Kevin Jennings

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pitbull, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Pitbull

Gold Member

2. houtx48

Gold Member

well if the source was faux news then it must be true. comment soon by mann coulter and slime o'rielly and tears by beck

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    A Google search of Kevin Jennings brought up these stories on the first page:

HumanEvents.com
    : Headquarters of the Conservative Underground
    AtlasShrugs2000.typepad.com
    FoxNews.com
    TipsQ.com
    ThinkProgress.com
    ThinkProgress goes on to refute the entire case against Mr Jennings in the article I've linked above (at least as of 7/03/09, when the post was published).

There are other hysterical articles by WND and American For Truth (who calls him a "Homosexual Extremist Bigot" that I won't bother linking.

I really think you've opened a huge can of worms here at LPSG that you'll have wished you hadn't. Mr Jennings is a favorite whipping boy of some of the most extreme elements of the religious right, which finds few if any sympathetic ears amongst the membership here.

4. D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Isn't it strange that Fox News is out there "getting the stories" that the "irresponsible mainstream media" is neglecting? (this story here; the Acorn story; the "Obama is not a Valid U.S. Citizen" story; the various Tea Party stories -- which, ironically, Fox News also organizes).

Fox News is becoming a Fringe News Franchise all unto themselves. They don't really report the news, so much as exploit & nuture whatever right-wing fears they can grab a hold of and turn into a profit.

Guns, Gays and God?? --- don't you worry, Fox News is there with the story.

5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

From the editorial posted by the Washington Times, we can't even tell whether or not he's actually had sex with the 15 year old in question. Looking up Kevin Jennings' name, however, this extremely funny piece of propaganda came up: Jennings

You click on it, and what do you know? It references the issue about the 15 year old. Apparently, the kid was approached by someone in a bathroom and he told Kevin Jennings that he went home with them. Kevin's response was one that promoted safe sex: "You know, I hope you knew to use a condom." Considering that safe sex is actually taught in many schools across the country, there is no reason why ANYONE should be trying to twist this incident into one that is inappropriate or somehow "immoral".

But what about Mark Foley you ask? The so-called "double standard"? How about we read the text messages he sent to a minor? The IMs That Forced Foley to Resign

So, do you REALLY want to draw a parallel between someone who was giving safe sex advice to a kid between someone who was asking them whether or not they were receiving hand jobs from a girl? Yeah, nice stretch.

You should stick to Birthergate because at least there you have at least one fan to back you up. :rolleyes:

6. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Guys, seriously...why do you rise to this bait?

7. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Exactly...let these assholes twist from their own ropes.

They think they're doing damage to the Obama administration, the Democratic Party, and to left-of-center ideology in general.

Fact is, America is quietly sitting back, watching, listening, and taking note. Given time, they'll out themselves for the venomous, hate-mongering, fanatics that they really are.

8. Zeuhl34

Gold Member

Albums:
    Some people (often including myself) get some sort of sick, bizarre pleasure out of arguing with obstinate people that we disagree with. I don't really know why, but it's the whole reason I enjoy arguments with creationists.

Draft saved Draft deleted