"Kinsey" the film

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Herin_Ghan, Mar 2, 2006.

1. D_Herin_Ghan

D_Herin_Ghan Account Disabled

Has anyone seen this yet? I just saw it on the list on HBO on demand and am currently watching it. For those who have seen it, what are your opinions on the film?

2. OneSongGlory

OneSongGlory Member

i thought... for the most part... it was really good. I don't know about how accurate it is, as I do not know all that much about Kinsey or his studies. I found it entertaining, however the ending was very anticlimactic.

3. Chuck64

Gold Member

I own it. I really enjoy watching it. Like OSG, I don't know how accurate it is. I'm not well versed in Kinsey's work, but it seemed to be a reasonable portrayal.

4. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Seemed pretty interesting...I share some of his intrests in his research, I like to know what makes ppl tick...and not heartwise either :tongue:

5. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I didn't like it. I thought it was surprisingly boring. After 45 minutes I turned it off. I was pretty disappointed because it has good actors in it too.

6. Mattness

Mattness New Member

Albums:
    Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
    Well, I had to see this film because my dear friend is in it playing "Mrs. Spaulding", the woman who says to Kinsey after he asks the University he's working for it he can publish his sex study, "...as long as it doesn't cause too much controversy!".

But, I thought, being facinated with human sexuality, that it was a wonderful film. I didn't know much about the Kinseys but learned quite a bit and liked what I saw. I thought the sex scene with Peter Scaarsgard was HOT!

I definately give it two thumbs up the butt!

This board seems to use the Kinsey Scale on profiles (even though only a few of us fill them out). I like seeing each person's percentages so that if I write to them, I know if they're going to be into penises on a sexual scale or an intellectual/spiritual scale.

Draft saved Draft deleted