possible. If all of you who can not or will not show some respect...can you tell me what you have done to improve your world much less the lives of others? It is sad to me that more respect and grief has been paid by most members of this site to Michael Jackson than to Mr. Kennedy.
Because too many today are engaged in a rhetorical battle which has little to do with substance. Very good post.

Last edited:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
whatever...

If he was concerned about saving his own reputation, he would have reported the incident as soon as possible.
To do otherwise was pretty good proof that he wasn't thinking clearly.
He claimed that his physicians told him he had suffered a concussion during the event.
I find this entirely plausible.
The effect of concussions wasn't really something that most people, including journalists, knew much about back then. In the decades since, we've learned just how serious (and sometimes insidious) their effects can be.

But whatever ...

RMK led a life thereafter that was pretty impressive. I have no doubt that he was fundamentally a man of good heart. We have too many testimonies to that effect from too many people to have much doubt on that point.

Forty years after, and just days after his death, can't mention of his name bring something else to mind other than Chappaquiddick?

S

superbot

The whole Kennedy thing is and always been a shallow myth,just political showbiz really.People are dying every second of every day,that is the reality of life.Why are these people still living off past glories? As for the funeral Mass,kinda makes a mockery of the churches teachings particually on marriage,as they were all a bunch of blatant adulterers with zero respect for women!!!! 'Vanity,vanity all is vanity'...

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
superbot-

The body of work the late senior Senator from Massachusetts was able to accomplish in his thirty years in the Senate can hardly be deemed "living off past glories" ...neither can the importance of the impact of a family devoted to the betterment of the human condition in general.

These are not your average Joes.

"Mockery of the church"?? You jest!

The church is a mockery of itself.

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
"It's unfortunate that so many chose to focus on one single incident in a mans life"........fortunately nobody here is the final judge.

D_Stanford Dedwillie III

Just Browsing
Media
"It's unfortunate that so many chose to focus on one single incident in a mans life"........fortunately nobody here is the final judge.

I that what the death of a young woman is to you?...- an 'incident?'

Perhaps speak with her family members - ask them if it was just an 'incident.'

You should be ashamed of yourself.

S

superbot

superbot-

The body of work the late senior Senator from Massachusetts was able to accomplish in his thirty years in the Senate can hardly be deemed "living off past glories" ...neither can the importance of the impact of a family devoted to the betterment of the human condition in general.

These are not your average Joes.

"Mockery of the church"?? You jest!

The church is a mockery of itself.
I don't jest.The Kennedys fancied themselves more they were.If you were sufficiently honest you will know that many of them,were living off the name and still are.Edward Kennedy was an unrepentant adulterer and had the same distain for women as did his brothers.Besides their impact ,in my opinion is negliable.More showbiz than substance,which of course America loves....

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
I was just commenting on the "holier than thou" crowd here, all any of us get to have is an opinion, some other force gets to judge.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Perhaps speak with her family members - ask them if it was just an 'incident.'
That's impossible. Her parents (the beneficiaries of the Kennedy largesse) are dead.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

By your logic so should the Kopechnes.

The Kopechnes had their price. The Kennedy money bought their silence in 1969.

Who's worse Squiggle; a man who undoubtedly suffered a concusion and cannot account for several hours (so the Dukes County Inquest found) or parents who are so devoted to their daughter they'll take the money and keep still?

Kennedy was no saint. But the Kopechnes lived off their dead daughter until they died. THEY ought to be "ashamed of [themselves]". Mary Jo was a party girl who provided upper class "servicing" to better herself professionally. It's as simple as that.

Recall those were very different times when men were given a carte blanche to cheat on their wives and the wife (Joan Bennett Kennedy in this case) was expected to turn a blind eye to what she knew was going on with all the Kennedy men during the 60s.

Ted's actions that night on Chappy were precisely what Mary Jos' were. They were going out to Dike Bridge to get laid. Robert had had Mary Jo just previously. I know that Island like the back of my hand. I've walked over that bridge easily fifty times. I know the few year 'round families on the Island and the family who runs the Chappy ferry from that Island across the channel to Edgartown. Their opinon of what happened is not yours. They lived the event. And their hands-on witnessing of the subsequent inquest has been the topic of many discussion among this writer and two of those families. I spent two years as a caretaker only a half a mile from the site of the tragedy.

You're willing to condemn out of hand a man for one action in his life while ignoring the betterment he's afforded countless known and unknown people and causes in his thirty-year career in the Senate.

YOU ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Last edited:

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What type of Massachusettsonianiter are you? I could nearly have sworn ('ceptin' fer the fact that I ain't one ta be a-swearin') that Tedlicles was in The Senate for more than 40 years. (sorry S. your error has been eating at me like cheese on a cucumber sandwich since last night)

Other than that, I am inclined to agree about the good record of the late Senator.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Northland said:
What type of Massachusettsonianiter are you?

The kind who got the shit kicked out of his head almost exactly two years ago by three homophobic fucking thugs. Sorry I mess up still from it. I still think of him as alive and young oddly.

But you and senor rubirose are correct... my mistake Northland.

Addition and numerical recall are no longer my fortes alas. But the rest of what I've written is entirely as I lived it. I've been made privy to info that's not available to others who'd take pot shots at the Senator who have little-to-no knowledge of the events surrounding Chappaquiddick.

Let's focus on the fellow's service to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, this country, and the world.