KISS - Most overrated hackers ever ...

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
.... or most overrated hackers*, ever?

Discuss. It's Friday, I ain't got shit to do but down my first JB on the rocks.

*Gene Simmons' daughter sure is hot though.

KISS scared me as a kid. They really did. I didn't even like looking at the album covers. Even scarier was Alice Cooper. I had nightmares from the clips of his shows I saw on 60 Minutes. I was terrified of Alice Cooper, even moreso than KISS. Then I met Alice Cooper at my aunt's house in Greenwich. Turns out they were neighbors. He had no makeup and was sipping a bloody mary on the porch while wearing a white golf shirt and Nantucket reds with little whales embroidered on them. Alice was a preppy! Who knew?? It was at that point I got the whole gestalt of theater and greeted him very enthusiastically. I was just so thrilled to be rid of this unreasonable fear.

Then again, I couldn't tolerate the Dracula poster I had on my bedroom door either. I thought it would come to life (or undeadness) and bite me in my sleep.

Then there was the chest at the foot of the bed. I was sure Dracula slept in there too.

I actually like watching the Gene Simmons show. It does a lot to dispel my fears knowing Simmons is just a nice Jewish boy looking to make a buck. I think Gene and Shannon are actually great parents. The way they're all so easy and open with each other is completely surprising to me. It's very unlike my family life.

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
KISS scared me as a kid. They really did. I didn't even like looking at the album covers. Even scarier was Alice Cooper. I had nightmares from the clips of his shows I saw on 60 Minutes. I was terrified of Alice Cooper, even moreso than KISS. Then I met Alice Cooper at my aunt's house in Greenwich. Turns out they were neighbors. He had no makeup and was sipping a bloody mary on the porch while wearing a white golf shirt and Nantucket reds with little whales embroidered on them. Alice was a preppy! Who knew?? It was at that point I got the whole gestalt of theater and greeted him very enthusiastically. I was just so thrilled to be rid of this unreasonable fear.

Then again, I couldn't tolerate the Dracula poster I had on my bedroom door either. I thought it would come to life (or undeadness) and bite me in my sleep.

Then there was the chest at the foot of the bed. I was sure Dracula slept in there too.

I actually like watching the Gene Simmons show. It does a lot to dispel my fears knowing Simmons is just a nice Jewish boy looking to make a buck. I think Gene and Shannon are actually great parents. The way they're all so easy and open with each other is completely surprising to me. It's very unlike my family life.

Don't get me wrong, they are great capitalists, but they suck hairy ass as musicians.

Also, poltergeist fucking ruined clowns/inanimate objects (dolls of any sort, trees, snowy tv sets) for me. Ruined them. And a large chunk of my childhood.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Kiss was sham-glam, a sell-out to a cliché that had already passed.

They were a pre-packaged act spoon-fed to bored teenagers in the 70s.

Todd Rundgren had talent and style. Kiss got the bux & chix.

Don't get me wrong, they are great capitalists, but they suck hairy ass as musicians.

Also, poltergeist fucking ruined clowns/inanimate objects (dolls of any sort, trees, snowy tv sets) for me. Ruined them. And a large chunk of my childhood.

Needless to say, I never listened to their music. I didn't care one bit for metal. I did like Rush a little bit though. They had some great songs and were excellent musicians. I loathe hairbands. Oh man...

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Loved KISS, still do. I think the detractors here must not have had a quality amp & speakers in your rides! Roll a fat one, pop in KISS, put her in drive and cruise baby!

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Needless to say, I never listened to their music. I didn't care one bit for metal. I did like Rush a little bit though. They had some great songs and were excellent musicians. I loathe hairbands. Oh man...

I didn't much care for metal/hair/etc., but I've come to enjoy much of it ... most of it guiltily, mainly nostalgically, flashing back to seeing these groups on Mtv as a kid and not really getting what they were singing about (not that they are deep songs, for the most part, but I was 7-10 y/o).

Anyway, KISS sucks. (And I had a bitchin' system in my 85 Impala, though never listened to KISS in that, and have a decent set up now).