Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
UPDATED: 10:33 p.m. October 21, 2007
Kid Rock arrested in DeKalb after fight at Waffle House

By SAEED AHMED
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 10/21/07

While promoting his latest CD, Kid Rock vowed he was putting his days of made-for-the-tabloid antics behind him. The man from Michigan says he wants to be known for his music, not as a gossip-column item.
This weekend in Atlanta, Kid Rock managed to do both.

DeKalb Sheriff's Office
Kid Rock's mug shot

Saturday night, he rocked a sold-out
Tabernacle at a show supporting "Rock N Roll Jesus," currently the No. 1 album in the country and the first chart-topper of his 17-year career.
A few hours later, Kid Rock, who calls his genre-bending blend of country, rap and southern rock "hick-Hop," was arrested after police said he and his entourage beat up a customer — at a local Waffle House.
Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, was charged with simple battery, as were five other men who were with him.
The 36-year-old rocker was released from DeKalb County Jail on Sunday afternoon after posting a $1,000 bond on the misdemeanor charge.

Police said Ritchie was finishing up a post-show meal at a Waffle House on Buford Highway about 5:15 a.m. Sunday when a customer recognized a woman in his entourage and began exchanging words with her.

Ritchie joined in the altercation, which soon escalated into a physical fight between the rocker and the man, Harlem DeJon Akins, 39.
Soon, five other men in his entourage — including the guitarist and the bass player in his band, Twisted Brown Trucker — jumped into the fray, and the fight spilled from inside the restaurant into the parking lot, said police spokeswoman Mekka Parish.

When the brawl ended, Ritchie and his group got into their tour bus and left the scene. An officer pulled the bus over at Buford Highway and Lenox Road, and all five men were booked into jail on the misdemeanor battery charge.

Along with Ritchie, police charged guitarist Jason E. Krause, 38, bassist Aaron Julison, 27, George P. Vourvoulias, 36; James W. Murphy, 34; and Brian O. Lang, 37.

Akins, the customer who suffered minor cuts and bruises in the fight, faces a more serious charge.

Police said that during the fight, he punched a window of the restaurant and broke it. Because the pane cost more than $500, Akins was charged with a felony criminal damage to property.

The staff at the 24-hour eatery at 2812 Buford Highway said Sunday evening that they weren't permitted to talk about the fight that resulted in the boarded-up window, referring comments to the restaurant spokesman.

"He [Akins] destroyed the window," said spokesman Pat Warner. "I really don't know what the intent was behind it."

Warner sidestepped questions about Kid Rock facing only a misdemeanor for beating a man, while his alleged victim was slapped with a felony for breaking an $800 window.

"We're concerned about all our customers," the spokesman said.
Ritchie's publicist could not be reached for comment Sunday night.
It was the second weekend in a row that an artist who is signed to Atlantic Records has been arrested in metro Atlanta.

On Oct. 13, federal agents arrested rapper T.I. in a Midtown parking lot as he allegedly tried to illegally buy three machine guns and two silencers, hours before he was to receive two top awards at the BET Hip-Hop Awards.

Unlike T.I, whose rise to success is a bonafide rags-to-riches story, the myth that Ritchie cultivates about growing up in a double-wide trailer in Michigan belies the fact that his father successfully owned two car dealerships.

He shot to superstardom in 1998 with his fourth CD, "Devil Without a Cause," where he adopted what he described as a "white-trash" persona and cashed in on the popularity of rap-metal, selling 12 million records.

Since then, his CDs have continued to do relatively well, but his overexposed personal life continued to steal the spotlight from his musical achievements.

His stint as husband No. 2 to actress Pamela Anderson last year — and the subsequent ugly breakup — grabbed headlines, as did the kerfuffle last month at the MTV Video Music Awards when he punched his ex's ex, Tommy Lee.

With "Rock N Roll Jesus," Ritchie said he was getting back on topic. The CD knocked Bruce Springsteen's recorded-in-Atlanta "Magic" off the top spot, and sold 172,000 copies in its first week.

"The personal antics have overshadowed the music," he told the Associated Press earlier this month. "I am hoping to bring it back to the music now."

