Killed two tiny lizards yesterday

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yesterday while walking to the kitchen I see something on the living room wall. I look closer and it is two tiny lizards and they are not moving. So for a minute I debate with myself what to do. They are really cute and only about an inch and a quarter long including their tail. I know they probably eat ants and other small bugs. The thing is that I don't want them in my apartment and I don't want them to reproduce. So I take off my bedroom slippers and try to smash them against the wall. The fist guy too two hits, I missed him the first time. The second guy was harder to get because he was near the ridge where the ceiling meets the wall. They didn't move that fast either. I think they were baby lizards. :frown1: Maybe next time if I run into more of them I will try to remove them and take them outside. I have no problem killing roaches or ants but if something is cute it makes it harder to kill.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you certain they were lizards and not geckos?(I know that technically geckos are lizards) Geckos are great to have living in the house. They appear on the walls every night and hunt mossies, flies etc. We had one in our last house and it became pretty tame. Even the dog who hates lizards used to ignore it. They are considered very lucky for the household in this Country.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are you certain they were lizards and not geckos?(I know that technically geckos are lizards) Geckos are great to have living in the house. They appear on the walls every night and hunt mossies, flies etc. We had one in our last house and it became pretty tame. Even the dog who hates lizards used to ignore it. They are considered very lucky for the household in this Country.

I wrote lizard because I didn't know what it was. I also didn't want them crawling on my while I slept.

It looked like a tiny version of this.
Slender Anole (Norops limifrons or Anolis limifrons) - The Firefly Forest

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Doesn't seem like they were geckos. Geckos tend to be smaller and more squat. They have shorter tails and the feet are like rounded sucker pads.

Yeah the tails were shorter, but that was their coloring. They were so small they almost looked like insects. I think they were newborns :frown1: because they did not flee when I turned on the lights or got near them, and they were not very fast when they moved. When I squashed them they were soft like a bug or spider, but I expected them to have a tougher skin.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah the tails were shorter, but that was their coloring. They were so small they almost looked like insects. I think they were newborns :frown1: because they did not flee when I turned on the lights or got near them, and they were not very fast when they moved. When I squashed them they were soft like a bug or spider, but I expected them to have a tougher skin.

Well at the risk of alarming you let's hope they were not geckos as it is considered bad luck to harm them (if you are superstitious).

Like Nick said learn to live with them.

Paul hates lizards and we had a huge one in the bedroom one day and he would not settle til I caught and released it. Yet he was quite hapy with the gecko living in the house.

D_Rawkesbye Deadheade

Experimental Member
Media
Maybe next time if I run into more of them I will try to remove them and take them outside.

That probably will be best as it saves you the trouble of having them reproduce on your premises and the guilt of taking lives of cute creatures.

And as some previous posters have suggested, they're not so bad to have in a household compared to the like of roaches and rodents.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well at the risk of alarming you let's hope they were not geckos as it is considered bad luck to harm them (if you are superstitious).

They didn't try to sell me insurance, so I don't think they were Geckos. :biggrin1::wink:

GeicoGecklogoweb.jpg

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't like it: kill it. Why does that make me suspect the correspondent is living in a superstate? Lizards are harmless; connected people have always allowed such creatures to share their patch. Lots of lizards, very few if any vermin insect life. Waht next, St George? You off to kill the dragon.

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had lizards in my house and have never had one crawl on me. I capture and remove them because they tend to dry out and die indoors. Mem, you're in Florida now. Learn to love them, especially the pink, transluscent geckos that come out at night and hang aound your porch light.
Dave

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You know what surprised me most about this thread Mem? When you posted previously having a rat in the apartment you seemed quite calm about it and rats by comparison to baby lizards well.................................:mad:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I see more of them I will let them be. I hope the little guys are in lizard heaven. :frown1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I see more of them I will let them be. I hope the little guys are in lizard heaven. :frown1:

I remember once accidently stepping on one while I was walking across a sidewalk that ran between two patches of grass. The little thing just darted out right in front of me right when I was putting my foot down. Couldn't have been anymore than 3 or 4 inches long. Even if it was an accident, I felt so bad for doing it.

Oh mem. I'm so disappointed. House geckos are wonderful things to have because they eat so many bugs and nasty things. They also might bark at night if disturbed so they act like watch dogs. They're beautiful creatures. Please don't kill them.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey, Mem. I accidentally stepped on one a few days ago, and my dog ate one yesterday. I think of these little guys as the squirrels of Florida. They are what I was most looking forward to seeing when I moved here. Let's go to the Grove, and recuperate. You down for that? I'm gonna start a thread you-know-where.