Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Marius567, Oct 30, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I pre order a Kindle Fire :smile: I worder why they will not let anyone see it until it comes out on 11-15-2011

I do not need a ipad becouse I have a net book and the ipad is to big to take any place.

so a kindle fire will be just fine.

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I pre order one too and worder why Amazam.com do dat?

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    You're lucky that you can afford such technology with your (admittedly) modest income

4. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Cap's got an iPad and I have an original Kindle. I love mine and he loves his. But he uses his primarily for music.

5. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

No Woman will have me so I have money to buy nice things.

6. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Got to admit....we can be expensive. On the other hand - men have cost me a ton of money! :eek:

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

I like real books with covers, pages, and reinforced spines.

8. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I agree. Nothing like holding a real book in your hands. I like the idea of the Kindle for one reason. It is getting people interested in reading and getting educated and informed. People who otherwise may not even think of reading a real book. The downside is that its killing regular bookstores such as the Borders bookstore in my area. They closed. It was a great place. They had a cafe. You could have coffee or something to eat. Wi Fi so you could bring your laptop. They even would have entertainment. A jazz band or something of that nature. A wonderful place i really miss.

#8 Mr. Snakey, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

kindle fire uses android os so you run apps just like andriod phone.

I like getting the news papper on my kindle. no papper to recycle

10. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It is nice to have a real book in your hand a place to go read them... but on the other hand it is also nice to be able to transport your entire library wherever you go.

I have a kindle fire on pre-order as well. What does everyone think? Eventually the paper book becomes a relic? Or will there always be ink and paper books?

11. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

You make a good point about not needing to recycle the paper. Kindle and Android run on Linux, so you should have a safe stable experience. Google and Amazon.com use Linux servers to run their sites. So it all fits together giving the user a safe, stable and fun experience.

12. catman

Gold Member

and this is Borders fault?

Borders gave away its online business, and had no ereader. Both Amazon and Barnes and Noble have (very good) ereaders and great online prescents (sp)... I think Borders committed market suicide...

as to ereaders- I have a son in college- I think its amazing that now instead of lugging around hundreds of pounds of books he can put everything on one tablet (the one downside is when you are trying to look up multiple sources (remember the old days of a desk piled full of books compiling a paper? Still think is a great technology for learning and accessing information.... curious to see whats "next"....

13. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Yes that is true. That was Borders big mistake. They missed the boat when it came to the future. They were selling a Kindle towards the end. However by that time it was much too late. I see the importance for both. However, i think bookstores will soon be a thing of the past.

14. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Bookstores in the UK are beginning to diminish in numbers, and public libraries are being closed as a result of cut-backs in local council spending.

But one of the vacant units in a local mall has opened up as "Books for Free" where they encourage you to recycle books that would otherwise go for landfill. I've gotten some good reads from there. :smile:

I'm not sure that I want a device that can store thousands of books (until I drop it, or the batteries are no longer manufactured). I'm usually only reading one at a time and they're portable enough.

#14 MarkLondon, Nov 1, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  15. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

I like to read erotic books on my kindle no more going the adult book store.

16. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

i have no time to play with my cock becase I am playing with my kindle fire all day

Draft saved Draft deleted