Kenya's first lady slaps official

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Source BBC NEWS | Africa | Kenya's first lady slaps official

A Kenyan broadcaster has lodged an official complaint after video images of the president's wife slapping an official were seized and erased.

Nation TV filmed Lucy Kibaki slapping the official during an independence day celebration at State House in Nairobi.

He had mistakenly introduced Kenya's first lady by the name of the woman widely alleged to be her love rival.

In 2005, Mrs Kibaki was accused of slapping a cameraman in a protest over coverage of her row with a neighbour.

This gaffe comes at a sensitive time as Kenya prepares to elect a new president in two weeks.

Embarrassment

When the official from the president's office mistakenly introduced the first lady by the name of the woman widely believed to be President Mwai Kibaki's second wife, Mrs Kibaki marched up to him and promptly slapped him around the face.

In Kenya it is not unusual for a man to have several wives.

But the president has repeatedly denied that he has another wife, even though it has long been a source of speculation in Kenyan society.

Nation TV, one of the broadcasters covering the event, had its tape seized by security officials.

The slapping incident was promptly erased before the tape was handed back.

The TV station has now made an official complaint to Kenya's Media Council.

It is not the first time that the first lady has been steeped in controversy.

She found herself in the spotlight two years ago when she allegedly slapped a cameraman after storming into a newsroom to protest her treatment by the media.

The cameraman tried to sue for assault, but the case was thrown out of court.

This latest attack will be a source of embarrassment for President Kibaki.

In two weeks time he will fight for a second presidential term in what it likely to be one of the most closely contested political battles ever seen in Kenya.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In Kenya it is not unusual for a man to have several wives.

Slapping? pah! It's also not unusual for wives to have their husband's mistresses killed. From personal experience I know this to be true - someone I met once or twice is currently on trial for exactly that.

If convicted (and she will be) she faces execution.:eek:

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How is it that in England the word "row" has come to mean "fight"? Here in the US, a row is a boat you row, row, row gently down the stream.

There is no confusion there, in that context it is pronounced differently - rhymes with "wow".

It's amusing that the language you and I speak should ever be confused with English.
It is their language, after all.:biggrin1:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Slapping? pah! It's also not unusual for wives to have their husband's mistresses killed. From personal experience I know this to be true - someone I met once or twice is currently on trial for exactly that.You certainly travel with an interesting crowd. :eek:
If convicted (and she will be) she faces execution.:eek:
An eye for an eye? How delightfully archaic. :rolleyes:

Good grief! The woman has a bit of a problem....
If she was American, someone would slap her with a lawsuit... :biggrin1::tongue:
It appears that is what will happen there as well.:tongue:

I like this and find it very refreshing. Very human and very funny.
:lmao: If somebody called me by the name of my husbands mistress on national television I would be hard pressed to act like a lady.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An eye for an eye? How delightfully archaic. :rolleyes:

For someone who extols the virtue of the death penalty, that's a curious sentiment.

You certainly travel with an interesting crowd. :eek:

Not exactly travel...I said I knew her (Beatrice), not that she was my best buddy. She's an Aunt (in an honorary way by virtue of family friends - not by blood) and we'd shared a Mosi or two at her house in the past. The last time, about a year ago was just before she was about to travel to China to get windows for the house - I'd been there and gave her some travel tips.

Anyway as you may imagine, a lot of us were tremendously shocked when we found out what she had (allegedly) done. It goes to show one can never really know someone!!:eek:

She didn't pull the trigger herself of course, she paid others to do that and basically they screwed it up. Essentially, she had paid two men to kill Monica and when they found the garden boy with her at the house they sms'd and phoned Beatrice for instructions!! - she told them to kill them both. The problem being that the boy lived and turned them in. Beatrice was initially implicated by those text messages and phone records.

She is one of very few Independendly wealthy women in Zambia and Jonathan (her now Ex) had been involved with Monica for years (of which she was aware). I don't know what finally drove her over the edge, jealousy and greed most likely.

I expect she counted on her political connections to protect her in the worst case scenario. She miscalculated. The irony is that it's quite likely that if convicted Levy would have commuted any death sentence had Beatrice not been 'in his pocket' in so many ways. Because of that association he now needs to be seen to ensure that no special treatment is applied.

Times of Zambia

She always did have a big mouth.:rolleyes:

Times of Zambia

Ok, enough said.