Today, he can start all over again.

Staff writers Steve Visser and Richard Eldredge contributed to this report.

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
UPDATED: 10:33 p.m. October 21, 2007
Kid Rock arrested in DeKalb after fight at Waffle House

By SAEED AHMED
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 10/21/07

While promoting his latest CD, Kid Rock vowed he was putting his days of made-for-the-tabloid antics behind him. The man from Michigan says he wants to be known for his music, not as a gossip-column item.
This weekend in Atlanta, Kid Rock managed to do both.

DeKalb Sheriff's Office
Kid Rock's mug shot

Saturday night, he rocked a sold-out
Tabernacle at a show supporting "Rock N Roll Jesus," currently the No. 1 album in the country and the first chart-topper of his 17-year career.
A few hours later, Kid Rock, who calls his genre-bending blend of country, rap and southern rock "hick-Hop," was arrested after police said he and his entourage beat up a customer — at a local Waffle House.
Rock, whose real name is Robert James Ritchie, was charged with simple battery, as were five other men who were with him.
The 36-year-old rocker was released from DeKalb County Jail on Sunday afternoon after posting a $1,000 bond on the misdemeanor charge.

Police said Ritchie was finishing up a post-show meal at a Waffle House on Buford Highway about 5:15 a.m. Sunday when a customer recognized a woman in his entourage and began exchanging words with her.

Ritchie joined in the altercation, which soon escalated into a physical fight between the rocker and the man, Harlem DeJon Akins, 39.
Soon, five other men in his entourage — including the guitarist and the bass player in his band, Twisted Brown Trucker — jumped into the fray, and the fight spilled from inside the restaurant into the parking lot, said police spokeswoman Mekka Parish.

When the brawl ended, Ritchie and his group got into their tour bus and left the scene. An officer pulled the bus over at Buford Highway and Lenox Road, and all five men were booked into jail on the misdemeanor battery charge.

Along with Ritchie, police charged guitarist Jason E. Krause, 38, bassist Aaron Julison, 27, George P. Vourvoulias, 36; James W. Murphy, 34; and Brian O. Lang, 37.

Akins, the customer who suffered minor cuts and bruises in the fight, faces a more serious charge.

Police said that during the fight, he punched a window of the restaurant and broke it. Because the pane cost more than $500, Akins was charged with a felony criminal damage to property.

The staff at the 24-hour eatery at 2812 Buford Highway said Sunday evening that they weren't permitted to talk about the fight that resulted in the boarded-up window, referring comments to the restaurant spokesman.

"He [Akins] destroyed the window," said spokesman Pat Warner. "I really don't know what the intent was behind it."

Warner sidestepped questions about Kid Rock facing only a misdemeanor for beating a man, while his alleged victim was slapped with a felony for breaking an $800 window.

"We're concerned about all our customers," the spokesman said.
Ritchie's publicist could not be reached for comment Sunday night.
It was the second weekend in a row that an artist who is signed to Atlantic Records has been arrested in metro Atlanta.

On Oct. 13, federal agents arrested rapper T.I. in a Midtown parking lot as he allegedly tried to illegally buy three machine guns and two silencers, hours before he was to receive two top awards at the BET Hip-Hop Awards.

Unlike T.I, whose rise to success is a bonafide rags-to-riches story, the myth that Ritchie cultivates about growing up in a double-wide trailer in Michigan belies the fact that his father successfully owned two car dealerships.

He shot to superstardom in 1998 with his fourth CD, "Devil Without a Cause," where he adopted what he described as a "white-trash" persona and cashed in on the popularity of rap-metal, selling 12 million records.

Since then, his CDs have continued to do relatively well, but his overexposed personal life continued to steal the spotlight from his musical achievements.

His stint as husband No. 2 to actress Pamela Anderson last year — and the subsequent ugly breakup — grabbed headlines, as did the kerfuffle last month at the MTV Video Music Awards when he punched his ex's ex, Tommy Lee.

With "Rock N Roll Jesus," Ritchie said he was getting back on topic. The CD knocked Bruce Springsteen's recorded-in-Atlanta "Magic" off the top spot, and sold 172,000 copies in its first week.

