Kids/People today are WIMPS.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ripsrips, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Does anyone else in here fel that we are raising the weaniest, whiniest, group of children this country has raised!

Children born in the 80's and on are cottled too much. "Everyone is a winner". Kids sports don't even keep score anymore so they feel that were all equal...No one gets left out...BULLSHIT. An overabundance of safety regulations. Could you imagine the tough kid in the neighborhood you grew up in wearing a bicycle helmet? Not that you see children playing outside anymore anyway. "Its too hot out there"
    You can't stereotype people even though they do those exact things that got them stereotyped...oh poor baby the truth hurts...growup!

The generation that is someday going to be charged with the responsibility of taking care of this country is incapable!

Ok now i feel better...but sad for our future.

Whatever happened to letting a kid just be a kid?

2. lucky8

Gold Member

It's 105 degrees where i live...would you go outside? Go fuck urself buddy...

3. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I was born in 1985 and that everyone was a winner crap wasn't around when I was a kid, not in NYC at least. Also I don't know how old you are, but why are you blaming the kids? It's their parents who raised them that way. I agree generally that a lot of people are oversensitive but it seems ridiculous to blame the people raised that way. If a kid is spoiled his whole life and grows up expecting everything handed to him I pity him but I know inside its his parents doing.

4. lucky8

Gold Member

Lol looks like he should be blaimng his generation instead of ours...

5. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Sounds like you just did!:lame::crackhead::asshole:

6. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

Our generation doesn't take shit from people who don't know what they're talking about. I think my generation is a lot more independent actually and better off than the older inhabitants of this planet who think they know everything still.

7. lucky8

Gold Member

You called my generation incapable pussies...merely clarifying i am not one

8. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

I was a kid :biggrin1: and I'm from '88.
    This is bullshit for me, I never wear a hellmet!

9. ripsrips

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I'm not blaming the kids. It's the Parents who have turned their kids into wimps, this trend started in the 80's with instead if being a parent they wanted to be friends...

You have a lifetime to be friends...but for godssake be a parent first!
    A little discipline and responsibilty go a long way.

10. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Born in 88 as well. We are among the cockiest people around. Helmet enforcement was totally around when I was growing up. But I think so much has been watered down for the upcoming children.

11. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I agree, we youngin's just take umbrage at being the problem. We like to defend our generation and blame old fucks for all that's wrong with people and the world. :cool:

12. lucky8

Gold Member

Sounds like the 60s and 70s...

13. D_Roderick Beresford Stiffington IV

I think were just as promiscuous as the people in that generation too, but only because of the internet. Hopefully more people are safer though.

14. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ebb and flow, more and more we're finding out how dangerous things (and people) are so we're taking heed. I'm a 1985 baby and I wasn't raised to be a wimp, if I came home and somebody hit me and I didn't hit them back, that was ANOTHER whoopin'.

And how many of us remember grandma sendin' us outside to cut a switch? I sho' do, so does my behind.

15. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yawn. If anyone bothered to read books that are more than a century or two old, they would see that EVERY generation does something to the next generation, and EVERY generation laments, "Oh, my GOD... what has HAPPENED to the CHILDREN... sob, sob, sob."

Humanity is alive and well.

Duh.

16. Hand_Solo

Gold Member

There are books that old?

17. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yep...or if not the children certainly the whiniest parents of the poor dears.

When I think about all the stuff since I was a kid that they've now found to be harmful: lead paint, certain food additives, stuff in plastics, small parts on toys... by those accounts we oughta be dead... should've never made it out of the playpen. But we managed.

The bigger issue is those who didn't.

So if they've found yet something else that's going to make a safer world for those who've just begun, I'm okay with it. So long as we don't resort to wrapping them all in celophane or enclosing them in little protective plastic bubbles - maybe with little portals for their arms and feet?? (which incidentally have been found to be haz......) :cool:

18. Supersized

Supersized New Member

You cant classify an entire generation as wimps. The human race is way to complicated and diverse for that. There are always going to be disciplinarians or child abusers, tough people and gentle people. Yes, i don't believe in hitting children. If it's wrong to hit a woman, it better be wrong for her to hit a child.

#18 Supersized, Aug 4, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  19. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was born in 1980. When I thought about fucking up, my mother would growl, "I will beat you 'til you bleed!" and if I DID screw up, she tore my ass. She would follow these whippings with a lecture about responsibility, obedience, and the way the world works. She would remind me that she was the very best friend I was ever going to have, and then sometimes hit me again for good measure. If I ran from a beating, she tied me down. If I needed a beating, but she was too mad to do it, she'd send me to the house of a friend or relative to do whatever hard work they could give me as punishment.

I wore a bike helmet because in my neighborhood one good crack in the pavement could kill a cyclist. I sucked at sports and always lost. They gave me little tiny ribbons or certificates for participating, as opposed to the huge, gleaming trophies the winners got. This was positive reinforcement (keep trying, clutz!) while still being able to see that I had a long way to go in order to achieve success in that particular area. I was picked last in gym, and injured by dodge-balls often enough to have a permanent fear-of-the-ball. But I'll still agree to a game of catch, or frisbee, or even volleyball or badminton. But yeah. Kids should wear helmets. We all should. Adults can choose, but it's right to legally force kids to wear them.

I excelled in spelling, science, and music as little girl. But I lost many spelling bees, which was painful, got rejected at A LOT of auditions, which was even more painful, and never ever even placed at a science competition outside of my own school. In fact, the best I did was to get third place in my school, and not so much as honorably mentioned at the district fair.

Rejection strengthened me. Dodge-balls to the face strengthened me. Little ribbons for participating were nice and made my mother smile.

But now, they do go too far. i went to my nephew's t-ball games and was bored to tears because not only is there no pitcher, but no one loses, no one wins, and no score is kept. What utter bullshit! How is that little pansy going to learn that he can't be great at everything? When is he going to figure out that sometimes, no matter how hard he tries, he is going to have his nuts handed to him? Jeez. He wasn't even that excited when it turned out that he's an excellent little footballer. Because he'd never before lost, winning wasn't a thrill at all. Wow. The grown-ups are wrecking thngs, huh?

20. lucky8

Gold Member

There is no need for a pitcher in t-ball, that's what the t is for

Draft saved Draft deleted