"The personal antics have overshadowed the music," he told the Associated Press earlier this month. "I am hoping to bring it back to the music now."

Today, he can start all over again.

Staff writers Steve Visser and Richard Eldredge contributed to this report.

Wouldn't be surprisedif he hit's the "square grouper" on his way to miami.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never like his music either. This waffle house story got me rolling. Not a bar or a club but a Waffle House

I know! That's what got me too, the whole band was hanging at the Waffle House. All that money, and after a show he tells the limo driver, "oh no, don't take us straight to the Ritz-Carlton. Me & my boyz need some good eats! Just stop at the nearest big yellow waffle house sign." :biggrin1:

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know! That's what got me too, the whole band was hanging at the Waffle House. All that money, and after a show he tells the limo driver, "oh no, don't take us straight to the Ritz-Carlton. Me & my boyz need some good eats! Just stop at the nearest big yellow waffle house sign." :biggrin1:
Thats really down to earth. All the money and he wants to eat at a Waffle house. Thats keeping it real

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kid Rock is a joke and there is no doubt this was the antic of a guy whose career is on the downslide and he is starving for attention. Knowing that most club goers are not going to be as into him as the white trash at a Waffle House, he goes there for love. Guess what Kid? Even your trailer park following is sick of your crap.

He needs to accept he has been stung by "The Curse of the Silicon Bimbo". Tommy Lee's little career wnet to hell after his break up with Pam Anderson, when he stopped bashing on her, he got back on track. Kid needs to grow up and be a man. Whiney punk that he is.

Can you tell I have an extreme disdain for this moron?

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not surprised about Kid Rock.
What I'm more surprised about is T.I
Why the hell did TI try and buy those guns?!?!?! I'm hoping it's for some stupid collection of sort.

I like T.I and now he kinda ruined it for me. Dammit!
What an idiot! With the "possee" he runs with, I'm sure he could've got someone else to buy the guns. Not that buying guns is a good thing, but you know what I mean.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's such a dork. I've never liked Kid Rock, or his music.
Me neither, to date, his only claim to fame 's been marrying Pam Anderson. That and only one song i took interst in- Picture w/Sheryl Crow.

I never like his music either. This waffle house story got me rolling. Not a bar or a club but a Waffle House
Fucking figures he'd actually get involved in a restaurant brawl.

Fucking REDNECK, man, what'd you expect- the Hilton?
Even then they'd have to throw away the suite's furniture after he left and replace it.:rolleyes:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well,

How is he that different from Russell Simmons, Run and Puffy? THey all grew up in solidly middle class families as well. Andre Harrell ,who Puffy ran over at the beginning to start Bad Boy,(He gave him an internship and was rewarded by having his stable of artists raided) came from the hood and never wanted to look back.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The guy is such a joke. Has he actually achieved anything of merit? Who can even name a Kid Rock song? Aside from that, if I woke up hungover and found out that I'd started a brawl at IHOP the night before, I'd quit the music industry and go live in a shack in Missouri somewhere to live out the rest of my days in a place where nobody could remind me of it.

And Naughty, it's DIDDY - get with the times, haha.

B_superlarge

Experimental Member
Media
How do the cooks remember all those orders? The waitresses write down the orders, but instead of putting the ticket so he can read it they hollor it out to him. In the morning time he may have many going at one time and is busy cookiing up a storm when the waitresses keep hollering the orders out. I was in a Waffle house that had three cooks at one time in order to try and keep up, but one cook walked out when he got confused about which cook had which order. It was a mess to hear and see, but somehow the cooks do usually get it right. Why not just put the ticket so the cooks can read it and stop all that damn hollering? That is one reason why I rarely go to a Waffle house any more, because early in the morning time I don't like people hollering around me. Still though, it is impressive watching a cook remember everything.

The Waffle House is not a safe place to be late at night on a Friday or Saturday. People go there after leaving bars and many are half drunk. It's not uncommon for the police to have to be called to Waffle Houses during those hours. During my party days I went to the Waffle House myself during those hours, but nowadays I can't stand to be around too much bs.